last movie you watched

sonicjams

Double feature

Vincent Price in a very uncampy and disturbing role as Matthew Hopkins, the real life, self-proclaimed Witchfinder General

No ghosts, supernatural happenings or cobwebbed castles - just the real horror of the self proclaimed judges of morality

witchfinder_general_UKquad.jpg

The aforementioned acting great Roy Scheider in the criminally underappreciated Sorcerer ..

William Friedkin, Tangerine Dream and a cast of incredible actors

http://mcphedranbadside.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/sorcerer-450x365.gif

The Seven Ups

Excellent cast all 'round, and a great companion piece to The French Connection ... Roy Scheider, as always, was great

0*pm6OfMh4jdy6Y7Nm.jpg

I haven't seen that movie since the seventies. I remember a car chase that ends up with Roy Scheider crashing into the back of a semi-trailer.

According to the commentary, a lot of that car case was filmed guerrilla style, without permits .. and a few of the crew came close to serious injury when a parked car's door was clipped and went flying into where they were filming ..

Roy Scheider had quite a run with The French Connection, Jaws, 7 Ups, Sorcerer -

Don’t forget Marathon Man.

• Like 1

mission_impossible_fallout_poster_large.jpg

I thought it was pretty good. My personal favorite of the MI movies was Ghost Protocol but I really liked this one.

My family really liked this movie as well but the final crash/fight scene was WAY over the top...

The Seven Ups

Excellent cast all 'round, and a great companion piece to The French Connection ... Roy Scheider, as always, was great

0*pm6OfMh4jdy6Y7Nm.jpg

I haven't seen that movie since the seventies. I remember a car chase that ends up with Roy Scheider crashing into the back of a semi-trailer.

According to the commentary, a lot of that car case was filmed guerrilla style, without permits .. and a few of the crew came close to serious injury when a parked car's door was clipped and went flying into where they were filming ..

Roy Scheider had quite a run with The French Connection, Jaws, 7 Ups, Sorcerer -

And Blue Thunder. Not a cinematic masterpiece but a fun diversion with some well-staged helicopter scenes.

• Like 2

The Seven Ups

0*pm6OfMh4jdy6Y7Nm.jpg

Marathon Man is up next, probably for Friday ... I've never seen it before

Edited by Lucas

The Seven Ups

0*pm6OfMh4jdy6Y7Nm.jpg

Marathon Man is up next, probably for Friday ... I've never seen it before

Prepare to be creeped out by Sir Laurence.

“Is it safe?”

• Like 1

Marathon Man is set for Saturday with some friends

Tonight, it was the nasty little Les Diabioliques inspired Crucible Of Horror

1971 .. No gore to speak of, and more psychological drama than straight horror, but this movie would never fly today if it were released now ...

crucible-of-horror-aka-the-corpse-sharon-gurney-1971-_E5_N93_F.jpg

Incredibles 2.

Albeit slow in parts in the first half, it’s still highly enjoyable and smart. Those action scenes are at least as good and often better than any live action or animated film or show in that genre. Also, great use of existing characters and intro of new ones.

Hope to see a part 3 somewhere down the road.

Grade: B+

(I’d give Incredibles 1 an A+ btw)

Incredibles 2.

Albeit slow in parts in the first half, it’s still highly enjoyable and smart. Those action scenes are at least as good and often better than any live action or animated film or show in that genre. Also, great use of existing characters and intro of new ones.

It was very entertaining, but it didn’t have the brilliant dialogue and thought-provoking themes that the original had. The villain’s identity was too easy to deduce. Predictably, Jack-Jack stole the show, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. :)

Incredibles 2.

It was very entertaining, but it didn’t have the brilliant dialogue and thought-provoking themes that the original had. The villain’s identity was too easy to deduce. Predictably, Jack-Jack stole the show, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. :)

The villain...

I was partly wrong about who it was because I assumed it was a bro & sis villain team-up

wow, this one does not disappoint .. what a great movie - Dustin Hoffman is fantastic, Roy Scheider, again, is excellent .. William DeVane, Sir Lawrence - brilliant

The French Connection, 7 Ups, Sorcerer, Marathon Man all within the past few weeks, and all top shelf stuff

I'll be continuing the Roy Scheiderthon next week with a little one called Jaws

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3

Charley Varrick [8/10]

Matthau takes over for Eastwood. And it works.

I saw this one once by chance years ago and loved it .. Up to that point, I had never even heard of it, but Walter Matthau and Andrew "Scorpio" Robinson were great