DEEP PURPLE 2012

MMCXII

1022.gif Edonton 21/12 1022.gif

carry on... smile.gif

Awesome! Look forward to reading the review.

QUOTE (Wartypig @ Dec 4 2011, 12:34 AM)
Photographed them with the orchestra the other night and they were outstanding ..

Orchestra?? they're coming with an orchestra? that'll be cool!

anyone seen them in recent years? Gillan's voice holding up? what's Steve Morse Like?

Ian Paice!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 4 2011, 01:45 PM)
Photographed them with the orchestra the other night and they were outstanding ..

anyone seen them in recent years? Gillan's voice holding up? what's Steve Morse Like?

Gillans voice isn't what it used to be , but the show was amazing...Never known anything so loud in the pit apart from Airbourne....Not sure if the tour will feature an orchestre , but this'll give you an idea of how they sound with one

Highway Star

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 4 2011, 08:45 AM)

I saw them earlier this year and they were excellent. 1022.gif Gillan struggled a little but he did a good job. Steve Morse was amazing. He nailed all of Blackmore's parts without sounding like he was copying him. They had an orchestra but they didn't take anything away or add to the show.

QUOTE (Wartypig @ Dec 4 2011, 12:27 PM)

Gillans voice isn't what it used to be , but the show was amazing...Never known anything so loud in the pit apart from Airbourne....Not sure if the tour will feature an orchestre , but this'll give you an idea of how they sound with one

Highway Star

wow he's got no voice left!

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 4 2011, 08:08 PM)

Highway Star

I know!!! That's part of the reason why I think they should call it quits. He just can't handle it anymore. It's really sad to see him struggling so much on stage, and I ask myself: does he REALLY need to be there? Is he THAT desperate for cash? I don't think so. That kind of stuff makes me admire Robert Plant even more, for deciding not to reunite Led Zeppelin.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Dec 5 2011, 06:19 AM)

Highway Star

I know!!! That's part of the reason why I think they should call it quits. He just can't handle it anymore. It's really sad to see him struggling so much on stage, and I ask myself: does he REALLY need to be there? Is he THAT desperate for cash? I don't think so. That kind of stuff makes me admire Robert Plant even more, for deciding not to reunite Led Zeppelin.

No. Purple won't be Purple without Ian Gillan. If he quits, that moron Coverdale will want to join. Just watch.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Dec 8 2011, 05:03 AM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Dec 5 2011, 06:19 AM)

Highway Star

No. Purple won't be Purple without Ian Gillan. If he quits, that moron Coverdale will want to join. Just watch.

What I meant is that the whole band should call it quits, not just Gillan. Who wants to listen to Smoke on the Water, Highway Star and Perfect Strangers for the 4563346234565629879324th time?

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Dec 8 2011, 08:55 AM)
Who wants to listen to Smoke on the Water, Highway Star and Perfect Strangers for the 4563346234565629879324th time?

Me! smile.gif Never get tired of them. Besides, there is so much music in Purple's catalog that they could do tons of tunes not done in years like Never Before and Rat Bat Blue.

Love the whole band. Morse keeps them fresh!

been a purple fan for 40 years ,however i decided to give the recent manchester show a wide berth because i prefer to remember how absolutely brilliant they were (mk2) yes.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Dec 8 2011, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Dec 8 2011, 08:55 AM)
Who wants to listen to Smoke on the Water, Highway Star and Perfect Strangers for the 4563346234565629879324th time?

Me! smile.gif Never get tired of them. Besides, there is so much music in Purple's catalog that they could do tons of tunes not done in years like Never Before and Rat Bat Blue.

Love the whole band. Morse keeps them fresh!

goodpost.gif

I was going to say I saw their first show this year, but now I think about it, it was actually the 2010 tour. It was fantastic. Can't wait to watch the new DVD. I would never miss a chance to hear any of these classic songs, especially with Morse carving it up. He is my fav guitarist though, so I may be a bit biased.

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/shiftydog/5.jpg

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/shiftydog/3.jpg

http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu223/shiftydog/2.jpg