Do YOU have problems with TMT Bluray?

wannabe

Just a shout out to see if anyone else is having problems or is my BluRay player SUCK!! I have two copies of the new tour BLURAY and I watched them as soon as they arrived. One copy was for me, the other a gift. Anyways, watched the first half of the show...no problems to speak of. Then second half around Limelight or Camera Eye the picture and sound started freezing and skipping and "pixelating" constantly then even in Far Cry it froze and just shut off. Obviously I have checked it for dirt, scratches, etc. I opened and tried the "gift copy" and same thing...but not exactly in the same spots. I am very SAD!! I did an firmware update on my Bluray, Still the same. Anyone else having issues or do I need to take a hammer to my player. On another note, I hate Bluray..I have never had an issue with DVD but Bluray seems to be very "finicky".

Kevin

Mine plays fine but does anyone else have/notice all the blue spotting where there seems to be a lot of glare? It seems to be not there at times but then you see a closeup of a guitar and there are all these filled-in blue lines and spots. Why? confused13.gif

Other than that, love the bluray, great show and I enjoyed the presentation.

Just played through the entire blu-ray and no problems at all.

I think the "blue spotting" is just the way HD is handling the blue spots glare from the shiny guitar surface. I hardly noticed it and it was pretty evident why it was happening.

Very, very happy with this purchase!!

653.gif

I don't know if this is the right thread, but seeing as Time Machine is out on BluRay, (not seen it released here in the UK and was meant to on Monday) is it likely to be out on standard DVD, or is it just a BluRay release only? Thanks.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Nov 10 2011, 02:22 PM)
I don't know if this is the right thread, but seeing as Time Machine is out on BluRay, (not seen it released here in the UK and was meant to on Monday) is it likely to be out on standard DVD, or is it just a BluRay release only? Thanks.

Both the blu-ray and dvd (and CD) are out in the UK - I got mine on Monday. You can get it from Amazon.co.uk wink.gif

QUOTE (Video Guy @ Nov 10 2011, 04:58 PM)
Has anyone else noticed in several places, especially in 'Freewill', that the audio and video are not synched up? I have it on Blu-ray and the problem exists no matter what audio format I play it in.

I have not seen that problem at all, in any songs.

I am playing my Blu-Ray on a PS3, wonder if that makes a difference?

QUOTE (Video Guy @ Nov 10 2011, 01:58 PM)
Has anyone else noticed in several places, especially in 'Freewill', that the audio and video are not synched up? I have it on Blu-ray and the problem exists no matter what audio format I play it in.

This occurs in almost every post show edited pro-shot video. I would assume its because the all of the audio and video have to come from single sources. Almost 100% of the time, audio recorded using something other than the camera itself will be out of sync by the end because it isn't recorded at Frames Per-Second. And remember that each camera angle was all one big unedited portion at one point so editing it all together while maintaining a sync is difficult so in some portions there will be a slight out of sync but for the most part it is fine.

Watched my copy of the Blu Ray the day it arrived! Next morning it took 7 attempts to load the bloody thing! Curse of the Samsung Blu Ray Player once again! Seems to work okay now though! Have watched it about 10 times in the last week and seems to be okay. No skipping at all.

QUOTE (Itty12 @ Nov 10 2011, 06:52 PM)

This occurs in almost every post show edited pro-shot video. I would assume its because the all of the audio and video have to come from single sources. Almost 100% of the time, audio recorded using something other than the camera itself will be out of sync by the end because it isn't recorded at Frames Per-Second. And remember that each camera angle was all one big unedited portion at one point so editing it all together while maintaining a sync is difficult so in some portions there will be a slight out of sync but for the most part it is fine.

I would hope that they are professional enough to have gen locked all of the cameras. Even if not, the cameras still shoot at the same speed (30fps) either drop frame or non-drop frame.

The edits I saw looked like the video needed to backed up about a half second to match the audio.

Although my Blu-Ray copy has been flawless, I've discovered a problem with the DVD copy when trying to play it in my laptop PC. If I leave it in the DVD drive, then the laptop doesn't recognize it as a DVD (shows nothing in the drive) and even repeated ejects and insertions don't work.

However, if I startup the laptop without the disc in the drive, and then insert it after getting into Windows 7, it does appear as a DVD. But, if I use HP MediaSmart DVD the video plays with no audio. I get a message about an "unsupported audio format"...?

I can get audio if I use Windows Media Player but only if I right-click and select the 2nd English audio track (there are two English tracks listed).

I am somewhat technical with computers but this one has me stumped.

Anyone else have this problem playing the DVD in an HP laptop?

wacko.gif

QUOTE (Itty12 @ Nov 10 2011, 06:52 PM)

The thing that I don't understand is that in the editing process audio and video can be moved around infinitely in relation to each other. Not only that, but clips can be shrank or expanded enough to fix just about any problem that crops up of that sort.

Can anyone educate me on this? I just see it as shoddy editing in my book. I don't get it...

Edited by the masked drummer