Survivor

Lost In Xanadu

I am off and on of this show, and started watching this season again. I've lost interest in most reality shows with the exception of Amazing Race and the occasional season of Survivor.

*SPOILER ALERT* (Regarding vote last night if you care)

Last night, Cochran pissed off his former tribe after flipping to the other side. Ozzy voted to get Cochran out, and wrote Coc****** (the rest was obscured with a fuzzy screen)

Any guesses? I'm guessing he wrote coc*suc*er?

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 10 2011, 09:24 AM)
I am off and on of this show, and started watching this season again. I've lost interest in most reality shows with the exception of Amazing Race and the occasional season of Survivor.

Last night, Cochran pissed off his former tribe after flipping to the other side. Ozzy voted to get Cochran out, and wrote Coc****** (the rest was obscured with a fuzzy screen)

yes.gif

I would put money on it.

I'm watching on and off this season. I've been a somewhat irregular view since Season One. I think my favorite was either Nicarauga or the second African one - with Sugar. That gal pulled off the best ever manipulation, IMO. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Nov 10 2011, 11:24 AM)

I am an off an on viewer also. I watched like the first 6 seasons then my job prohibited me from seeing some of the shows so once I missed the first couple episodes, I'd not watch.

But this year I taped it from the beginning and I had no clue who Ozzy or Coach were. Guess that is when I stopped watching. But I have to say that you are correct on what he wrote! yes.gif

The funny thing is I am a Cochran fan and loved what he did. Treat someone like an asshole for the whole time then be surprised when he does something you don't like. If I was Cochran, I would have told them all to blow me after he did what he did!!!!

1287.gif GO COCHRAN!

I watched 10 minutes of Survivor once. I reminded me of a cross between Gilligan's Island and All My Children. Longest 10 minutes of my life! wacko.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 12 2011, 01:00 AM)
I watched 10 minutes of Survivor once. I reminded me of a cross between Gilligan's Island and All My Children. Longest 10 minutes of my life! wacko.gif

It only took 5 minutes for me biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 12 2011, 01:00 AM) I watched 10 minutes of Survivor once. I reminded me of a cross between Gilligan's Island and All My Children. Longest 10 minutes of my life! wacko.gif

It only took 5 minutes for me biggrin.gif

I saw a full episode during its first year because of the buzz. I think it could've been better if dozens of hungry lions were placed within a hundred yards of their camps. I'd definitely start watching again

Might be one of the most memorable episodes ever

Definitely! On a show that's included many meltdowns over the years, that was by far the most spectacular and meteoric meltdown I've ever seen. Quite the clusterf*ck it was!

Like I've said before, I'm not big on reality shows, but I like this one and Amazing Race. The mental aspect is just as interesting as the physical aspect in both of these shows. Jeff Probst is a genius when is comes to asking the right questions at the right time. I kept laughing at Jeff when he was rubbing Brandon's shoulders to calm him the F down. It was like he was trying to tame a crazed lion or something....

What a psycho Brandon is!

He's lucky they didn't kick his ass after what he did!

Yeah, but underneath the psycho - he has a point. Phil is a bitch :LOL:

He has a minor point, but the way he handled it was horrible. Phillip does have more than his fair share of crazy, but he handled himself really well with the Brandon situation I thought. Jeff also handled things really well with how he kept things from getting violent.

So yeah, Phillip is controlling, but he's been relatively harmless, and far less annoying than his first time on the show. There's nothing wrong with him trying to control the game - if the other people don't like it, they'll vote him off when they're ready. it's a strategy. It might not be a very good strategy, but we'll see what happens...

He has a minor point, but the way he handled it was horrible. Phillip does have more than his fair share of crazy, but he handled himself really well with the Brandon situation I thought. Jeff also handled things really well with how he kept things from getting violent.

So yeah, Phillip is controlling, but he's been relatively harmless, and far less annoying than his first time on the show. There's nothing wrong with him trying to control the game - if the other people don't like it, they'll vote him off when they're ready. it's a strategy. It might not be a very good strategy, but we'll see what happens...

Right, Phil did do an amazing job, I think it actually caught Jeff off-guard. He even said something like "wow, absolutely no reaction." I'm no Phil fan, but I liked how he handled it. Brandon was absolutely crazy - so much that it was almost uncomfortable to watch. The look in his eyes... man, that was pure crazy.

Wonder if they'll replace the food Brandon destroyed. Doubt it... but would be understandable.

Right, Phil did do an amazing job, I think it actually caught Jeff off-guard. He even said something like "wow, absolutely no reaction." I'm no Phil fan, but I liked how he handled it. Brandon was absolutely crazy - so much that it was almost uncomfortable to watch. The look in his eyes... man, that was pure crazy.

Wonder if they'll replace the food Brandon destroyed. Doubt it... but would be understandable.

it would be the right thing to do for the show to replace the food, but they very well might not. it looked like at least some of it was salvageable, hopefully most of it - the beans would be pretty safe - just wash them off. they definitely lost some of the rice.

Brandon was an absolute lunatic, but I don't think his frustrations with Phillip were unfounded. His controlling, eccentric nature is really getting to be a lot to handle. I'm actually not too enthralled with the entire group of 'favorites'. Cochrane is the only one who I really could see myself rooting for.

