04 - Best Song From 2112

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1275 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• A Passage to Bangkok
    • The Twilight Zone
    • Lessons
    • Tears
    • Something for Nothing

I guess it is all subjective, but everyone is reading this as "Their favorite song" , rather than "Best song"...I am guilty of this too for other albums. But....2112 is by far the best song, which I voted for. My favorite song right now is Tears. It was, and is an unlikely Rush song. It is quieter than most..relationship oriented..and it is a very lovely song...structured quite nicely.

QUOTE (faultline @ Sep 20 2004, 12:26 AM)
I guess it is all subjective, but everyone is reading this as "Their favorite song" , rather than "Best song"...I am guilty of this too for other albums. But....2112 is by far the best song, which I voted for. My favorite song right now is Tears. It was, and is an unlikely Rush song. It is quieter than most..relationship oriented..and it is a very lovely song...structured quite nicely.

I agree Faultline. Tears is an excellent song, one I have to be inthe right mood for. 2112 is of course an icon for RUsh fans though and also a great song.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 20 2004, 09:37 AM)
QUOTE (faultline @ Sep 20 2004, 12:26 AM)

I agree Faultline. Tears is an excellent song, one I have to be inthe right mood for. 2112 is of course an icon for RUsh fans though and also a great song.

I agree smile.gif While 2112 has always been my fav off this album, I've always loved Tears just as much (and so it makes it very hard to vote)...one of the first Rush songs I learned how to play on my guitar actually smile.gif

I know "2112" is the best song on this LP, but I voted for "Tears", because it is the only time Geddy played a Mellotron. I wish he used it more, if only for the next 2 LPs, "AFTK" and "Hemispheres". So epic.

This may shock some of you who know me ... then again ... probably not as I can't not be very unpredictable unlike most no one else ...

But I voted for tears .... RUSHs smooth jam. A quiet storm.

Something for Nothing is a close second. I agree with Captain Jack that it is the most conservative song ... It is Indica's favorite for sure.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Nov 13 2004, 07:19 PM)
This may shock some of you who know me ... then again ... probably not as I can't not be very unpredictable unlike most no one else ...

But I voted for tears .... RUSHs smooth jam. A quiet storm.

Something for Nothing is a close second. I agree with Captain Jack that it is the most conservative song ... It is Indica's favorite for sure.

THinking outside the box... I love Tears...