04 - Best Song From 2112

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1275 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• A Passage to Bangkok
    • The Twilight Zone
    • Lessons
    • Tears
    • Something for Nothing

I really like the whole album but tears and lessons, but other than that its great

2.gif Rocks

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Edited by defrushfan01

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 23 2004, 10:26 PM)
What do you think is the best song from this album?

scared.gif Now the great epic 2112 is incredible no doubt but....... Twighlight zone is picked because of the Rush made the song feel as if it was part of the show. the music is strange and spooky!

Every song on there is a beast, but 2112 totally takes the cake. Presentation (my favorite part) is an uplifting, ass kicking esperience every time with it's emotional bass line and guitar part and The Professor's lessons on drum fills, Overature is so unike and powerful, and Grand Finalie is a mind blowing spiral into an amazing conclusion. I could talk better with a fellow drummer on my favorite aspects of the song, but heres what I think for you all to hear.

If theres any drummers, contact me.

i guess i have to go with the crowd here and give the award to the 2112 suite - it's somewhat of an unfair comparison since it really is more a suite of songs than just 1 long song, but it's power is truly amazing. if we were going for something shorter, i would have to say that overture is one of the most powerful things they ever did, but a passage to bangkok is undoubtedly also a classic, and cleverly disguised enough that parents at the time surely didn't know what it was really about...

Guest Xourque

Yeah, Anthem is a great awesome book. And yes, 2112 has some awesome intrumentals in it. But do not forget Something For Nothing! Being a youth, I can appreciate the lyrical aspects of this song. Recently, I annoyed my girl friend with it because she is in that teenage girl "everything will come to me in time, so I don't have to make any efforts" mindset.

You don't get wise with the sleep still in your eyes no matter what your dreams might be!

(Hopefuly, she won't use my Rush enthusiasm as a reason to break up with me.. hahahahaha)

Best track? Well it has to be 2112 itself doesn't it. But lets be honest it's completely mental from start to finish, but completely awesome at the same time.

An acoustic guitar found behind a waterfall, let there who knows when, not rusty, still in tune and our hero learns to play it in approx 3 minutes. Then knowledge of said guitar topples a government...wish i could find one like that here in Blighty!

Hmmmmm, I have to go with Passage to Bangkok. And do you know why???????

Because its all about sampling and smoking the best erb from the Near, Middle and Far East.

Ah I love those Canadian Stoners.

2112 is an obvious pick -- thats what initially put them on the map.

But I've listened to it so many times, I started to listening to the other songs. Tears is pretty good,

but a Passage to Bangkok sounds just plain awesome.

2.gif 1022.gif

Edited by neilpeartjr

Passage to Bangkok. This song opens with that completely unique guitar, drifting in its Far East sound, and then the words...

I'm sure they were drinking Deja Blue and high on Nicorette patches... sarcasm.gif

Edited by sullysue

I had a hard time to choose my favorite, because the WHOLE album is my favorite! I chose Tears after much thought. Tears was the first 'mellow/love' tune I had ever heard from Rush. Mind you I was 12 years old the first time I heard it, but it stuck with me 4 ever wub.gif

My second favorite is A Passage to Bangkok cool10.gif