Dream of a Nickelback-free life?

furie

Nickelback's stage leads to a game delay before third quarter

By Dan Hanzus NFL.com

Let's just go ahead and call Ford Field's halftime show on Thanksgiving less than inspired.

It started with post-grunge rock outfit Nickelback getting booed during their introduction, playing one mid-tempo ballad, then hitting the road like they had to catch a flight back to Canada.

Chad Kroeger and Co. were long gone by the time players from the Packers and Lions returned to the field. The same could not be said about Nickelback's stage, which got stuck in transport, delaying the start of the third quarter.

Fox gave viewers one last look of the partly disassembled stage near the end zone tunnel, lingering in the public's consciousness like that one Nickelback song about Spider-Man.

When you factor in the halftime issues, Lauren Alaina's awkward pause during the national anthem, and the home team's uninspiring performance against the defending champs, we think Lions fans might have a case for a refund.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 25 2011, 03:09 AM)
Nickelback's stage leads to a game delay before third quarter
By Dan Hanzus NFL.com

Let's just go ahead and call Ford Field's halftime show on Thanksgiving less than inspired.

It started with post-grunge rock outfit Nickelback getting booed during their introduction, playing one mid-tempo ballad, then hitting the road like they had to catch a flight back to Canada.

Chad Kroeger and Co. were long gone by the time players from the Packers and Lions returned to the field. The same could not be said about Nickelback's stage, which got stuck in transport, delaying the start of the third quarter.

Fox gave viewers one last look of the partly disassembled stage near the end zone tunnel, lingering in the public's consciousness like that one Nickelback song about Spider-Man.

When you factor in the halftime issues, Lauren Alaina's awkward pause during the national anthem, and the home team's uninspiring performance against the defending champs, we think Lions fans might have a case for a refund.

rofl3.gif

While I don't intend on buying their new album, I like Nickelback for their earlier stuff. That was before they kept rehashing the same songs both instrumentally and musically.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Nov 26 2011, 04:10 AM)
this thing with Nickelback is getting out of hand. Yes, they are not good, but is not like they are killing people with their awfull music.

I can remember when the backlash went against Hootie and the Blowfish and then Creed. This seems worse though.

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Nov 26 2011, 02:10 AM)
but is not like they are killing people with their awfull music.

are you sure? can you prove this? wink.gif

QUOTE (rotting @ Nov 26 2011, 09:48 AM)
unlistenable - unrewarding - unimaginably awful

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Akron162 @ Nov 26 2011, 03:10 AM)
this thing with Nickelback is getting out of hand. Yes, they are not good, but is not like they are killing people with their awfull music.

Yes, yes they are

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Nov 27 2011, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Nov 26 2011, 03:10 AM)

Nickelback kills puppies. Small ones.

Cockroaches thrive on Nickelback music.

Kinda stupid. I mean, really, even if you hate the music, a plug-in won't stop you from hearing Nickelback on the radio or anywhere else for that matter. To eliminate a word because of its association to crappy music?

That's actually more lame than liking crappy bands. That's going the extra mile to justify yourself to yourself. It's odd.

Oh well. Enjoy.

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Nov 27 2011, 05:26 PM)
Kinda stupid. I mean, really, even if you hate the music, a plug-in won't stop you from hearing Nickelback on the radio or anywhere else for that matter. To eliminate a word because of its association to crappy music?

That's actually more lame than liking crappy bands. That's going the extra mile to justify yourself to yourself. It's odd.

Oh well. Enjoy.

Not to mention loading your browser up with pointless add-ons and extensions makes it slower and more prone to lock-ups & crashes.

Pickleback is part of the musical bowel movement that is killing all genres of creative rock music.

Even their lame ass stage got stuck on the field in Detroit causing a delay.

Fukk Nickelcrap.

Give me some "Detroit Rock City" instead!!!

What ever happened to Motown?

Why would they hire an talentless robotic broken record band from Canada to do that show?

I am Nickelback Free Forever!

I'm Rushhead666, and I approve of this thread.

1287.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 25 2011, 08:25 PM)
While I don't intend on buying their new album, I like Nickelback for their earlier stuff. That was before they kept rehashing the same songs both instrumentally and musically.

Exactly this.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 25 2011, 03:09 AM)
Lauren Alaina's awkward pause during the national anthem

Huh? Awkward pause?? She plain forgot the lyrics... or did she?

This made my dad more upset than anything else that happened in the Packers game.

You think she did it on purpose? I think so. She was a second place finisher on one of those reality shows, and figured this is a way the people will not forget her. She joins a pretty awesome list too:

Roseanne Barr

Anita Baker

Christina Aguilera

Kat DeLuna

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Nov 26 2011, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (Akron162 @ Nov 26 2011, 02:10 AM)
but is not like they are killing people with their awfull music.

are you sure? can you prove this? wink.gif

I killed myself because of their music.