04 - Best Song From 2112

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1275 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• A Passage to Bangkok
    • The Twilight Zone
    • Lessons
    • Tears
    • Something for Nothing

QUOTE (2112rush @ Jul 14 2011, 04:14 PM)
I would love to see Rush make one last 'epic' song along the same lines as 2112 or Cygnus X1 before they one day sadly retire for good. I chose 2112 although A Passage to Bangkok and Something for Nothing are great as well.

I believe the title track to Clockwork Angels is supposed to be something similar.

I chose 2112 because it is f***ing 2112.

2112!!! wink.gif What an incredible song!! As great as Something for Nothing is, 2112 simply blows it away. All of the other songs are excellent

but these 2 and esp 2112 - wow.

By the way, let me make this clear, IMO its not just The Overture & The Temples of Syrinx that make 2112 (although if that was the song it might still be the best song on the album), its the rest of the song. As incredible as those 1st 2 parts are, then to slow down into Discovery (I always get a vision of a slightly confused Ales turning a guitar around in hands and trying to figure out how to play it during this part of the song) then speed up into Presentation with a conversation going on within the song plus changes in speed within this portion of the song, then change the tempo again into the Oracle, then slow down into Soliloquy and then the ripping Finale - incredible genius is the best way to describe it. All of these changes take the song to another level that go way beyond the magnificent power of The Overture and Temples.

In my opinion the Oracle is a grossly overlooked portion of this song. It builds in power till Geddy lets lose with:

"Home to tear the Temples down"

"Home to change".

Awsome. Gee, get the feeling that I like this song? Think I made that clear.

QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Jan 2 2012, 09:51 PM)
2112!!! wink.gif What an incredible song!! As great as Something for Nothing is, 2112 simply blows it away. All of the other songs are excellent
but these 2 and esp 2112 - wow.

By the way, let me make this clear, IMO its not just The Overture & The Temples of Syrinx that make 2112 (although if that was the song it might still be the best song on the album), its the rest of the song. As incredible as those 1st 2 parts are, then to slow down into Discovery (I always get a vision of a slightly confused Ales turning a guitar around in hands and trying to figure out how to play it during this part of the song) then speed up into Presentation with a conversation going on within the song plus changes in speed within this portion of the song, then change the tempo again into the Oracle, then slow down into Soliloquy and then the ripping Finale - incredible genius is the best way to describe it. All of these changes take the song to another level that go way beyond the magnificent power of The Overture and Temples.

In my opinion the Oracle is a grossly overlooked portion of this song. It builds in power till Geddy lets lose with:

"Home to tear the Temples down"
"Home to change".

Awsome. Gee, get the feeling that I like this song? Think I made that clear.

My favorite part of 2112 is definitely Soliloquy. The guitar solo is soooooooooooo awesome!