04 - Best Song From 2112

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1275 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• A Passage to Bangkok
    • The Twilight Zone
    • Lessons
    • Tears
    • Something for Nothing

'Something For Nothing'. The most conservative song that Neil has ever written. Not saying that that was his intent, but that's what I get from it.

Ok, I went with Bangkok. Not just because I am a stoner either. This was a tough choice for me because I really like the production on Twilight Zone. 2112 is awesome, but I have heard it so many times that it has lost some luster for me personally. But I really identified with the theme of individuality in my teeenage years. This was probably my second Rush album purchase.

I had a tough choice between Twilightzone and A Passage, I went with Passage though becuse a lil bit on the wild side and I love the way it sounds.

Usually I'd say 2112, but right now it's Something for Nothing - It's almost an affirmation that the tyranny of the title track can be overthrown

"What you own is your own kingdom

What you do is your own glory

What you love is your own power

What you live is your own story"

2112 for me. I was a causal fan until I heard this tune & realized that it was a story...and the rest, as they say, is history...

Lessons comes a very close second for me:

I'll be there

When I teach what I've been taught

You'll be there

When you know what I know

I like lessons because I have learned many lessons and I will take my knowledge and use it to better America.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 3 2004, 01:51 AM)
like most of the folks here, 2112....it should be made into a movie! That's what i get from it ...much like Floyd's The Wall....

OH HELLS YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I've thought that for a wicked long time!!!!! Great minds think alike, huh? trink39.gif

I had to go with Something For Nothing. It's the best five minutes for me on this high class record, although of course I do like 2112 as much as the next fan... SFN just seemed so right the very first time I heard it, ending the record with such passion and life.

And the intro in particular is to die for!!

Edited by Proggy