last movie you watched

sonicjams

I've been looking forward to this movie, and maybe my expectations were too high, but this audience review from Rottentomatoes kind of sums it up except I watched the whole thing, Boring. Meandering with no purpose. Walked out after 1 hour when I realized this was going to slog on for another 75 minutes. It's a movie for the person who believes they are the smartest one in the room, but are just the most pretentious. I know some people who fit that description to a "T." :facepalm:

LicoricePizzaPoster.jpeg

Describes how I feel about that OTHER Anderson who I refer to as Michael Bay for hipsters and has Bill Murray in all his movies. I like PTA's, save Inherent Vice, but fans of his and other directors like Wes and Sofia Coppola can be just as bad as those who believe their favorite Marvel movie deserves a best picture Oscar nod.

Edited by invisible airwave

cocoon.jpg

First non animated movie I saw in a theater at age 4 and 2nd overall...and first that isn't completely embarrassing. *cough* Care Bears *cough*

The first thing I ever saw was Bedknobs and Broomsticks with Angela Lansbury in 1971. I was 4 too.

A Christmas Carol (1951, Alistair Sim)

A Christmas Carol (2009, Jim Carrey)

I haven't seen this one in a long time, but it was a good twist on the usual, with Ross Kemp from EastEnders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Carol_(2000_film)

• Like 1

cocoon.jpg

First non animated movie I saw in a theater at age 4 and 2nd overall...and first that isn't completely embarrassing. *cough* Care Bears *cough*

:heart: Care Bears :heart: :hug2:

• Like 1

Spider Man 3: No Way Home

I'd give it like an A-. Very enjoyable, and I think I'll be seeing it again. A couple of pacing things that aren't really effective... but also some excellent acting from an excellent number of people.

I'd give it like an A-. Very enjoyable, and I think I'll be seeing it again. A couple of pacing things that aren't really effective... but also some excellent acting from an excellent number of people.

While watching the film I thought I may need a re-watch. I was a little snoozy 'n boozy. Also I've seen the first two Tobey films and Spider Man: European Vacation but no Andy Garfield stuff or the first Tom Holland film. Which I thought may have effected my opinion on the pacing of the film.

MV5BOTI4NDhhNGEtZjQxZC00ZTRmLThmZTctOGJmY2ZlOTc0ZGY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

The sets (late 30s/early 40s) were fantastic, acting was top notch and a good story. However............a half hour could've been trimmed and it would've been more impactful imo. Giving it a B, or if you prefer 3.5 starts (out of 5).

Edited by driventotheedge

While watching the film I thought I may need a re-watch. I was a little snoozy 'n boozy. Also I've seen the first two Tobey films and Spider Man: European Vacation but no Andy Garfield stuff or the first Tom Holland film. Which I thought may have effected my opinion on the pacing of the film.

Andy is more believable as Spider than Peter compared to the other two who bail both. Tobey is still the best.

Don%27t_Look_Up_2021_film.jpg

on my list. Watching Swan Song right now.

After a day and thinking about it a lot, I'm not too sure how to take this movie. Let me know what you think when you get around to watching it.

MV5BOTI4NDhhNGEtZjQxZC00ZTRmLThmZTctOGJmY2ZlOTc0ZGY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

The sets (late 30s/early 40s) were fantastic, acting was top notch and a good story. However............a half hour could've been trimmed and it would've been more impactful imo. Giving it a B, or if you prefer 3.5 starts (out of 5).

I had no idea until a week ago that it was a remake of an old Tyrone Power movie. I read some theaters in L.A. will screen it in black and white next month but looking at the poor box office, I don't see it happening. I may just rent it on Vudu Fandango in a few months instead.

rIDsLXQ.jpg

After a day and thinking about it a lot, I'm not too sure how to take this movie. Let me know what you think when you get around to watching it.

Watched it last night. It's thought provoking. Interesting satire on a number of things. Warming ending scene.
  • Like 1

Watched it last night. It's thought provoking. Interesting satire on a number of things. Warming ending scene.

I keep seeing it compared to the prophetic Idiocracy a lot in how it is frighteningly like real life.

ujwGOMU.jpg

It's all downhill for the series after this one. 1st two are classics. Prometheus and Covenent were better than the last two Ripley ones but it's not saying much. I didn't even bother with the PG13 Alien/Predator.

Edited by invisible airwave