last movie you watched

sonicjams

Erin Brockovich, for the 200th time.

Julia Roberts gives such a great performance in this; I don't think she's quite as good in anything else. Maybe Pretty Woman.

I like her supporting role in Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind. Everyone was great in that movie. August Osage County is one of her better ones as well. Burstyn still should have won that year even if she already won for Alice Doesn’t Live Here Anymore.

Q8NuQbY.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Greyhound_poster.jpeg

Damn I want to see this. Maybe months down the road Apple will release it on other platforms for more revenue.

I'm enjoying the free year of Apple TV that came with a new phone (we'll see if I remember to turn it off!).

I would recommend the movie, definitely, but it was frankly a little stressful to watch -- and made me glad for the thousandth time that the men who had to do such things were largely up to the task. If you're into things like character development, sparkling dialogue, sophisticated plot, etc. this may not be the film for you, but if you want to see a life-and-death boxing match when one guy often can't even see the other, it was great.

• Like 2

Greyhound_poster.jpeg

Damn I want to see this. Maybe months down the road Apple will release it on other platforms for more revenue.

It might end up on Crackle since it’s Sony. Had it gone to theaters, it would have gone to Starz. It could go there and Showtime since the latter only plays non first run movies from Sony.

Edited by invisible airwave

Speed Racer

Is it a kids movie with lots of colorful almost nonsensical action sequences and totally unrealistic racing? Sure.

Is it also a wonder of psychedelic visual spectacle and beauty and simultaneously a heart wrenching emotional rollercoaster? Absolutely.

• Like 2

Watching The Song Remains the Same on TCM.

I've tried so many times to watch it, but I just can't make it through.

Why not? How dare you, lol.

The Decline Of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

It's always fun to see it again and check out the hair metal guys way back when.

Edited by blueschica

Why not? How dare you, lol.

I've never been a big fan of live Zeppelin, so there's that. The other thing is those fantasy scenes seem soooooo tedious.

It's theme goes Tra la la, tra la-la-la, tra la la... (2019)

I had no idea there was a Banana Splits movie!

:LOL:

How was it?

I thought it was good, tbh, though it was billed as a

horror movie

! Quite a few people who watched it moaned about it because they were expecting a

Five Nights At Freddy's

, and were royally p*ssed, calling it

a FNAF knockoff, a ripoff, and that it "ruined their childhoods"

even though most of them hadn't even been born when the Splits appeared (1968)..! It's

a bit gory in some scenes, and incredibly gory in one specific scene. Best not be eating while watching this movie, I can tell you..! :P

. You could say its tagline is

It's not for kids. Or most adults

. Sorry about the amount of spoilers, I have no idea who hasn't seen it. :blush:

Great review, bc! Now I have to see it!

:D

31951214-0-This_black_and_white_feline_found_himself_in_a_slight_predicamen-a-7_1597657556617.jpg

Poor pussy! :o

• Like 1

How was it?

horror movie

! Quite a few people who watched it moaned about it because they were expecting a

Five Nights At Freddy's

even though most of them hadn't even been born when the Splits appeared (1968)..! It's

a bit gory in some scenes, and incredibly gory in one specific scene. Best not be eating while watching this movie, I can tell you..! :P

. Sorry about the amount of spoilers, I have no idea who hasn't seen it. :blush:

31951214-0-This_black_and_white_feline_found_himself_in_a_slight_predicamen-a-7_1597657556617.jpg

I think it's got things under control...

How was it?

horror movie

Five Nights At Freddy's

I think it's got things under control...

I hope so - I'd be right underneath to catch him.

• Like 2

I've watched "Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)", "Black Panther", "the New Mutants", "Richard Jewell", and would try "the Banana Splits Movie".

Goose (Allen), if you read this, and haven't watched "the Banana Splits Movie", yet, I wouldn't recommend it.

Before this Covid crap .....i did go to see Harley Quinn "Birds of prey" i didnt expect to like it as much as i did. yeah !

• Like 1