last movie you watched

sonicjams

Not really a movie but a documentary. I watched The Tinder Swindler last night.

Been thinking of checking that one out. Looks interesting.

Finished watching Power of the Dog last night. A relentless antagonist drains nearly all joy from the story but it's got a great twist at the end, literally, that rewards the faithful.

• Like 1

isnt-it-romantic-movie-poster-image0.jpg?itok=T3U05ZNM

What's this one, I'm just getting a blank?

So am I now! Maybe something to do with the system being down over the last day or so?

I think it was 'Isn't It Romantic'

• Like 1

So am I now! Maybe something to do with the system being down over the last day or so?

It is.

It is.

Thanks - still isn't showing up for me.

The Batman

Nowhere near as bad as Clooney Batman but the most overrated one in the series. It confuses David Fincher aesthetics and edginess with quality. Too dark can be just as bad as too light and campy. This and Spider Man 3 are proof that going emo for comic books does not work. Deserves a makeup Oscar, though, just for making Colin Farrell not one bit recognizable and Wright is great as Gordon.

The Batman

Nowhere near as bad as Clooney Batman but the most overrated one in the series. It confuses David Fincher aesthetics and edginess with quality. Too dark can be just as bad as too light and campy. This and Spider Man 3 are proof that going emo for comic books does not work. Deserves a makeup Oscar, though, just for making Colin Farrell not one bit recognizable and Wright is great as Gordon.

Just got home from seeing it. I may need a few sessions of therapy to deprogram myself. :o

Agree about the "too dark". Visually, having to constantly focus on characters in the dark is a PAIN.

Psychologically, it's just too much, especially after The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. It makes one think, how messed up will the next film be? How psychotic and disturbing are they going to make the next villain? It's very popular for many people (younger people, perhaps), but not for this guy.

I chuckled a bit during the shots with a bareback Bruce Wayne/Pattinson. A pretty scrawny Caped Crusader, I thought. Pattinson was steadily dark and brooding. Nary a smile....

• Like 2