last movie you watched

sonicjams

Robin Hood

I really loved this film! One of the most underrated Ridley Scott films to date, I preferred it to Prince Of Thieves by a very wide margin.

I'm surprised. I didn't think it was bad but I just kind of lost interest and didn't finish. In fairness though, I was on a long haul flight and wasn't too comfortable enough to settle in to watch a movie that likely needed at least a little focus (like that one).

I will say that what I did see was leagues better than that Costner Prince of Thieves crap! He should stay away from fantasy/adventure roles. Costner's good when he plays everyday Joe types a la his roles in Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, and the NEVER mentioned Fandango.

Robin Hood

I really loved this film! One of the most underrated Ridley Scott films to date, I preferred it to Prince Of Thieves by a very wide margin.

I'm surprised. I didn't think it was bad but I just kind of lost interest and didn't finish. In fairness though, I was on a long haul flight and wasn't too comfortable enough to settle in to watch a movie that likely needed at least a little focus (like that one).

I will say that what I did see was leagues better than that Costner Prince of Thieves crap! He should stay away from fantasy/adventure roles. Costner's good when he plays everyday Joe types a la his roles in Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, and the NEVER mentioned Fandango.

I agree on all that!

But neither film can hold a candle to the Errol Flynn classic!

But I enjoyed it...maybe a second viewing will dampen my enthusiasm (this often happens with me and action films).

• Like 1

Robin Hood

I agree on all that!

But I enjoyed it...maybe a second viewing will dampen my enthusiasm (this often happens with me and action films).

Surprisingly, I've never seen the Flynn classic.

Hmm...just a side thought, I wonder if there've been more movies that've weakened after a second viewing than ones that've improved (for me of course).

A few that've improved & a few that've weakened (but didn't go bad) after a second viewing...and keeping it Scott / Costner related just because:

+ Alien

+ Blade Runner

+ Bull Durham

- American Flyers

- Hannibal

Robin Hood

I agree on all that!

Surprisingly, I've never seen the Flynn classic.

Hmm...just a side thought, I wonder if there've been more movies that've weakened after a second viewing than ones that've improved (for me of course).

A few that've improved & a few that've weakened (but didn't go bad) after a second viewing...and keeping it Scott / Costner related just because:

+ Alien

+ Blade Runner

+ Bull Durham

- American Flyers

- Hannibal

Hannibal was barely good to start with...but I actually really enjoyed Julianne Moore's performance (I am so elated that she has been fully embraced by Hollywood and the awards these last few years...she seemed to be under tale radar for far to long!).

All those ones you said get better are correct!

They Live

Best John Carpenter movie I have ever seen! I watched this because of a countdown of underrated 80's films on YouTube.

• Like 2

They Live

Best John Carpenter movie I have ever seen! I watched this because of a countdown of underrated 80's films on YouTube.

Lot of great ones there like To Live And Die In L.A., After Hours, Something Wild and Thief.

You saw the same countdown? They all looked good!

• Like 1

They Live

Lot of great ones there like To Live And Die In L.A., After Hours, Something Wild and Thief.

To Live And Die In L.A. is a good downer of a movie.

• Like 1

They Live

You saw the same countdown? They all looked good!

Yep, I subscribe to Mojo.com.

220px-Station-agent-poster.jpg

• Like 2

They Live

There's an alternate happier ending on the DVD where a certain character that gets killed off survives. It obviously doesn't fit with the tone of the movie and I'm glad MGM rejected it even if it meant becoming a box office flop before turning into a cult classic.

• Like 1

They Live

There's an alternate happier ending on the DVD where a certain character that gets killed off survives. It obviously doesn't fit with the tone of the movie and I'm glad MGM rejected it even if it meant becoming a box office flop before turning into a cult classic.

Hmm...I'm satisfied with what I saw. Can't imagine that alternate ending being an improvement. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen an alternate ending that was better than its cinema release ending.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Pride And Prejudice And Zombies

Wow.

How could trash like this end up so painfully boring?

I wanted awful.

I got awful and now I want to give it back.

3/10

Wow.

I wanted awful.

3/10

Totally believe that.

A few years back, Natalie Portman originally wanted to portray Elizabeth. Not sure why she bowed out but she did. She did stay on as a producer though.

I haven't seen that and I don't want to. I tried reading the book when it was new (6 years ago?) but couldn't get past maybe 70-80 pages. Garbage.

Wow.

I wanted awful.

3/10

Totally believe that.

A few years back, Natalie Portman originally wanted to portray Elizabeth. Not sure why she bowed out but she did. She did stay on as a producer though.

I haven't seen that and I don't want to. I tried reading the book when it was new (6 years ago?) but couldn't get past maybe 70-80 pages. Garbage.

It just is so confused...a terrible comedy, a very average (but not entirely hopeless) period drama, and the horror is more Goosebumps than any genuinely approaching real horror...the acting? I can't say it's bad.

And Lily James is so beautiful...the only reason I didn't turn it off!

But...so bad it's really bad...and I love bad films for a laugh. But this isn't even THAT bad.

EUGH!

Hmm...I'm satisfied with what I saw. Can't imagine that alternate ending being an improvement. Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen an alternate ending that was better than its cinema release ending.

How about the director's cut of Blade Runner?

What film are we talking about?

And I have all the major cuts of Blade Runner. I plan to spend a week watching them, deciding which I find to be the best.

Never saw it.

Never saw it.

Flawless aside from ONE dumb addition: the androids eyes have a glowing sheen to them.

If it's that obvious then killing them off should be super easy.

It actually damages the film. I will never understand why Ridley chose to do this.

EDIT: I am referring to The Final Cut, not the director's. Oops!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Never saw it.

Flawless aside from ONE dumb addition: the androids eyes have a glowing sheen to them.

If it's that obvious then killing them off should be super easy.

It actually damages the film. I will never understand why Ridley chose to do this.

EDIT: I am referring to The Final Cut, not the director's. Oops!

Ha! Never thought about that, but it doesn't really bother me. The Final Cut is the definitive version for me.