last movie you watched

sonicjams

qk8No1El.png

Documentary about Suzi Quatro- it was really interesting! There is a lot more to her and her career than I realized. Very enjoyable.

And there was this, which was of interest- a poster from when she played the 1969 Toledo pop festival, with her group the Pleasure Seekers. A group named Rush is on the poster! However, after doing some research to be sure, it was apparently not the group we think of as Rush . .

GgkOp2Ml.png

Doctor_Sleep_%28Official_Film_Poster%29.png

I’m 10 minutes into the director’s cut on HBO Max. I’ll get back to it and the subscription when my first Covid unemployment check comes in since they’re certified and pending now. Nice to see Lumbly playing Halloran. Loved his role as Agent Dixon on Jennifer Garner’s breakthrough show, Alias.

215px-HardTarget_1993_poster.jpg

• Like 1

The Shining (extended version) - I wouldn't criticize him, but I don't know why Kubrick cut so much for the theatrical release.

Apparently, there were a few reasons:

- Warner Bros complained about the length of the pre-cut movie

- the pre-cut version was a bit too ambiguous

- the pre-cut version wasn’t well-received

I just looked that up this morning. I don’t remember if I ever did see the extended version.

Election, from the late 1990s, with Matthew Broderick and a young Reese Witherspoon. First time seeing it, and it had some very funny moments.
  • Like 4

Election, from the late 1990s, with Matthew Broderick and a young Reese Witherspoon. First time seeing it, and it had some very funny moments.

One of my favorite movies ever and best movie of my senior year of high school, 1999, which was a great year for movies. Payne’s a great director as well, save the disappointing Downsizing.

“We’re not electing the fing pope here. Just tell me who won.” :LOL:

Edited by invisible airwave

Vivarium_film_theatrical_poster.jpg

Finally streamed it last night. I'd been wanting to see it ever since I saw the trailers, because it looked so much like a story idea I had that was inspired by Subdivisions, believe it or not.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/CoogansBluff1968MoviePoster.jpg/220px-CoogansBluff1968MoviePoster.jpg

The Dirty Harry prototype

From the same director and, literally, the McCloud prototype since it inspired that series.

The only non-Eastwood movies I’ve seen Siegel direct are Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) and The Shootist. On a side note, The Shootist is the only John Wayne movie I liked.

• Like 1

%20https%3A//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6f/Drillbit_Taylor_poster.jpg

What happened at the end? I was watching for awhile this afternoon. I had to do something else right when he won the $500.00 from the lottery ticket.