last movie you watched

sonicjams

The Crazies (2010).

Not as bad as I expected. But it is pretty much a by the numbers survivalist/zombie type flick...even though there aren't any zombies in it. And though it was a B-movie, it didn't feel too much like one and had maybe just a couple of really cheesy, dumb scenes in it.

Grade: C

Far better than the original!

Yeah? I haven't seen the original. But after I saw this one I read the reviews. Apparently, this remake has gotten a lot more positive reviews from critics and audiences and now you. Pretty sure I can skip the original.

Saw this movie at a special event in London with a Q&A by Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero. I also met Tommy and got a picture taken with him. He's a prototype, I can tell you that! :D

For any fans of The Room you have to this one too.

Hoping it gets the Rifftrax treatment just because of its connection to The Room. I am so looking forward to The Disaster Artist.

• Like 1

The Crazies (2010).

Not as bad as I expected. But it is pretty much a by the numbers survivalist/zombie type flick...even though there aren't any zombies in it. And though it was a B-movie, it didn't feel too much like one and had maybe just a couple of really cheesy, dumb scenes in it.

Grade: C

Far better than the original!

Yeah? I haven't seen the original. But after I saw this one I read the reviews. Apparently, this remake has gotten a lot more positive reviews from critics and audiences and now you. Pretty sure I can skip the original.

The original is worth watching, if for nothing else the fact that you can see Dawn Of The Dead on the horizon

It's George using locals and is enjoyable enough

• Like 1

220px-Movie_poster_for_%22The_Professionals%22.jpg

Claudia Cardinale! :wub:

http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7459/13065087524_9a546a7f2f_b.jpg

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/a2/f8/41/a2f84195dd1c5ecab45c3a9e0e764330--claudia-cardinale-actresses.jpg

Robust!

And I do emphasize the second syllable of that word!

I give the movie two thumbs up. :ebert: :outtahere:

[in all seriousness, it's a really good movie. Lee Marvin and Burt Lancaster are excellent, as is Ms. Cardinale]

Saw this movie at a special event in London with a Q&A by Tommy Wiseau and Greg Sestero. I also met Tommy and got a picture taken with him. He's a prototype, I can tell you that! :D

For any fans of The Room you have to this one too.

http://youtu.be/ZLSgfjKbYCc

Hoping it gets the Rifftrax treatment just because of its connection to The Room. I am so looking forward to The Disaster Artist.

Me too. The trailer where he tries to get the line 37+ times is hilarious.

"I hit her" :LOL:

• Like 1

220px-Movie_poster_for_%22The_Professionals%22.jpg

Claudia Cardinale! :wub:

http://farm8.static.flickr.com/7459/13065087524_9a546a7f2f_b.jpg

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/a2/f8/41/a2f84195dd1c5ecab45c3a9e0e764330--claudia-cardinale-actresses.jpg

Robust!

And I do emphasize the second syllable of that word!

4a9c73663d908a6651424302145b1713--claudia-cardinale-powerful-women.jpg

:wub:

• Like 2

Alien_Covenant_Teaser_Poster.jpg

I liked this one.

There's a certain elegant visual aesthetic to the Prometheus movies, that the earlier Alien movies lacked. A more complete use of Giger's world, not just the alien itself, but all the world around it.

I liked this one.

There's a certain elegant visual aesthetic to the Prometheus movies, that the earlier Alien movies lacked. A more complete use of Giger's world, not just the alien itself, but all the world around it.

I fully agree!!! I really liked this one, it's much better than Prometheus.

I liked this one.

I fully agree!!! I really liked this one, it's much better than Prometheus.

Covenant still hasn't arrived here. I'll probably watch it (no thanks to Prometheus). I liked the first hour or so of Prometheus but it got worse and worse the closer it got to the end. Especially the last half hour was a big let down.

JB, I remember how bad Prometheus was, and this one expands the story and somewhat redeems the mistakes of the first one. And it's probably the most graphic one of all Alien movies - although part II or III was really out there in terms of gore and violence too. I can't remember which one was it.
  • Like 1

http://www.crescenttheater.com/files/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Quad_AW_32462-Wind-River-e1501442990166.jpg

A good movie, I liked it. It was quite dark, however. (I knew that going into it.)

One thing that bothered me was the text at the beginning of the movie that said, "Based on actual events."

After the movie, I tried to find the specific case it was based on and instead I found this interview with writer/director Taylor Sheridan on NPR:

TAYLOR SHERIDAN: Thanks for having me.

SIMON: And I gather this film is based on an actual story.

SHERIDAN: It's based on thousands of actual stories just like it.

SIMON: How so?

SHERIDAN: This issue with sexual assault against women on the reservation - I mean, it's existed since the inception of a reservation system. But, really, in the past 15, 20 years, it's exploded. And it gets no attention, which is the motivation for writing the film.

SIMON: Women who are - to understand it, I guess we have to say bluntly - sexually assaulted, raped and then disappear - sometimes found, sometimes not.

SHERIDAN: Yes, that's correct.

So it's not based on "actual events" any more than most movies are based on actual events. Still, a decent movie though and it does give you something to think about.

• Like 1

http://www.crescenttheater.com/files/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Quad_AW_32462-Wind-River-e1501442990166.jpg

A good movie, I liked it. It was quite dark, however. (I knew that going into it.)

One thing that bothered me was the text at the beginning of the movie that said, "Based on actual events."

After the movie, I tried to find the specific case it was based on and instead I found this interview with writer/director Taylor Sheridan on NPR:

TAYLOR SHERIDAN: Thanks for having me.

SIMON: And I gather this film is based on an actual story.

SHERIDAN: It's based on thousands of actual stories just like it.

SIMON: How so?

SHERIDAN: This issue with sexual assault against women on the reservation - I mean, it's existed since the inception of a reservation system. But, really, in the past 15, 20 years, it's exploded. And it gets no attention, which is the motivation for writing the film.

SIMON: Women who are - to understand it, I guess we have to say bluntly - sexually assaulted, raped and then disappear - sometimes found, sometimes not.

SHERIDAN: Yes, that's correct.

So it's not based on "actual events" any more than most movies are based on actual events. Still, a decent movie though and it does give you something to think about.

Maybe there's a difference between "based on actual events" and "based on a true story". I can imagine them being the same or different depending on how I'd like to think.