last movie you watched

sonicjams

Happy Thanksgiving

Two room clearers

The Isle is one the best movies I have seen in ages ..

Movie-Isle.jpg

I didin;t always agree with Roger RIP Ebert, but he nailed it on The Isle

Most people choose movies that provide exactly what they expect, and tell them things they already know. Others are more curious. We are put on this planet only once, and to limit ourselves to the familiar is a crime against our minds.

.. and The Exorcist

William Friedkin ... The French Connection, Boys On The Band The Exorcist, Sorcerer, and Cruising in less than a decade

Movie-Exorcist.jpg

Edited by Lucas

Happy Thanksgiving

Two room clearers

The Isle is one the best movies I have seen in ages ..

Movie-Isle.jpg

I didin;t always agree with Roger RIP Ebert, but he nailed it on The Isle

Most people choose movies that provide exactly what they expect, and tell them things they already know. Others are more curious. We are put on this planet only once, and to limit ourselves to the familiar is a crime against our minds.

.. and The Exorcist

William Friedkin ... The French Connection, Boys On The Band The Exorcist, Sorcerer, and Cruising in less than a decade

Movie-Exorcist.jpg

To Live And Die In L.A. is my favorite 80s crime drama.
  • Like 1

In The Mood For Love ... absolutely gorgeous movie .. I might even say "perfect"

Maggie Cheung, my goodness ..... one of the best performances I have ever seen - and without all the usual hysteria that I tend to gravitate towards

In-The-Mood.jpg

Some of the stuff in this movie I knew from the Ken Burns "Vietnam" documentary last year, but it's still infuriating to know that our government expanded that conflict and knew almost from the beginning that it was a losing situation, yet continued to lie to the American public about what was going on. It wouldn't be surprising in the least to find out in 40 or 50 years that the same shit is happening in Afghanistan and other Mid-East shit holes.

911IouavlPL._SY445_.jpg

Raise The Red Lantern

TF, what did you think ??

I love it .. it's in that top tier of films for me ... The first time I saw it, the ending threw me - it wasn;t what I was expecting, and it didn;t seem to fit .. But after a second viewing, it did seem fitting

And it's an absolutely gorgeous film. Just visually stunning!

Some of the stuff in this movie I knew from the Ken Burns "Vietnam" documentary last year, but it's still infuriating to know that our government expanded that conflict and knew almost from the beginning that it was a losing situation, yet continued to lie to the American public about what was going on. It wouldn't be surprising in the least to find out in 40 or 50 years that the same shit is happening in Afghanistan and other Mid-East shit holes.

911IouavlPL._SY445_.jpg

You don't need 40-50 years to know that the Afghanistan/Iraq invasions are complete b.s..

Dog Day Afternoon: a Pacino classic

My favorite 70s movie.

I had forgotten about the opening, which is just scenes of NYC. It's very well done and instantly sets tge viewer up for the tone of what's coming. 1970s NYC was so gritty...
  • Like 2

Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves (5/10)

I love Alan Rickman in this, otherwise it bored the shit out of me.

• Like 1

Rickman and Bryan Adams make it tolerable.

Kevin Costner seems just walk through films. No acting range at all.

• Like 2

I agree! He's pretty much the same in every film. If he's supposed to be a regular guy, like in Field of Dreams or Bull Durham it works ok, but he brings that same character all the time.

• Like 1

I agree! He's pretty much the same in every film. If he's supposed to be a regular guy, like in Field of Dreams or Bull Durham it works ok, but he brings that same character all the time.

His voice is flat, one-dimensional. George Clooney is the same way. Little to no ability to express any emotional range.

• Like 2