On the other side of things, I'm a big fan of Reynold, and I hope he goes all the way. He's one of the only guys on this entire season who's seriously legit all-around.

Brandon was an absolute lunatic, but I don't think his frustrations with Phillip were unfounded. His controlling, eccentric nature is really getting to be a lot to handle. I'm actually not too enthralled with the entire group of 'favorites'. Cochrane is the only one who I really could see myself rooting for.

On the other side of things, I'm a big fan of Reynold, and I hope he goes all the way. He's one of the only guys on this entire season who's seriously legit all-around.

Yeah, I have no idea how the favorites were picked. I couldn't give a crap about them. Even Cochrane - he's a smart guy, not very physical. If it were really a survival situation, I think he would be one of the first to die.

Reynolds is easily my favorite.

They didn't replace the food completely, but they did give both sides an extra bag of rice... kinda sorta helped make up for Brandon's crazy episode.

Funny - on last night's reunion show, I think it was Reynold that said kinda the same thing I said about Cochran:

"If it were really a survival situation, I think he would be one of the first to die."

I think he was a well deserved unanimous vote.

What a transformation he's made. He was almost too cock-sure last night though. I thought Malcolm looked ridiculous with his lion-esque hair.

Anyone else wonder why they didn't bring everyone back together for the finale? It was just the jury this time. Maybe because of Brandon?

I'm only going to say that I really hate survivor and because my wife loves it, I can't wait until it's cancelled. :)

Why hate? Especially you. In SOCN you get to deal with all these different personalities, and that's what I enjoy about Survivor - the interaction between very different people. Some people can deal with it, some people freak out... Plus Jeff Probst is phenomenal. The questions and timing of these questions just keeps getting better.

I'm only going to say that I really hate survivor and because my wife loves it, I can't wait until it's cancelled. :)

Why hate? Especially you. In SOCN you get to deal with all these different personalities, and that's what I enjoy about Survivor - the interaction between very different people. Some people can deal with it, some people freak out... Plus Jeff Probst is phenomenal. The questions and timing of these questions just keeps getting better.

First of all, I hate reality TV. I’d rather do something with friends/family than watch other people do something. Secondly, I hate drama. It reminds me of daytime soaps with the dramatic over-the-top music, the silly narration and all of the backstabbing. The show is made to bring out the worst in people (IMO). They pick people who they know will clash and do unethical things to each other. It’s not very uplifting to watch. But that’s just me.

Like I said; my wife and daughters like it so I’ve come to accept that others enjoy it and my aversion to reality TV may just may be a personal flaw I have.

In SOCN it’s me interacting with people. I do like to learn about other’s opinions on things and why they hold them. I’m too ADD to watch in on a TV show where I’m not involved.

When the show gets cancelled, you're invited to a party at my house.

Edited by workingcinderellaman
  • Like 1

First of all, I hate reality TV. I’d rather do something with friends/family than watch other people do something. Secondly, I hate drama. It reminds me of daytime soaps with the dramatic over-the-top music, the silly narration and all of the backstabbing. The show is made to bring out the worst in people (IMO). They pick people who they know will clash and do unethical things to each other. It’s not very uplifting to watch. But that’s just me.

Like I said; my wife and daughters like it so I’ve come to accept that others enjoy it and my aversion to reality TV may just may be a personal flaw I have.

In SOCN it’s me interacting with people. I do like to learn about other’s opinions on things and why they hold them. I’m too ADD to watch in on a TV show where I’m not involved.

When the show gets cancelled, you're invited to a party at my house.

Sweet, I will not be skiing though - sorry bud. Summer party - we can go golfing :)

I'm with you though. My tv watching has evolved. I watched the first couple seasons of Survivor, but more important things (like life) took precedent. Now, with a DVR, I can watch it again. I do most of my tv watching after the sun goes down when I want to unwind. I see what you mean about the drama, and some shows are much worse than others, but Survivor is good for what it is in my opinion - a study on human interaction.

I am not a big reality show fan, but my favorite reality show is Amazing Race - I really like seeing places I will never likely visit, learning about cultures and traditions around the world. I like Survivor for reasons already stated, and I enjoyed Joe Schmo simply for the insanity of the concept. Other than that, I don't watch any of it. No singing, dancing, falling in love BS....

Funny - on last night's reunion show, I think it was Reynold that said kinda the same thing I said about Cochran:

"If it were really a survival situation, I think he would be one of the first to die."

What a transformation he's made. He was almost too cock-sure last night though. I thought Malcolm looked ridiculous with his lion-esque hair.

Anyone else wonder why they didn't bring everyone back together for the finale? It was just the jury this time. Maybe because of Brandon?

I didn't even notice until after the finale that Brandon wasn't on it, but that was definitely the right choice. The guy was too abusive and disruptive. It's one thing to have the person that everyone loved to hate on a reunion show to interact with the rest of the group and stir controversy, but not him.

Anyway, I thought this was a GREAT season filled with some amazing moments, some of the best tribal councils ever, including the final one, etc. I'm really glad that Cochran won - I thought for sure he'd be voted out a few times, but he always managed to be in control of the game and do it so calmly. Not bad for a little pipsqueak!

Edited by rushgoober

Anyway, I thought this was a GREAT season filled with some amazing moments, some of the best tribal councils ever

Yes, from the Brandon meltdown to the masterful move by Malcolm to get rid of Phil... it was pretty great.