Best RUSH song to make an entrance?

Presto-a RUSH fan!

Quick question before I answer:

Do you need permission by the band to play a song if you were an Ultimate Fighter, Boxer or like they do when Baseball players come up to bat? I know you would need it for a political campaign, we found that out with Rand Paul. But for like a UFC fighter making an entrance for a fight, does anyone know if the UFC has to get those songs cleared or the fighter or is it allowed for a one time deal like that?

That said, If I was ever in that position to come out for a fight there is nothing that would get me more pumped than hearing the beginning of Tom Sawyer. Plus the words fit as well. You'd think as a "seasoned" and "passionate" and "true" fan such as myself old.gif that I'd come up with a less popular song, but something about the beginning of Tom Sawyer, especially in a setting like that, walking out with the lights out and then bam...."A modern-day warrior, Mean mean stride..."!!!! I keep waiting for someone to do it! Has anyone heard someone use it in that way?

What would you pick?

I think I might pick Limelight. Very catchy opening riff. A perfect song for a 10-15 second snippet.

Sorry, I don't have the answer to your question in regards to permissions.

easy: One Little Victory

second choice: 2112

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Dec 1 2011, 11:53 AM)

Do you need permission by the band to play a song if you were an Ultimate Fighter, Boxer or like they do when Baseball players come up to bat? I know you would need it for a political campaign, we found that out with Rand Paul. But for like a UFC fighter making an entrance for a fight, does anyone know if the UFC has to get those songs cleared or the fighter or is it allowed for a one time deal like that?

That said, If I was ever in that position to come out for a fight there is nothing that would get me more pumped than hearing the beginning of Tom Sawyer. Plus the words fit as well. You'd think as a "seasoned" and "passionate" and "true" fan such as myself old.gif that I'd come up with a less popular song, but something about the beginning of Tom Sawyer, especially in a setting like that, walking out with the lights out and then bam...."A modern-day warrior, Mean mean stride..."!!!! I keep waiting for someone to do it! Has anyone heard someone use it in that way?

What would you pick?

Tom Sawyer had been used by popular pro wrestler Kerry Von Erich in the early 80s. At the time, his nickname was "the Modern Day Warrior." The dude was thick for a wrestler back then.

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Nov 30 2011, 07:53 PM)

What would you pick?

"The Camera Eye Of The Tiger!" tongue.gif

laugh.gif

For boxing--Kid Gloves

For Baseball--The Analog Kid or Limelight

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 1 2011, 03:52 PM)

Do you need permission by the band to play a song if you were an Ultimate Fighter, Boxer or like they do when Baseball players come up to bat?  I know you would need it for a political campaign, we found that out with Rand Paul.  But for like a UFC fighter making an entrance for a fight, does anyone know if the UFC has to get those songs cleared or the fighter or is it allowed for a one time deal like that?

That said, If I was ever in that position to come out for a fight there is nothing that would get me more pumped than hearing the beginning of Tom Sawyer.  Plus the words fit as well.  You'd think as a "seasoned" and "passionate" and "true" fan such as myself old.gif that I'd come up with a less popular song, but something about the beginning of Tom Sawyer, especially in a setting like that, walking out with the lights out and then bam...."A modern-day warrior, Mean mean stride..."!!!!  I keep waiting for someone to do it!  Has anyone heard someone use it in that way?

What would you pick?

laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure Lifeson can knock out Clubberlang yes.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Dec 1 2011, 01:52 AM)

Do you need permission by the band to play a song if you were an Ultimate Fighter, Boxer or like they do when Baseball players come up to bat?  I know you would need it for a political campaign, we found that out with Rand Paul.  But for like a UFC fighter making an entrance for a fight, does anyone know if the UFC has to get those songs cleared or the fighter or is it allowed for a one time deal like that?

That said, If I was ever in that position to come out for a fight there is nothing that would get me more pumped than hearing the beginning of Tom Sawyer.  Plus the words fit as well.  You'd think as a "seasoned" and "passionate" and "true" fan such as myself old.gif that I'd come up with a less popular song, but something about the beginning of Tom Sawyer, especially in a setting like that, walking out with the lights out and then bam...."A modern-day warrior, Mean mean stride..."!!!!  I keep waiting for someone to do it!  Has anyone heard someone use it in that way?

What would you pick?

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif