Were Caravan And BU2B Re-Recorded?

presto123

QUOTE (tas7 @ Mar 30 2012, 04:41 AM)
Both Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions went through this process. The first version of Tom Sawyer had this mad shredding solo from Alex.Subdivisions started off life as an add on to The Trees and was called The Forest live. So it all bodes well.

Sure about that?? Subdivisions was written on keyboards and while my memory ain't perfect they sure as hell weren't writing on keyboards as a main instrument until much later. If you are correct I'd be interested to know how you arrived at that conclusion.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 29 2012, 10:23 AM)
I was happy with both they way they were!

653.gif

Same here

Sure, Stafford Bingley Hall 11th November 1981.They did The Trees and added this semi instrumental keyboard thing called The Forest.My memory is a bit hazy as it was a long time ago.

When I heard Subdivisions I recognised it instantly.

QUOTE (tas7 @ Mar 30 2012, 04:21 PM)
Sure, Stafford Bingley Hall 11th November 1981.They did The Trees and added this semi instrumental keyboard thing called The Forest.My memory is a bit hazy as it was a long time ago.

Er, thats because it was subdivisons. They previewed/road tested it on the exit stage left tour of Britain 81!

I did say that my memory was hazy,but I don't remember it being introduced as Subdivisions. All I remember was that it was tagged onto the end of The Trees and vaguely remember it had the working title of The Forest.

QUOTE (tas7 @ Mar 30 2012, 04:21 PM)

Are you sure you even have the date right?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/1981/mu...y-13d1edf5.html

If they had to rerecord it, I'm sure it was due to conflicts with the previous record label! Now that said, if they had to rerecord it, I wonder if they were incline to tweek and change it here and there!

confused13.gif

Just heard "Headlong Flight!'(radio edit) I got to sit in with the label rep and program director of a certain rock radio station.

It's heavy! Reminded me of parts of Bastille Day. BTW, the production sounds much different than the Caravan and BU2B single releases (or S&A for that matter). It's crunchier and is more reminiscent of modern hard rock records. The originals would not fit in terms of production continuity with the new track.

Anticipation ensues...

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 29 2012, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 11 2011, 06:31 PM)
Good.  Maybe they completely re-wrote the lyrics to BU2B. yes.gif

tongue.gif

And added more lyrics to the Caravan chorus, because repeating that 1 line 50 times annoys the hell out of me. Sounds like they just wrote that 1 line then went and took their afternoon nap. Lazy!

i don't like the chorus either. that and the song as a whole doesn't do anything for me.

QUOTE (RollTheBiff @ Apr 2 2012, 02:04 PM)
Just heard "Headlong Flight!'(radio edit) I got to sit in with the label rep and program director of a certain rock radio station.

It's heavy! Reminded me of parts of Bastille Day. BTW, the production sounds much different than the Caravan and BU2B single releases (or S&A for that matter). It's crunchier and is more reminiscent of modern hard rock records. The originals would not fit in terms of production continuity with the new track.

Anticipation ensues...

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (RollTheBiff @ Apr 2 2012, 01:04 PM)

Anticipation ensues...

so now it sounds like parts of bastille day. laugh.gif the suspense keeps building. tongue.gif

Anticipation ensues...

Are you serious? If so did they cut out the solo for the radio edit? Do you like the new one better than Caravan and BU2B?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 2 2012, 12:48 PM)

It's heavy! Reminded me of parts of Bastille Day.  BTW, the production sounds much different than the Caravan and BU2B single releases (or S&A for that matter). It's crunchier and is more reminiscent of modern hard rock records. The originals would not fit in terms of production continuity with the new track.

Anticipation ensues...

so now it sounds like parts of bastille day. laugh.gif the suspense keeps building. tongue.gif

LMAO

So, let's see. It's like Bastille Day. It's like By-Tor. It's like 81-91 in a blender. It's like... didn't someone say '77 or thereabouts? The songwriting is like Presto.

Is that about it?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 2 2012, 02:08 PM)
Original Rush, yet modern, yet old, yet new, yet organic, yet metal, yet melodic, yet...

At least this time they didn't say........I think it's some of the best stuff we've ever done......not yet anyway. I guess wait til the interviews start to hit. tongue.gif

I also heard that there will be a Pre-order bundle for those that want a few extras

1 C.A c.d. with Scratch n Sniff cover [whiskey or weed scented]

1. Book of Neil's religious poetry

1. can of BU2B Beer

1. Letter of apology for S&A signed by the band

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 02:16 PM)
I also heard that there will be a Pre-order bundle for those that want a few extras
1. can of BU2B Beer

laugh.gif

don't forget the dozen $1 beer coupons redeemable at any rush concert beer stand. trink38.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 2 2012, 02:21 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 02:16 PM)
1 C.A c.d. with Scratch n Sniff cover  [whiskey or weed scented]
1. can of BU2B Beer

laugh.gif

don't forget the dozen $1 beer coupons redeemable at any rush concert beer stand. trink38.gif

If only trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 03:16 PM)
1. can of BU2B Beer

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif