Holiday Decorations, Trees, etc.

LakesideMaiden

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/383311_10150404281794139_682489138_8550556_1857901895_n.jpg

The front of our townhouse; 2011.

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Nov 27 2011, 11:54 PM)
I'm born jewish, decidedly atheist, and wishingly christian for this ornament

http://www.shopko.com/items/shopko/images/large/24251_0000.jpg

A pink Bambi? wink.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 27 2011, 08:43 PM)
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/383311_10150404281794139_682489138_8550556_1857901895_n.jpg

The front of our townhouse; 2011.

I like it!

I spent the better part of the day decorating. I have a good portion done. We don't decorate the outside, only the inside. I still have a ways to go though. Pics to come soon.

We'll pick the tree up next weekend.

QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Nov 28 2011, 10:27 AM)
It's too early for xmas!! fists crying.gif
Well, by my standards anyway. cool.gif

ohmy.gif Tell me about it, Beth! Last week, I spotted Christmas trees and flashy lights in several houses!

(And Easter eggs in one local store...) ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 27 2011, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (Litehawk @ Nov 27 2011, 11:54 PM)
I'm born jewish, decidedly atheist, and wishingly christian for this ornament

http://www.shopko.com/items/shopko/images/large/24251_0000.jpg

A pink Bambi? wink.gif

No! Pinkie Pie

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 28 2011, 06:46 AM)
It's too early for xmas!!  fists crying.gif
Well, by my standards anyway.  cool.gif

ohmy.gif Tell me about it, Beth! Last week, I spotted Christmas trees and flashy lights in several houses!

I know, theres loads of houses around here with the xmas stuff up. unsure.gif

And easter eggs??!? eh.gif Good lord.

I got the outside decorations up. On the house we have icicle lights around the gutters, and a big wreath with a green spot light illuminating it. In the front yard, a lighted tree surrounded by a lit Santa, lighted presents and lighted snowmen that move. New this year: The pine tree in the back yard is now big enough, and I put 10 strands of lights on it to look like a Christmas tree. Also added some lighted lollipops that change color to border the sidewalk.

I will try and post a picture sometime. smile.gif

I started decorating inside Friday and by 4pm I was almost done and decided I needed to get the tree so I could work on it Friday night. Got the tree and stopped decorating at midnight. Spent about 4 hours Saturday finishing up. It takes a LONG time because my ornaments are all almost blown glass and I have to unwrap them from bubble wrap and then I'm anal and have sections on my tree for the various ornaments. All the snowmen together, the santas together etc.

I'll try to figure out how to post a pic later today.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 28 2011, 10:05 AM)

I started decorating inside Friday and by 4pm I was almost done and decided I needed to get the tree so I could work on it Friday night. Got the tree and stopped decorating at midnight. Spent about 4 hours Saturday finishing up. It takes a LONG time because my ornaments are all almost blown glass and I have to unwrap them from bubble wrap and then I'm anal and have sections on my tree for the various ornaments. All the snowmen together, the santas together etc.
I'll try to figure out how to post a pic later today.

This year, because of a very curious 2-year-old, a hyper 5-year-old and a new kitty, I'm not putting up my good ornaments. I picked up a huge tub of red ball ornaments and large white lights. Most of my "good" ornaments are really just ones that have been in the family for years. I would hate for anything to happen to them.

Well...it's only our second Christmas in our house. Last year, we went all out and purchased tons of Christmas decorations. Outdoor lights, tree lights, tree skirts, tons of ornaments, holly for our railings, etc. Needless to say...lots of money spent! So, this year, we hopefully won't be spending nearly as much. So far, we have bought a few minor additions.

On the outside, in addition to the roof lights, we purchased a green and red light bulb this year...one for each side of the porch. Looks cool and was really cheap. We are still debating whether to decorate the columns...

On the inside, we already set up the holly on our railings and have put up a few wreaths as well. We are once again putting up two trees. My wife always had an artificial tree, so we set that one up in our basement, and then we get a real tree and set it up on the main floor.

One of my roommates brought lights, a tiny little tree (like literally no more than two feet tall), garland, decorations... the whole shebang. I must admit that our dorm now looks very festive but now I feel bad 'cause all I brought was 9 feet of garland. laugh.gif

Anyone have a favourite ornament? This one's mine:

http://www.ornament-shop.com/pic/96/qxi5544.jpg

I also have a couple of Kirk ornaments but this I've always loved the above one. (:

This one would make happies, too:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa416/Writergirl2112/stargate_ornament-1.jpg

biggrin.gif I might have to look for that one!

(I'm a BIG ornaments fan. yes.gif)

QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Nov 28 2011, 12:28 PM)
Just thought i'd post that there's a house near my friend's street which is completely plastered in cheesy light up xmas decorations on the front of the house and standing decorations all over the front lawn.

It looks so tacky.. unsure.gif
Don't over do it!! tongue.gif

There's a house like that down the street from me. They've used the same plastic things for so long that they're faded and it looks horrible.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Nov 28 2011, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (BethOfSyrinx @ Nov 28 2011, 12:28 PM)
Just thought i'd post that there's a house near my friend's street which is completely plastered in cheesy light up xmas decorations on the front of the house and standing decorations all over the front lawn.

It looks so tacky..  unsure.gif
Don't over do it!! tongue.gif

There's a house like that down the street from me. They've used the same plastic things for so long that they're faded and it looks horrible.

I agree!

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 28 2011, 12:46 PM)
It's too early for xmas!!  fists crying.gif
Well, by my standards anyway.  cool.gif

Our decorations are going up Friday, earlier than normal cause im not gonna get to put them up otherwise, although I always insist on having them up before my birthday (18 Dec). We have a little tree and lights and tinsel. I'll try and get a pic or two up when Im done.

Seriously? EASTER EGGS??? wtf.gif

Lights were strung on the house and a bush a couple of weekends ago, when it was mild (my new strategy). They were set to 'dusk to dawn' on the timer and powered up on black friday, right on schedule. Inside doesn't start until december.