last movie you watched

sonicjams

Man Of Steel

I've come to like this film more over the years

.....except for the ridiculously long, "let's knock down skyscraper after skyscraper" fight scene. I still hate that. :boo hiss:

Man Of Steel

.....except for the ridiculously long, "let's knock down skyscraper after skyscraper" fight scene. I still hate that. :boo hiss:

Snyder stupidly trying to relive Watchmen level destruction. They could’ve trimmed those scenes and enough devastation could’ve still be seen and understood.

Snyder isn’t always bad but when he’s bad, it’s absurd.

Man Of Steel

Snyder stupidly trying to relive Watchmen level destruction. They could’ve trimmed those scenes and enough devastation could’ve still be seen and understood.

That and Zod's non-stop pontificating during the fight. I was waiting for Superman to yell, "Oh, SHUT UP!" :LOL:

Man Of Steel

That and Zod's non-stop pontificating during the fight. I was waiting for Superman to yell, "Oh, SHUT UP!" :LOL:

Nah that was me shouting “Shut up” to Zod

The Road.

A very good and realistic post-apocalyptic tale starring Viggo Mortensen. There are no zombies or muscle bound Road Warrior type villains wreaking havoc, just desperation, starvation, and depression. A drama worth a watch.

Grade: A

It lives up to the book so well it's mesmerising.

• Like 1

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I was a huge Harry Potter fan when the books were being released, picking up each book on day 1 and have read them all multiple times. Loved the first two movies, then PoA came out, and they had a new Dumbledore. I couldn't handle the change and never watched another Harry Potter movie. On Thursday I started a marathon and plan on watching all of them. Goblet of Fire tonight.
  • Like 2

My Dinner With Herve, on HBO.

Based on an actual encounter, a writer spends a night touring LA with actor Herve Villachaize (Fantasy Island.)

It was so bad it was good! Verrry predictable script and Jamie Dorman was horrible in this, but Peter Dinklage was excellent, as usual.

• Like 1

The Road.

A very good and realistic post-apocalyptic tale starring Viggo Mortensen. There are no zombies or muscle bound Road Warrior type villains wreaking havoc, just desperation, starvation, and depression. A drama worth a watch.

Grade: A

The novel is a good read.
  • Like 2

614NSjYkp3L._SY500_.jpg

Horrible.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-reviews/holmes-and-watson-movie-review-will-ferrell-772436/

"This Will Ferrell/John C. Reilly parody of Sherlock Holmes is so painfully unfunny we’re not sure it can legally be called a comedy..."

:LOL:

Edited by goose

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I was a huge Harry Potter fan when the books were being released, picking up each book on day 1 and have read them all multiple times. Loved the first two movies, then PoA came out, and they had a new Dumbledore. I couldn't handle the change and never watched another Harry Potter movie. On Thursday I started a marathon and plan on watching all of them. Goblet of Fire tonight.

I still am a massive fan of the books and whilst I like the movies, the changes throughout really piss me off.

For all the hard work put into these movies, the can come off so lazy.

Does Amazon Prime count?

I say yes, I watch a lot on it! :ebert:

Oh good, then I saw 4:

Circus Kane (2017)

Yellow Submarine (1968)

Stepford Wives (1975)

Paddington 2 (2017)

But not all in one day..! :P

• Like 1

614NSjYkp3L._SY500_.jpg

Horrible.

https://www.rollings...ferrell-772436/

"This Will Ferrell/John C. Reilly parody of Sherlock Holmes is so painfully unfunny we’re not sure it can legally be called a comedy..."

:LOL:

I love Holmes and Watson, and you should see my collection of DVDs on them!, but for some reason, I did not even bother with this one.

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/movie/movie_poster/the-saint-1997/large_uA24D8JCg21RDINMZ3vFaQYdIzW.jpg

Elizabeth Shue is smoking hot in this film. :LOL: :lol: :blush: