No DVD at Best Buy Canada ?

Phantom

Has anyone else found this to be the case? I've been to a few BB' s today, and none of them even show the DVD as available. However I did find a Best Buy that was selling the CD, so at least I got that.

I even called BB customer service canada, and they don't even show the DVD in the system.

What gives?

Canadian Retailers Suck - no support for their native sons.

So I'm all excited to pick up the CD and DVD today and start looking online to see who has best prices.

Checked Walmart, Future Shop, Best Buy and HMV websites. Only HMV even had a listing for the CD and DVD but, as usual, price was ridiculously high. So then I start calling around to see who has best price.

Walmart says they have DVD in stock but have not seen any CDs.

Best Buy and Future Shop have CD but no DVD in their system.

So I go to Walmart and get DVD. Then go to Best Buy to get CD only to find out it's sold out.

Before you get excited about it being sold out due to high demand, the woman at Customer Service tells me they only ordered 4 copies of the CD and their next order not coming in until Friday.

It's insane that they only ordered 4 units for a single store in Canada - home of Rush.

And if you're saying to yourself, maybe the store I went to is not representative of the order levels at stores across Canada, then perhaps I should mention I live in TORONTO for god's sake - the same damn city that has been home to all Rush members at some time and remains home to two of the three members. This store should have as many units or more than any other store.

Lastly, if you want to argue that CDs and DVDs are a dying format and retailers just aren't carrying much inventory any more, it sure didn't stop the same Best Buy store from having over 15 copies OF EVERY PINK FLOYD DISCOVERY RE-ISSUE being at least a third run of the same music previously available.

VERY DISAPPOINTED IN OUR CANADIAN RETAILERS!!!

My Best Buy (Pennsylvania) had about 20 copies of the CD and only two of the DVD, they were at the end of a row on the bottom shelf, not even in the new release section. I found them just before I had to do the dreaded asking of the clueless employee.

I did hear that some Canadians got their copies of the DVD at Walmart.

QUOTE (Phantom @ Nov 9 2011, 06:00 AM)
Thank goodness for HMV. Picked up the DVD there, ( both blu ray and regular dvd's in stock ).

Interestingly, they've had them in stock, and selling, since October !

HMV here, too, for all 3, although they just put it out today, not back in October.

The only other retailer that might have had it here was The Future Shop, and they didn't have it even listed on their website so I never bothered checking it out.

Thank goodness for HMV. Picked up the DVD there, ( both blu ray and regular dvd's in stock ).

bekloppt.gif

Happy to hear you got your hands on a copy, I was about ready to offer my extra copy via overnight mail.

QUOTE (MCM @ Nov 9 2011, 08:34 PM)

bekloppt.gif

Happy to hear you got your hands on a copy, I was about ready to offer my extra copy via overnight mail.

Thanks ! If I wasn't able to get it from HMV, I'd likely have needed to have one sent to me!

tongue.gif

I went to one of the HMV's here in Ottawa on release day, and saw 18 copies of the DVD, 12 of the Blu-Ray, and 6 of the CD. I would imagine it's pretty much the same for the 3 other HMV's in my city, not to mention the 3 CD Warehouse locations, which has been far more superior to HMV the last 3 months.

The reason I say that is because HMV has had an issue with Warner Bros. in terms of having albums being distributed by them NOT coming in at all....even 3 months after the original release date. They aren't granting HMV a certain (insert explanation given to me by 3 employees at 3 different HMV locations)....for some odd reason, even though HMV is the biggest music and video retail store in Canada, and has been for as long as I can remember.

CD Warehouse on the other hand, has had multiple copies of every album I have wanted on the release date during that time.

Needless to say....I bought the TM DVD and CD on Tuesday. I will get the Blu-Ray when I get the 46 inch 1080p LCD or LED HDTV that I want, along with a Blu-Ray player. I won't get a playstation, because I am NOT a gamer at all, and haven't been since about 2003 when I was 18.

Best Buy owns Futureshop in Canada so if one doesn't have it the other won't either. Really? Walmart for legitimate music purchases? If they can't buy it in cheap bulk, they won't sell it!

I haven't purchased music or DVD/Blu-ray from a Canadian retailer in ages. Do most of my purchases on Amazon using both the Canadian and US sites depending on who is cheaper (including shipping of course). Pre-ordered my Time Machine Blu-ray from Amazon.ca (somehow they screwed up something on my pre-order and I got it for $17.10 plus tax and free shipping via UPS). UPS showed up at my door at 5:30 PM on the day of release.

I have been having a pathetic amount of trouble finding the Blu-Ray anywhere here.

Future Shop, Walmart, HMV...nothing. I still don't have it!!

I'm going to try Sunrise Records today at lunch...they have it listed as the number 1 seller on their email flyer this week, so I hope that means they are carrying stock!

Nice to know Best Buy sucks in Canada as much as it Sucks in the U.S. biggrin.gif

UPDATE: I FINALLY found the damn blu-ray!

SUNRISE RECORDS!!

Also, a nice added bonus is that they also had the VINYL for the Moving Pictures Live: 2011!

So, if you were looking for that vinyl (they sold out at the Backstage Club), go to Sunrise and you should find it there!

I finally get to watch it now! 1022.gif

*edited for spelling

Edited by EmotionDetector

This might be only my Best Buy, but there's been something weird going on with the last Rush purchases I've made there. With both R30 and now with Time Machine, they had Blu-rays that were clearly marked with the blue stripe across the top and everything, and then others without that, that one would naturally assume are DVDs. It even said DVD on the price sticker. Yet, when I get them home, it turns out they are Blu-rays, not DVDs, even though it was not marked on the package. Frustrating.