last movie you watched

sonicjams

JB, have you seen Suicide Club ??

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VY5NCQ4HL.jpg

Seems like I might've seen it maybe 15-20 years ago. Is that right? In any case, I don't really remember so IF I did see it then it means I didn't think it was particularly good or bad.

• Like 1

The Good Dinosaur

I don't care what anyone says. This is easily one of my favourite Pixar movies. Possibly my number one.

The Good Dinosaur

I don't care what anyone says. This is easily one of my favourite Pixar movies. Possibly my number one.

Never saw it but Pixar is the most reliable production company I can think of.

I read that Toy Story 4 is actually going to be released in 2018. It's supposed to focus on the romance between Woody & Bo Peep (you may remember her being absent from most of part 3). So it's basically a standalone sequel. With all the cast returning (which isn't a done deal but I guess it will happen), I trust it'll be awesome.

I still can't of a better trilogy than Toy Story.

Seems like I might've seen it maybe 15-20 years ago. Is that right? In any case, I don't really remember so IF I did see it then it means I didn't think it was particularly good or bad.

I think you'd remember it

It's a very scathing take on pop culture in Japan

The Mini Moni / AKB / Morning Musume type band it in is portrayed in an unbelievable fashion

And Rolly has a pretty major role

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cUhtAjz9rNY/T9kixSQRUmI/AAAAAAAAIiA/5rldqgK7oPg/s1600/suicidecircle2.jpg

Edited by Lucas

I think you'd remember it

It's a very scathing take on pop culture in Japan

The Mini Moni / AKB / Morning Musume type band it in is portrayed in an unbelievable fashion

And Rolly has a pretty major role

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cUhtAjz9rNY/T9kixSQRUmI/AAAAAAAAIiA/5rldqgK7oPg/s1600/suicidecircle2.jpg

Maybe. But as I said, I'm not really into J-films in the first place.

Tv shows out here especially are pretty dreadful.

The Good Dinosaur

Never saw it but Pixar is the most reliable production company I can think of.

I read that Toy Story 4 is actually going to be released in 2018. It's supposed to focus on the romance between Woody & Bo Peep (you may remember her being absent from most of part 3). So it's basically a standalone sequel. With all the cast returning (which isn't a done deal but I guess it will happen), I trust it'll be awesome.

I still can't of a better trilogy than Toy Story.

The Good Dinosaur is a personal favourite for two main reasons:

1) The best background animation of any CGI movie I have ever seen.

2) A truly old school feel that reminds me of the old kids flicks I loved as a child, but with the exceptional attention to character development that we love Pixar for.

And for those who hate the designs of the dinosaurs, personally I really enjoyed it and there are some stunning scenes as the film progresses.

I would have loved this film if I had seen it aged five or six. At 25, I thought it was a wonderful reminder of a time when animated movies weren't made to suit the adult palate that personally bogs down some of the innocence of modern animation.

Ponyo was another film that reminded me of the joys of just being a child.

Babysat my friends son today. He had never seen this before:

Lilo And Stitch

Great little movie!

And later I watched for myself:

Spirited Away

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, the Burton/Depp one. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Symbols/five-star-rating-sm.jpeg

:banana:

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, the Burton/Depp one. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Symbols/five-star-rating-sm.jpeg

Agreed.

So nice to see someone praise this film as highly as me! I also loved The Corpse Bride, which came out that same year

• Like 1

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, the Burton/Depp one.

There's another one besides Burton's? Unless you're talking about Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder?

Love Gene Wilder, hate the version/vision of the producer.

There's another one besides Burton's? Unless you're talking about Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory with Gene Wilder?

I see.

The way you worded it made me think there were 2 CHARLIE & the choco factories.

• Like 1

I see.

Oh yeah the other was Willy Wonka.

• Like 1

I see.

Yeah, I can see that...I'm always concerned about wording and such.... but no, there's only the Willy Wonka one and Burton's. Burton/Depp were VERY concerned about being as CLOSE to the original book as possible....

I see.

Yeah, I can see that...I'm always concerned about wording and such.... but no, there's only the Willy Wonka one and Burton's. Burton/Depp were VERY concerned about being as CLOSE to the original book as possible....

Then why the hell didn't Burton use that mentality for Batman?!!!