Were Caravan And BU2B Re-Recorded?

presto123

Somebody at RIAB posted this :Caravan and BU2B were re-recorded for Clockwork Angels because of the new record label. I wonder if they'll sound much different..........

Did I miss something? That's the first I have heard they were redone. I hope they were because just the slightest variance in the studio can cause things to sound quite different plus maybe they will come out a little different than the versions we have heard so far.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's wild! I never would have thought of that! Roadrunner Records made the band re-record the two songs for the new album?

Wow! I guess it actually makes sense. I wonder if these two epic songs are actually new and improved?

Time will tell!

On that note, I am sure the album cover will have nothing to do with the artwork on that 2 track ep.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 10 2011, 02:08 AM)
That's wild! I never would have thought of that! Roadrunner Records made the band re-record the two songs for the new album?

Wow! I guess it actually makes sense. I wonder if these two epic songs are actually new and improved?

Time will tell!

On that note, I am sure the album cover will have nothing to do with the artwork on that 2 track ep.

It's gonna have a new name too Chocolate Orange and have a picture of an orange dipped in shit on the cover. Inside is a picture of Peart licking the shit off it. On the back is a picture of the band dressed in Clockwork Orange outfits raping blow-up dolls dressed like the Pope...

cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 10 2011, 12:14 AM)
That's wild!  I never would have thought of that!  Roadrunner Records made the band re-record the two songs for the new album?

Wow!  I guess it actually makes sense.  I wonder if these two epic songs are actually new and improved?

Time will tell!

It's gonna have a new name too Chocolate Orange and have a picture of an orange dipped in shit on the cover. Inside is a picture of Peart licking the shit off it. On the back is a picture of the band dressed in Clockwork Orange outfits raping blow-up dolls dressed like the Pope...

cool10.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I almost spit my Stella all over the screen Pat!!

Classic! I fukking hate that Chocolate Orange ball wrapped up in tin foil.

Pure garbage!

I am sure many on here will think that the new Rush record will be garbage too!

I've known you for years Pat, and this is an epic post.

Not sure what everyone else will think but who gives an orange chocolate shit!

Spare me some cutter me brutha?

When is the new GHOST album getting released?

I hear that Alex is going to lay down a guitar solo on one of the new songs.

QUOTE (Shreddy Lee @ Dec 10 2011, 02:36 AM)
I don't know, I really love the two songs as they are. Although I guess it's no big deal, if they are re-recorded and I don't like the changes, I can just keep the original versions instead.

If they are I don't think they will be much different.

I had a feeling this might happen, considering that both songs have evolved throughout the recent tour. Maybe a bit extended in the middle? I don't think Roadrunner would tell them to re-record something, as they're probably giving the guys a lot of room to work.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 10 2011, 02:14 AM)
That's wild!  I never would have thought of that!  Roadrunner Records made the band re-record the two songs for the new album?

Wow!  I guess it actually makes sense.  I wonder if these two epic songs are actually new and improved?

Time will tell!

cool10.gif

...that's too wild. Only because I spent about $200 last week for a gang of hookers to do the same thing! 1022.gif

This is not unheard for a Label to do this, if it's true Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 11 2011, 10:39 AM)
This is not unheard for a Label to do this, if it's true

It would not surprise me if it was something label-related. Considering when they first released the songs they were with Atlantic, perhaps Atlantic would not have liked those two recordings being featured on a Roadrunner release.

This has happened before back in 1995 when Styx ended up having to re-record Lady to use it on their greatest hits album.

QUOTE (quantex @ Dec 11 2011, 12:14 PM)
Doesn't Roadrunner Records have some relationship to Geddy's brother Allan? Therefore the two songs will be the same. They will not change do to pressure.

Of course they do. Everyone makes compromises and nobody goes through life calling every shot and being in complete control over every situation.

If another label owns the recordings of those two songs, they may well need to re-record them for legal reasons. We'll see what happens in the next few months because this is all speculation anyway.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Dec 11 2011, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (quantex @ Dec 11 2011, 12:14 PM)
Doesn't Roadrunner Records have some relationship to Geddy's brother Allan?  Therefore the two songs will be the same.  They will not change do to pressure.

Of course they do. Everyone makes compromises and nobody goes through life calling every shot and being in complete control over every situation.

If another label owns the recordings of those two songs, they may well need to re-record them for legal reasons. We'll see what happens in the next few months because this is all speculation anyway.

Like I said they should re-record them anyway for continuity because the smallest variable in the studio can change how sonically everything goes down. Even a different room can change the drum sound dramatically.

I can't say one way or another if I would like the new versions better or not...who can without hearing them? Only a fool could judge right now...Only a fool.

Not a rare occurrence. I can think of a couple of similar instances.

Capitol wouldn't let Columbia have Pink Floyd's 'Money' (1973 version) for the best-of compilation, "A Great Collection Of Dance Songs." David Gilmour re-recorded the song by himself with a drum machine and a sax player.

A similar situation happened with Megadeth. Contractually, they had to release one more record with Capitol - This ended up being a greatest hits aptly titled, 'Capitol Punishment' with 2 new tracks. The second new track 'Dread and The Fugitive Mind' had to be re-recorded in order to appear on their new studio album, "The World Needs a Hero" - A Sanctuary release

In the latter case, the time span was short and recording setup, the same. The tracks sound just about identical. My guess would be the same for Rush.

Perhaps the studios are rented out and not assigned to specific labels. If the band wanted the same studio, I'm sure Roadrunner would've sprung for it.

Has the recording studio been mentioned?

Edited by RollTheBiff