04 - Best Song From 2112

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1275 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• A Passage to Bangkok
    • The Twilight Zone
    • Lessons
    • Tears
    • Something for Nothing

This was really really hard for me to pick. Its my favorite Rush cd if not my favorite cd of all time. Im not sure on that yet. But I went with 2112 purely because I love the overall epic story of that song. I love how Geddy, Alex, and Neil can make a 20 minute song a masterpiece. As of now 2112 is my favorite, I just love how it starts and how it ends. Even if the ending isn't very clear I like to go for the optimistic/hopeful ending.

I think the cd just rocks in general...you have four amazing songs on the album (in my opinion) that just will never get old (2112, Something For Nothing, Tears, Passage to Bangkok) and then two great songs (Lessons and Twilight Zone).

Something for Nothing and Tears just really speak to me. Tears because its one of the few love songs Rush recorded, but its amazing. It's not very long, but the song is beautiful!

Something for Nothing because I love the theme of the song, the lyrics are so good! It's so true, you have to work for what you get. You can't expect to get something if you don't do anything. Besides one of my favorite all time quotes is in the song...

"In your head is the answer

Let it Guide you along

Let your heart be the anchor

And the beat of your song"

I just love it! The metaphor of heart and anchor. Because anchor is like a stability point...like your heart. Its just awesome.

Despite all that, lol, I still chose 2112 because for nearly 22 minutes you get an amazing song, with amazing vocals, with an amazing story behind it!

I'm "Elevating from the norm" on this one & going with Lessons. Again, it showed their diversity in their writing capability.

Kind of a no brainer....

Something for nothing.

Lyrics are the reason, because every song musically is a winner on this album!

The guitar solo in Soliloquy is by far the most emotion filled, exhilarating sound I have ever heard in my life. So full of passion and fire. You can feel every note as the hair on your arms stands up.

I say 2112 but specifically, Soliloquy.

It's got to be 2112 no doubt about it, listening to this song was almost like a religious ritual for me back in the 80s. It's just special...

Special mention for something for Nothing and Passage to Bangkok, let's face it the whole album is great...

cool10.gif