When did you join and how did you find out?

Godot

For me, it was after the Rain Date cancellation on Rush's show in July '10 over in Chicago. I had heard from a comment on a post of Rush's on facebook that somebody was suing (yes, that Chris guy)

I decided to check it out, and lo and behold I was brought both here, and Counterparts. I have to say, counterparts had a LOT of entertaining bashings on this guy, but needless to say, I became intrigued with The Rush Forum

How about you guys?

Wanting to keep up to date with rumors and news about the band, I was on the forum at rush.com (which was discontinued). I did an internet search for "rush message boards" and stumbled upon this place.

I have enjoyed the ride ever since.

I was in serious need of another Rush concert, and anxiously awaiting the 2011 leg of the TM tour. I had been to my second concert in 2010, and was reading up on Rush news on the rushisaband site. Someone mentioned this site, so I thought I'd check it out. Now have 2 places to connect with other Rush fans!

GeddyFinal.gif

I was trying to find an early leak for BU2B/Caravan singles. Google popped up with a TRF search result for leaked lyrics to caravan. I had to sign up to view the thread so I did, only to find out that it was obviously fake (it was about a dodge caravan). I posted a few times and then forgot about the site until they announced the second leg and the tickets went on sale for Montreal. That's when I became an active poster.

I was actually looking for an REO Speedwagon forum (and I did not find one sadly) when I got to thinking, "Hey, I wonder if there's a forum for RUSH fans?" So I just did a Google search and, voila, here I came.

And that was about a year and a month ago. (:

Back in the ancient days of last month, I was searching for some Rush info or interviews on the web and came upon this place. I read through a bunch of threads, liked a lot of the discussions, and decided to sign up.

That's my fascinating story.

Edited by Cyclonus X-1

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Dec 5 2011, 11:25 AM)
I was trying to find an early leak for BU2B/Caravan singles. Google popped up with a TRF search result for leaked lyrics to caravan. I had to sign up to view the thread so I did, only to find out that it was obviously fake (it was about a dodge caravan). I posted a few times and then forgot about the site until they announced the second leg and the tickets went on sale for Montreal. That's when I became an active poster.

z7shysterical.gif

Edited by Litehawk

I was lurking around here for years but joined once I saw my beloved Rushtour.com was falling apart on the dawn of the Time Machine Tour announcement.

Great forum here and glad I found you all.

I also post over at Counterparts. Totally different vibe and i enjoy some peeps over there as well.

Edited by Todem

Well, it's a long story but, in a nutshell, I was abducted by aliens a while back. Once inside their spaceship, the scaly little buggers started attaching electrodes to my head, so I decided to pass the time by making polite conversation (like you do).

The first thing that came to mind was to ask them what kind of music they were into back home (Antares III as I recall) and, to my astonishment, one of the lizardy little things clicked its mandibles and said: 'We are into Rush, big-time'. It then looked at me with all three of its eyes and continued: 'Do you know that your Internet system has an excellent forum concerning the band? It's the reason why we are here. We picked up some Internet traffic that leaked from a communications satellite, and which contained some forum-posts, and this prompted us to pay you guys a visit because we want to get front-row tickets for the next gig'.

In the light of this, I looked up the forum when I got back home, and have been a happy member ever since.

Speaking seriously, I joined on the 9th of June in 2009. I lurked around here for over a year previously, having discovered the forum through Googling all things Rush one afternoon when I was bored with work. I have never been abducted by aliens; well, not that I remember. AlienSmiley.gif

Found an old board named trinet and was a member there. It went belly up and MiTA (a member here but more active on CP) gave me the heads up about this board. I am a member at CP but rarely go there. This is the shit.

I joined at the start of 2010 primarily because someone on here had the audio of the missing songs from the R30 BluRay and at the time, I didn't have a BluRay player or rather PS3, so I figured why not you know? Plus I couldn't stand not hearing those cut tracks anymore, so I eventually gave in and joined. When I did get the R30 BluRay tracks from the guy, I was a bit weirded out by the fact La Villa sounded almost exactly how I thought it would sound on R30.

Actually, I joined TRF and also Counterparts the same day and the same exact time, but I think my account here got through quicker than my Counterparts one so I decided to stick to TRF instead since this was the one I go on most often. Plus, this was more easier to remember out of the two for many reasons. Prior, I had been lurking around here from time to time for...at least 2 years, maybe even less.

And I think choosing this over Counterparts really paid off cause I enjoy this place and the people a lot. Two thumbs up! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I was getting more and more into Rush and wanted to find a forum about the band. Upon searching I resulted in pretty much just here and Counterparts. Knowing nothing about either, I did some looking around to see what kind of place each was, and fairly quickly chose this place. Judging from what I always hear around here about CP's reputation, I chose correctly.

I think a few years ago I was looking up info on Rush and stumbled across the Counterparts Forum. It was cool for a while but I got tired of some of the a-holes on there. I heard about The Rush Forum from there and that was that. Edited by Bastille Dave

I joined b/c i wanted to find out about the Rush sectors box sets.....i have the 97 remasters and i wanted to find out if the new remasters were worth buying.

So far it seems like a good idea to buy from what i have read on here.

Also does the 24 gold karat recording of RTB match up to the 5.1 dvd in the box sets.