43 members have voted

1. 1. Does your avatar define you?

• Yes, I'm recognized by my avatar
    • No, I change my avatar more often then my underwear

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh, speaking of which, I need to change my avatar. tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

No, I don't change it as often as my underwear (okay, ew) but I love changing it. However, I would go so far as to say that people to recognize the little blonde-haired girl with the glasses (aka a representation of yours truly) who's usually the center of the avatar. So I'd say that I am recognized by my avatar but only perhaps because it DOES change so often.

I dunno...mine is pretty ridiculous.

I joined in 2007, and have used the same one from the beginning. When I joined, I decided to look for some picture relating to "Power Windows", in order to go with the name 'Emotion Detector'.

I've been thinking of changing it though...I imagine I can do better. lol

I've only had three, so I'm pretty recognizable for them. The first was the black cat in a porthole from Rush's Time Machine 2010 tour (I used to think it was during Witch Hunt, but someone said something to make me think it was actually one of the other Moving Pics songs). I used it because I have two black cats, and was thrilled when Rush had one in their show.

The one I have up now I use during the holidays. It's The Grinch (who I love) on a pair of sneakers like Geddy Lee (who I also love, haha) often wears.

The third is my Marathon road sign avatar. It's my fave Rush song, and my boyfriend took it when we were on our way to the show in Hershey this past spring.

My sig I change more often, and it's almost always a picture I took (with the exception of the boys' birthday pics and a few others).

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Nov 30 2011, 12:39 AM)
I can never find something that sums it up just right. I'm guilty of being a changer. I like rolling with this bee during fantasy football season, as it's my (pitiful) fantasy football team's logo...

I liked the one before this one. Just sayin'. confused13.gif

(Side note: I like this signature. |D It brings me happiness.)

I think it's fun to change things up once in a while. However, for the sake of your fellow members, if it's something that recurs in each new design that helps them recognize you. tongue.gif I get a little confused when people change their avatars 'cause I learn that just as much as the usernames. Of course that's hypocritical on my part... but I do keep "CHRISTINE" off to the right-hand side of each avatar.

I am constantly changing. I am defined by my even tempered kindness towards others and my deductive reasoning. I am a serious person and people respect that about me. Humor has its place in life but I prefer to to save it for times when its appropriate as to keep it special.

I picked a serious user name so no one misinterprets me as something I am not.

I don't need little smilie faces to end my posts and would not want to be defined by one.

atickhum.gif

Every once in awhile I get ambitious and think I can do a better one - sometimes I'm successful and I change it, other times I'm not and I leave it as is - it's only interesting to me if it's something I can create (or take an image and manipulate it) in photoshop. It's hard to create an image that looks good at 100 X 100 pixels. I think I'm keeping mine for awhile. It's trippy and unique.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 30 2011, 09:49 AM)
Every once in awhile I get ambitious and think I can do a better one - sometimes I'm successful and I change it, other times I'm not and I leave it as is - it's only interesting to me if it's something I can create (or take an image and manipulate it) in photoshop. It's hard to create an image that looks good at 100 X 100 pixels. I think I'm keeping mine for awhile. It's trippy and unique.

Haha...you are definitely defined by yours.

I dont know if it defines me, but I've had it for awhile now, and anytime I think I might like to change it I think..."nah, I like that pic" Always have.

It might define how I define RUSH in my heart...that image, that era...I think that might be what keeps me drawn to it.

*edited to say...HEY! I GOT A TITLE!!!!!!! THANKS JIM! I love it, its perfect. THAT defines me. smile.gif

Edited by Queen of Megadon

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Nov 30 2011, 09:02 AM)
I dont know if it defines me, but I've had it for awhile now, and anytime I think I might like to change it I think..."nah, I like that pic" Always have.

It might define how I define RUSH in my heart...that image, that era...I think that might be what keeps me drawn to it.

*edited to say...HEY! I GOT A TITLE!!!!!!! THANKS JIM! I love it, its perfect. THAT defines me. smile.gif

Great title.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Nov 30 2011, 12:37 PM)
I've always changed mine based on my mood and interests at the time. When something piques my interest more than Ponies, Twilight Sparkle will go away. laugh.gif

Do you need some help with that?

smile.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Nov 30 2011, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Nov 30 2011, 12:37 PM)
I've always changed mine based on my mood and interests at the time. When something piques my interest more than Ponies, Twilight Sparkle will go away. laugh.gif

Do you need some help with that?

smile.gif

applaudit.gif

Edited by Lost In Xanadu