Time Machine DVD

Test4Eggo

Hey guys, I haven't been on here much over the past few months. (college keeps you busy!) wink.gif I guess I've just been wanting to come on here and talk since it's been so long. First off, I just want to say that I love the DVD. I've only been a fan of Rush since 2007ish when I was 15 or so. (I'm actually writing an essay on my "musical journey" in my English class right now and am having a good time reminiscing.) I believe I have an interesting angle on Rush, since I'm so young and had all of their music laid out for me from the beginning. When I first started listening to Rush, I was listening to everything, I didn't know the difference between albums, heck, I didn't know what an album was. Because of this, I was taking in Working Man, YYZ, and The Way The Wind Blows without and distinction between eras of production. (This is also because S&A Live was my first CD/album that I bought) So for me, when I began listening to Rush, I had an appreciation for all of their music, where as the "from the 70's" fans went through the new albums and many had "this is a new sound, I'm not sure if I like this" moments, (Which I can understand).

Anyway, with that being said, I feel I have a more open mind to their new music. In terms of the DVD, it brings back my feelings of when I first got into Rush. (Some of the older fans here, are probably laughing at me right now, that's understandable tongue.gif ). I really like the filming of the DVD, it's the best out of all the dvd's so far. The guys did a superb job with the show. (Time Machine was also my first time seeing the guys live.) Musically and visually amazing. I can't imagine someone not being happy that they played all of Moving Pictures. I really liked the sound of each's set-up. Geddy's bass sound on this tour is my favorite compared to the past few. And it's just a darn treat to see Alex playing the Little Phatty in Time Stands Still. Being a casual bass player, you bassist out there can't tell me you didn't love the extra kick at the end of Red Barchetta and Leave That Thing Alone. wub.gif Visually, loved the stage, Neil's set is BEAUTIFUL. And Geddy's and Alex's amps really pull together the feel for the program. And of course the videos were funny. smile.gif I've heard people complain about Geddy's vocals being bad and strained and whatnot. Of course they are gonna be more strained, he's getting older. I take it to heart that he is still pumping out fantastic vocals.

I guess that's my 2 cents, really more of a bucket of quarters... tongue.gif

One more thing before I'm done. Everyone of course love getting their Rush Shirts pointed out, and I am happy to say that I have become the "Rush" guy at the music school (KSU). There isn't a week that goes by without someone commenting on my Rush shirts. A friend even asked me to were a different one everyday of the week a month ago or so; I happily obliged. Lately I've been getting: "Why does it say RASH?". And I'm sure I'll get even more comments as soon as I add some Rush socks and shoelaces I'm planning on buying. laugh.gif

So that's my rant, and I think anyone on here should find it a good read.

I am a member of the 2.gif forum because they ROCK. 1022.gif

Welcome back! Time Machine was my first tour too...I've liked Rush as long as I can remember, and I'm almost 40, but for one reason or another, didn't get to a show until last year. Now, it's all I can think about doing! The movie and DVD sure are great ways to reminisce. I think Geddy's voice is fine enough - it's still the one that makes me feel the best, which is the bottom line for me. I sure hope the guys don't read all the harping on Geddy's voice and feel they should give up. Noooo!

I've got shirts, socks, and shoelaces too...wish I could wear the shirts to work, but they get plenty of time on weekends smile.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

Another young Rush fan, awesome! I'm also in college now, and I first heard Rush about 4 years ago, and I didn't become a big fan until probably 2 years ago. The Time Machine Tour was the first time I saw Rush (I saw them twice on the tour, including the "rain date" in 2010 in Chicago), and I thought that the shows were simply spectacular. I really liked their setlist, especially the second set (with possibly my favorite Rush song La Villa Strangiato). I don't understand how everyone can rip on Geddy's voice. I think he sounds great for how old he is, and it's amazing that he can still hit high notes like in Freewill.

I think the DVD did a great job of capturing how amazing this tour was. Not only did they show the band being awesome as they always are, they also got some of the show's humor into it, like the intro videos and Neil's solo video during Tom Sawyer, and they also did a great job capturing the audience. I can only think of two things that I wish could be changed about the DVD. First, I wish they added the I Love You Man video in (yeah I know it may have been some copyright issue or something). Second, I really wish they had made the crowd louder during 2112. That's the best part of a Rush show as a fan, and it's really hard to hear on the DVD. Other than that, I really love the DVD.

@Test4Eggo I was totally the Rush guy in my high school. My friends and other people would always comment on my shirts and stuff, it was great. I'm in the middle of finals now, and I've decided to only wear Rush shirts to my finals, hopefully they can give me a bit of good luck!

2.gif rules!

QUOTE (RUDT @ Dec 7 2011, 08:12 PM)
is anyone can tell me the first thing that Alex said to Neil during subdivision?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uq1M9Y6ZLk (1minute)

i am not a expert on reading lips, but here on a giant screen, it's pretty obvious, which is not a the link post here.

Looks like "Having Fun?".

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Dec 13 2011, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (RUDT @ Dec 7 2011, 08:12 PM)
is anyone can tell me the first thing that Alex said to Neil during subdivision?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Uq1M9Y6ZLk (1minute)

i am not a expert on reading lips, but here on a giant screen, it's pretty obvious, which is not a the link post here.

Looks like "Having Fun?".

looks like "halfway", on Blu-Ray, because it was the last song before the break, but one thing is sure they seems to have fun...

Alex is saying "last one" last song in the set

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 16 2011, 06:51 AM)
Alex is saying "last one" last song in the set

maybe he is saying that at some point, but at first, he says halfway

QUOTE (RUDT @ Dec 16 2011, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Dec 16 2011, 06:51 AM)
Alex is saying "last one"  last song in the set

maybe he is saying that at some point, but at first, he says halfway

Neil probably said "I gotta pee! "