last movie you watched

sonicjams

%20https%3A//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Drillbit_Taylor_poster.jpg

What happened at the end? I was watching for awhile this afternoon. I had to do something else right when he won the $500.00 from the lottery ticket.

You have Showtime streaming which is where I saw it, right? It’s on Netflix as well. It ends on Showtime this month if you have it and starts on Starz next month.

Copy paste from Wiki:

Tensions finally burst when Filkins interrupts Wade's attempt to ask his crush, Brooke Nguyen, out. Without realizing what he was doing, Wade challenges Filkins to a fight. After Ryan insults Emmit, he refuses to help them.

Wade and Ryan arrive at Filkins' house, where he is hosting a party; initially the duo knock him down, but he soon overpowers them. Ronnie shows up to help Filkins against them. Emmit, who has a change of heart, comes to their aid and for a while causes quite a lot of pain to Filkins, and almost defeats him; but Ronnie knocks him out while he is trying to break Filkins' leg. Drillbit shows up and Filkins punches him. Drillbit refuses to fight back until it is revealed Filkins is not a minor (he's 18, therefore, he's not really emancipated). Upon learning this, Drillbit quickly begins fighting to defend the freshmen. He is about to attack Ronnie, but he is spared when he reveals he's only 17. Within minutes, the police arrive and Drillbit flees for fear of prosecution. Filkins then throws a samurai sword at the boys as retaliation, but Drillbit catches it. He saves them, at the cost of half of his pinkie finger in the process. Ronnie reveals to the police that Filkins had bullied him into being his accomplice when they interview him.

Filkins is arrested and shipped off to Hong Kong to be with his parents as an alternative to being sent to prison for breaking several underage drinking laws. Wade, with renewed confidence, asks Brooke out and she accepts, while Ryan finally accepts Emmit, and declares him a friend. Drillbit is taken to jail, but ends up being released within three weeks. He is reunited with Lisa and the boys and is soon employed at their school as a nurse. A post-credits scene shows a student entering the nurse's office telling Drillbit he received bruises from being beaten up. Drillbit then tells him to give the name of the student, assuring he'll be safer from then on.

220px-Sandlot_poster.jpg

Always nice to see movies from my childhood stand the test of time. This is one of them.

“YOU PLAY BALL LIKE A GIRL!”

• Like 3

%20https%3A//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Drillbit_Taylor_poster.jpg

What happened at the end? I was watching for awhile this afternoon. I had to do something else right when he won the $500.00 from the lottery ticket.

You have Showtime streaming which is where I saw it, right? It’s on Netflix as well. It ends on Showtime this month if you have it and starts on Starz next month.

Copy paste from Wiki:

Tensions finally burst when Filkins interrupts Wade's attempt to ask his crush, Brooke Nguyen, out. Without realizing what he was doing, Wade challenges Filkins to a fight. After Ryan insults Emmit, he refuses to help them.

Wade and Ryan arrive at Filkins' house, where he is hosting a party; initially the duo knock him down, but he soon overpowers them. Ronnie shows up to help Filkins against them. Emmit, who has a change of heart, comes to their aid and for a while causes quite a lot of pain to Filkins, and almost defeats him; but Ronnie knocks him out while he is trying to break Filkins' leg. Drillbit shows up and Filkins punches him. Drillbit refuses to fight back until it is revealed Filkins is not a minor (he's 18, therefore, he's not really emancipated). Upon learning this, Drillbit quickly begins fighting to defend the freshmen. He is about to attack Ronnie, but he is spared when he reveals he's only 17. Within minutes, the police arrive and Drillbit flees for fear of prosecution. Filkins then throws a samurai sword at the boys as retaliation, but Drillbit catches it. He saves them, at the cost of half of his pinkie finger in the process. Ronnie reveals to the police that Filkins had bullied him into being his accomplice when they interview him.

Filkins is arrested and shipped off to Hong Kong to be with his parents as an alternative to being sent to prison for breaking several underage drinking laws. Wade, with renewed confidence, asks Brooke out and she accepts, while Ryan finally accepts Emmit, and declares him a friend. Drillbit is taken to jail, but ends up being released within three weeks. He is reunited with Lisa and the boys and is soon employed at their school as a nurse. A post-credits scene shows a student entering the nurse's office telling Drillbit he received bruises from being beaten up. Drillbit then tells him to give the name of the student, assuring he'll be safer from then on.

%20https%3A//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d4/Sandlot_poster.jpg/220px-Sandlot_poster.jpg

Always nice to see movies from my childhood stand the test of time. This is one of them.

“YOU PLAY BALL LIKE A GIRL!”

Thanks! I figured it would be along those lines. Actually I was watching it in the bedroom, we only have an over the air antenna there but it gets a bunch of sub channels, one of which is Laff that shows a lot of comedy movies. They showed Summer School with Mark Harmon last week- one of my favorites! :P

• Like 1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/CoogansBluff1968MoviePoster.jpg/220px-CoogansBluff1968MoviePoster.jpg

The Dirty Harry prototype

From the same director and, literally, the McCloud prototype since it inspired that series.

The only non-Eastwood movies I’ve seen Siegel direct are Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) and The Shootist. On a side note, The Shootist is the only John Wayne movie I liked.

Fun fact, it was filmed in part two blocks from my house.
  • Like 4

Vivarium.

A couple gets trapped in a laberynthian suburban housing development, and weirdness ensues. Basically a really long Twilight Zone episode, but a fun watch.

The Go-Gos documentary, titled The Go Go's! It was well done and pretty interesting. I didn't realize how ground breaking they were, although I loved them at the time. Ged's brother, Allan Weinrib, had his name in the credits for some type of production. I think it's only on Showtime but they have 30 days free trial.

9GbBteKl.png

• Like 3

The Go-Gos documentary, titled The Go Go's! It was well done and pretty interesting. I didn't realize how ground breaking they were, although I loved them at the time. Ged's brother, Allan Weinrib, had his name in the credits for some type of production. I think it's only on Showtime but they have 30 days free trial.

9GbBteKl.png

I’m 40 minutes into it. I just got my EDD debit card because of COVID related unemployment and upgraded to a year of Showtime streaming. Did the same for Amazon, CBS and Criterion as well.

SFw8add_d.jpg

Master_and_Commander-The_Far_Side_of_the_World_poster.png

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 4

I've watched "the Go-Go's" documentary. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3