last movie you watched

sonicjams

This was really, really well done and yet kind of difficult to watch at the same time due to the sexual assault accounts. It encompassed much more, though- a whole history of Cosby, back to stand up days; what made him appealing to white people and a hero to black people; the nature of his grooming of his victims so that they ended up blaming themselves; and the thought of some in the black community that his arrest was a plot to keep a powerful black man down. Very interesting and yet kind of gave me a headache because in the end Cosby was a huge creep. (Next up, something lighter! )

QGITC9Um.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

a-dry-white-season-53a6a8f1e06b8.jpg

I always meant to see this and never did. Was it good?

Yeah. When I started off watching it, I wasn't really sure, but yeah it's very good. A lot of good people in it too, as well as the stars, Michael Gambon, Jurgen Prochnow, Janet Suzman, Richard Wilson. Brando put in a great performance and Donald Sutherland was really impressive as well.

• Like 1

At the movie theatres, on Crave movie channels, and blu-ray combo pack, I watched "Spider-Man: No Way Home" in 3-D, "Reminiscence", "Disney/Pixar Soul", and "Luca".
  • Like 2

Not a movie. But just have to mention Book of Boba Fett somewhere.

Holy. Shit.

I'm watching it, but it's often a little too esoteric, I think. If you're not deeply familiar with the Canon, it's hard to sustain interest through an episode, I think. Visually stunning, though. Edited by goose

MV5BNjMzMzk2YjEtZjkwYy00Zjc5LWJmZDctZTY1NTBkNjg3ZDk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI2ODkyNDg@._V1_.jpg

Excellent. First one Ive laughed out loud at one line zingers in years. Great cinematography as usual, and cool dream sequences. Wallace Shawn is simply brilliant and a great surrogate Woody w some classic lines. As is usual, many may not like this, but if you are a Woody fan, its great.

Edited by lerxt1990
  • Like 1

Domangchin yeoja (2020) by Hong Sang-Soo.

Delicate and not so delicate dissonnances. Not often do 1 h 13 minutes feel like two hours, but in this case this feeling was welcome.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11697690/

• Like 1

MV5BNjMzMzk2YjEtZjkwYy00Zjc5LWJmZDctZTY1NTBkNjg3ZDk5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI2ODkyNDg@._V1_.jpg

Excellent. First one Ive laughed out loud at one line zingers in years. Great cinematography as usual, and cool dream sequences. Wallace Shawn is simply brilliant and a great surrogate Woody w some classic lines. As is usual, many may not like this, but if you are a Woody fan, its great.

I need to see this one, if only for the footage of San Sebastian!
  • Like 1

I need to see this one, if only for the footage of San Sebastian!

It makes you want to hop on a plane and go immediately.

• Like 1