last movie you watched

sonicjams

I watched Marriage Story. It was basically just a ripoff of Kramer vs Kramer.

Rip off? It's a masterpiece, though I get where you're coming from, I love both films.

They deal with divorce. That doesn't make Marriage Story a rip off when the whole movie is so damn relevant for our times.

It looks like KvK for hipsters. Saw the original on Showtime a year ago and I gotta say it’s not deserving of BP. Apocalypse Now was way better.

Also, TWO acting nods for most overrated actress alive this year? Please.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - It's a pretty amazing document of late 60s Los Angeles and the TV and movie industries of the day.

Part of the fun is that Tarantino has no allegiance to historical fact regarding a certain infamous event.

In the near future are The Irishman, Marriage Story, and Joker. Currently a third of the way through Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. Silly fun but check your brain at the door before playing.

In the wings are You Were Never Really Here, Captive State, The Visit, American Animals, and Please Stand By which is about an autistic girl (Dakota Fanning) who's writing a Star Trek script for a contest put on by Paramount Studios. I'm 30 minutes in and it's quite entertaining.

I usually have a good many library DVDs laying around at any given time and, truth be told, I rarely finish all of them before they have to be returned. So they get rechecked out in the hopes I will get to them on the next go round.

For the last few years, I've tried not to read any reviews before I watch a movie and I'm happier for it. I've ended up seeing some pretty good movies that I would have otherwise skipped based on critics' recommendations. After I've finished the movie I then check out how close I'm am to the critical consensus in my feelings about it.

Edited by Three Eyes
  • Like 1

It looks like KvK for hipsters. Saw the original on Showtime a year ago and I gotta say it’s not deserving of BP. Apocalypse Now was way better.

Also, TWO acting nods for most overrated actress alive this year? Please.

Exactly. :)