I Love KISS!

rushgoober

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 1 2012, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 1 2012, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 1 2012, 09:58 AM)
New album in a few months!

Yeah it's called Monster, I've mentioned it about three times in thread but no one took me on...

confused13.gif

Oh I'm on top of it. biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 1 2012, 03:45 PM)
I'll be pleased if it's in the Sonic Boom vein. I quite liked that record.

Same here

I'm with ya here, Goobs. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/Avatars/ANIMI_KISS.gif was really my very first exposure to rock and roll as a young kid and I was a KISS freak!

I had my bedroom plastered with every available picture of them that I could find.

Peter was always an underrated drummer IMO.

QUOTE (goose @ Mar 7 2012, 02:06 AM)
You KISS fans should love this classic clip...

KISS in '74 on Mike Douglas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8InMOY1Gb1c

I have had this for a while, good stuff . Skinny Gene laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 7 2012, 09:39 AM)

Love the comments from the other guests! Shows how over the top KISS were for their time.

QUOTE (goose @ Mar 7 2012, 11:17 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 7 2012, 09:39 AM)

Love the comments from the other guests! Shows how over the top KISS were for their time.

Ya gotta love that "wouldn't it be funny if underneath he was just a nice Jewish boy!" She was right on the money, except maybe the part about being nice. tongue.gif

Classic clip - I've seen the interview many times, but the performance I'd only seen maybe once or twice before - very cool early Kiss before they'd really gotten the costumes all down. Who directed their preformance though? Man, with all those quick jump cuts, that person must have gone on to do MTV videos a few years later - kind of dizzying!

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 8 2012, 01:35 PM)
Tommy Thayer used to be in a KISS tribute band. Tommy Thayer is still in a KISS tribute band!

Bring back Ace for crissakes!

1287.gif

goodpost.gif But unless Tommy Quits or they get offered more money than God, he is not coming back

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 8 2012, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Mar 8 2012, 01:35 PM)
Tommy Thayer used to be in a KISS tribute band.  Tommy Thayer is still  in a KISS tribute band!

Bring back Ace for crissakes!

1287.gif

goodpost.gif But unless Tommy Quits or they get offered more money than God, he is not coming back

I know. sad.gif

Cue "The Way We Were" music.

I think Kiss is awesome. Just straight up, old fashioned rock and roll. Caught them at a show in 2010. I was on the lawn and got up when they came out. The people behind me were all sitting and yelling at me to sit down. Who sits at a Kiss concert? confused13.gif

I also got to see Ace in November at the HOB in Atlantic City. I waited 7 hours in line to get up front. I got rewarded with a pic, and my Dad got a fist bump from Ace! That was such a great show. He really dug out some classic/obscure Kiss tunes and it was so surreal watching that caliber of guitar playing up close. My ears were ringing for a week after that!

QUOTE (Echoes @ Mar 11 2012, 07:38 PM)
I think Kiss is awesome. Just straight up, old fashioned rock and roll. Caught them at a show in 2010. I was on the lawn and got up when they came out. The people behind me were all sitting and yelling at me to sit down. Who sits at a Kiss concert? confused13.gif

I also got to see Ace in November at the HOB in Atlantic City. I waited 7 hours in line to get up front. I got rewarded with a pic, and my Dad got a fist bump from Ace! That was such a great show. He really dug out some classic/obscure Kiss tunes and it was so surreal watching that caliber of guitar playing up close. My ears were ringing for a week after that!

That's awesome . icon_alienjig.gif