last movie you watched

sonicjams

Faults (2014) - Dark, slightly comic take on reprogramming + Mary Elizabeth Winstead :wub:

Don`t Look Up (2021) - I love satire, but maybe a lighter touch would have been funnier and more impactful?

I watched "No Time to Die", "the Suicide Squad (2021)", "Eternals", and "Venom: Let There Be Carnage".
  • Like 1

The first two thirds of The Tragedy of Macbeth. Copied and pasted from the "pissed off" thread.

I thought the sound being gone for Licorice Pizza at the beginning in Westwood was bad enough. 2/3 into Tragedy of Macbeth and the projector goes out. Nice they gave everyone a free pass for a movie at the Laemmle but I want a refund goddamnit. Now I have to wait until it hits Apple TV. Sound issue, rude audience for Spidey and now this for the hat trick.

YMW5reA.gif

Edited by invisible airwave

Don%27t_Look_Up_2021_film.jpg

on my list. Watching Swan Song right now.

After a day and thinking about it a lot, I'm not too sure how to take this movie. Let me know what you think when you get around to watching it.

Watched it last night. It's thought provoking. Interesting satire on a number of things. Warming ending scene.

I keep seeing it compared to the prophetic Idiocracy a lot in how it is frighteningly like real life.

ujwGOMU.jpg

It's all downhill for the series after this one. 1st two are classics. Prometheus and Covenent were better than the last two Ripley ones but it's not saying much. I didn't even bother with the PG13 Alien/Predator.

It flips the coin on a lot of subjects. Reveals a lot of hypocrisy in a superficial society. It's good enough to watch again and I think I will.

• Like 1

81LnxjTcFgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I love this move, BUT I love the one with Warren Beatty and Annette Bening even more.

Random fact about me: at the beginning of Covid, my theater group did a bunch of monologues and put them together on YouTube, and I did scene from Sleepless in Seattle where the Rita Wilson character talks about this movie.

If you skip to 4:24 in this video, you can see me. I'm in the green. He edited together me and another woman doing the monologue.

• Like 2

I love this move, BUT I love the one with Warren Beatty and Annette Bening even more.

Random fact about me: at the beginning of Covid, my theater group did a bunch of monologues and put them together on YouTube, and I did scene from Sleepless in Seattle where the Rita Wilson character talks about this movie.

If you skip to 4:24 in this video, you can see me. I'm in the green. He edited together me and another woman doing the monologue.

Hey I saw you! Cool!

I really enjoyed the film, they don't make films like this anymore. I preferred the first half though with the grandmother visit and the boat thing. It kind of went off on a tangent after that but was still good.

One thing, I was pretty sure that Deborah Kerr wasn't a singer, and yes her singing was dubbed by a well known ghost soprano. I can't really see Kerr as a nightclub singer really anyway. Still the film is great anyway!

Hey I saw you! Cool!

I really enjoyed the film, they don't make films like this anymore. I preferred the first half though with the grandmother visit and the boat thing. It kind of went off on a tangent after that but was still good.

One thing, I was pretty sure that Deborah Kerr wasn't a singer, and yes her singing was dubbed by a well known ghost soprano. I can't really see Kerr as a nightclub singer really anyway. Still the film is great anyway!

thanks!

Well, I know what you mean about the first part of the story vs the second, but I think it's more about them meeting and then going their separate ways and then how they get back together.

But you are so right, they do not make movies like this anymore.

• Like 1

Hey I saw you! Cool!

thanks!

Well, I know what you mean about the first part of the story vs the second, but I think it's more about them meeting and then going their separate ways and then how they get back together.

But you are so right, they do not make movies like this anymore.

Yeah it's just better quality right through, from actors and directors to stories and scripts to costumes and sets. There's a magic there that doesn't exist in today's films.

Yeah the film kind of turned into Mary Poppins-light. I like the TV show interview though that was funny, and I really liked Cary's fiancé, she's a good actress too. And Deborah Kerr's boyfriend Richard Denning is a B movie king, especially in films like Creature From the Black Lagoon!

• Like 1