Taking Away All That Is Sacred

Tick

I don't blame retails like Walmart for doing the Black Friday sale. (Besides forcing people to work on Thanksgiving, unless it was voluntary for extra pay). I blame this sick culture we have. Where you'd trample an old woman to get $20 off on a TV. Any company that wouldn't capitalize on Black Friday are fools.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 25 2011, 11:51 AM)
Not only did I not participate in the early morning Black Friday shopping blitz, I slept until 10am. Suck it, retailers. I win.

applaudit.gif

The best sales are coming too. You'll find deals equally good, if not better the weeks leading up to Christmas.

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 25 2011, 05:12 AM)

We've been down this road several times in the past with people who can't resist being spelling and/or grammar police.  I have yet to see where it's been done with a good intent and I don't think you've broken any new ground here in that dept.

Grown man can't differentiate between your/you're and their/there/they're, how was that not helping?

Or are we pandering to TRF's resident manchild?

Edited by Can-Utility

QUOTE (Pags @ Nov 25 2011, 10:41 AM)
The funniest part is, most of these 'deals' that people will hurt each other over trying to get first aren't really deals at all. Many of these items are the same prices as they were two weeks ago before they were marked up 40% then slapped with a Black-Friday sale sticker for the same price it was in early November.

My uncle is a manager for a clothing store and he said there were practically no new "deals" this week. The stuff that was 50% off today was 75% off last month yet people still waited hours to get in.

facepalm.gif

Yeah Black Friday is dumb.

I used to get mad over it but now I realize that that's just the state of humanity these days....or rather, half of humanity.

Half of us are smarter and know not to get involved in something ridiculous like that.

The sales aren't really 'better' than standard sales.

It's truly a shame that people have to work on holidays but everything's all about raking in the profits nowadays.

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Also a shame that half the people are so shallow and materialistic and waiting hours, wasting time in their lives they'll never get back....all just to get a big-screen TV. Something that people in many foreign countries will never have.

Being with family and enjoying the company of those who care about you (friends, too) is what the holidays should be about, imo.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Nov 26 2011, 02:18 AM)
rofl3.gif

You're a good guy, Fledge, but you have a habit of following the guys who end up with wearing the dunce caps; guys who seem to define success as "going out with a bang." That's fine, if that's what you're into. I just find it curious.

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Nov 26 2011, 03:34 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 26 2011, 12:31 AM)
QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Nov 26 2011, 01:03 AM)
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5214/propellerbeanie.jpg

You're such a hero! The world needs more internet warriors! At least you have Fledge cheering you on. ONLY Fledge, but I guess that's enough for you.

Thanks cool.gif

Nice, you sneaked one last post in! Don't worry, 4chan will still have you. They'll take anybody.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Nov 26 2011, 05:34 PM)

You're such a hero! The world needs more internet warriors! At least you have Fledge cheering you on. ONLY Fledge, but I guess that's enough for you.

Thanks cool.gif

Sad. And you don't even realize why.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 26 2011, 03:42 AM)
QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Nov 26 2011, 05:34 PM)

Thanks cool.gif

Sad. And you don't even realize why.

Indeed.

He failed as Tidewater Surge, and he failed again as Can-Utility. The guy spent an unbelievable amount of time logged into this board, and this is how he chooses to spend that time. Says a lot about the guy, doesn't it?