Black Sabbath reunites with Ozzy!

USB Connector

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Oracle @ Nov 11 2011, 04:26 PM)
Not too interested in seeing the tour. New album might be good though; hopefully Iommi brings that droning guitar sound from the 70s back into popularity.

the droning guitar thing is still very popular in metal, look at bands like the melvins, electric wizard, the sword, etc

in fact, there's a whole genre based off of that sound, usually called stoner metal or doom metal. anyone into sabbath should check it out!

I'm a huge Sabbath fan, at least of the Ozzy and Dio eras. TBH, I'm lukewarm about the new tracks from Reunion, the new tracks from The Dio Years, and The Devil You Know. I think these guys are probably past their sell by date. I'm sure I'll buy the album when it comes out though. How many times I put it on after the first two weeks is another thing.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 12 2011, 11:51 AM)

I'm gonna check this one out, who knows it might be a killer show!

It will be a killer show just based on how heavy Tony Iommi's guitar is live. If you've never seen him live, there is just nothing like how loud he plays. In fact, i'm not even sure how it's legal for him to play that loud and not get a rediculous fine of some kind or blow his amps out regularly.

I saw Sabbath play in smaller venues in 1992 and 1995 and Iommi was playing loud enough for an arena show. My hearing didn't return to normal for about a week after both of those shows. I've seen them with Ozzy and in 2007 with Heaven & Hell and even in the larger venues the volume of his guitar is unbelievable.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 11 2011, 05:21 PM)
It would have been better if Ozzy had died instead of Dio and then Heaven and Hell could continue. And it would have been lovely if Sharon had died instead of Randy Rhoads, then we could have had some more great Ozzy albums up till his death in 2009 and no one would miss Sharon except Ozzy but we all know he's doomed anyway now don't we? confused13.gif Just give him some drugs and make sure he makes them albums with Randy...

trink38.gif

Interesting alternate reality you got going there.

The draw on this is Iommi for me, not so interested in seeing Ozzy stumble around onstage, but I'd love to see the rest of this band play together.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Nov 12 2011, 07:51 PM)
I'm a huge Sabbath fan, at least of the Ozzy and Dio eras. TBH, I'm lukewarm about the new tracks from Reunion, the new tracks from The Dio Years, and The Devil You Know. I think these guys are probably past their sell by date. I'm sure I'll buy the album when it comes out though. How many times I put it on after the first two weeks is another thing.

yes.gif goodpost.gif

Bill Ward will probably quit mid-tour, ala 1980 and 1983, once most of the reunion hoopla dies down and he realises he's just stuck in the grind of yet another tour, but is now a tired 64 years old. I'm not sure Appice can work with Ozzy after the Geezer and the three wop gags of the early 80s and the whole Dio v Ozzy feud...

Once the full original line-up is broken by Ward's absence the whole thing will unravel and it will all probably be over after 18 months...

And there's no guarantee the album will see the light of day, they've tried this before and nothing happened...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 13 2011, 11:15 PM)
Bill Ward will probably quit mid-tour, ala 1980 and 1983, once most of the reunion hoopla dies down and he realises he's just stuck in the grind of yet another tour, but is now a tired 64 years old. I'm not sure Appice can work with Ozzy after the Geezer and the three wop gags of the early 80s and the whole Dio v Ozzy feud...

Once the full original line-up is broken by Ward's absence the whole thing will unravel and it will all probably be over after 18 months...

And there's no guarantee the album will see the light of day, they've tried this before and nothing happened...

They've already got an album written (well, 8 songs anyway.)

All that's left to do is record it.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Nov 13 2011, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 13 2011, 11:15 PM)

Once the full original line-up is broken by Ward's absence  the whole thing will unravel and it will all probably be over after 18 months...

They've already got an album written (well, 8 songs anyway.)

All that's left to do is record it.

Many a slip twixt cup and lip...

wink.gif

Tony and Geezer are still good songwriters, but with Ozzy is more like searching for comic-book creepiness for the sake of comic-book creepiness... This could end up as a Scooby Doo soundtrack. I'll have to wait and listen before making up my mind.

But Tony and Geezer's strenghs lie with other singers... give me Gillian or Hughes or even a new guy... everyone but Cerone...

Its cool, but unfortunately when people like Ozzy and Gene Simmons do ridiculous reality shows it turns then into cartoon characters for me. I can't take Ozzy serious anymore. I just doubt he has much left as a performer. I will be interested to see if they can put out a decent album.

Its hard to get that excited about a ancient artifact (Ozzy)being reanimated for money sake.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 14 2011, 09:48 PM)
Its cool, but unfortunately when people like Ozzy and Gene Simmons do ridiculous reality shows it turns then into cartoon characters for me. I can't take Ozzy serious anymore. I just doubt he has much left as a performer. I will be interested to see if they can put out a decent album.
Its hard to get that excited about a ancient artifact (Ozzy)being reanimated for money sake.

Ozzy never seemed too bright anyways.

It appears there are more troubles than just Tony's health regarding this tour. According to Blabbermouth, Bill Ward aint signing another contract (for recording/tour) unless they bump up his pay to something worth signing:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=169141

in other news, according to celebritynetworth.com their net worths all fall between 65 mil and 90 mil dollars usd...

You knew something was going to make this a mess when $haron is involved. I kinda lost respect for Bill when he really had Nothing to say about Dio when he died and he was in the f-n band with him. He wrote a full page about the bass player for Slipknot who shot himself up with too much heroin . He went down a few in my book. Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (metaldad @ Feb 2 2012, 04:23 PM)
You knew something was going to make this a mess when $haron is involved. I kinda lost respect for Bill when he really had Nothing to say about Dio when he died and he was in the f-n band with him. He wrote a full page about the bass player for Slipknot who shot himself up with too much heroin . He went down a few in my book.

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif He is definitely getting replaced. I'll do do it for. All for $150k/yr salary with an up front bonus of $100k.

Sorry, Bill!! Lmao