last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://img.moviepostershop.com/oldboy-movie-poster-2003-1020263711.jpg

Didn't see that one but the Spike Lee remake with Josh Brolin was garbage. Spike Lee CAN be good and I like Brolin but nope, that was a letdown.

I was a little disappointed with Oldboy, but I loved Lady Vengeance

Rod, what did you think ??

Choi Min-sik was pretty incredible in I Saw The Devil

Didn't see that one but the Spike Lee remake with Josh Brolin was garbage. Spike Lee CAN be good and I like Brolin but nope, that was a letdown.

I liked Oldboy, but Lady Vengeance takes it to a whole new level. I need to watch it again...and what was the name of the third film off that trilogy?

The Spike Lee one is awful, I can't believe the studio let it be released. Just awful.

And I've had a digital copy of I saw the Devil for years, but still haven't seen it!

• Like 1

This is all a bit "chick flick" "Arty Farty" "High Brow" stuff for me. Like saying....

"Oh yes I have a real appreciation of the work of Jean Luc Goddard and soo love European films in black and white with subtitles that make NOO sense at all"

Can we please get back to some normal blue collar more "manly" films that us guys can go to a bar to watch and drink beer and talk about muscle cars together about.

Of course you have to realise I am being provocative and ironic and satirical and just trying to provoke a reaction.

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Please no insults involving 4 letter words. Any other insults are most welcome and thoroughly deserved :hail: :hail:

Love

Stevie XX :P :P :P ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Like 1

http://img.www3.hp-ez.com/img/2616/img_f20130916-211601.jpg

50 years old this August. A classic. :clap:

Sometimes I forget how good Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger both were in that! Saw him in "To Sir With Love" last month and was telling my daughter he was the original Denzel.

• Like 3

Sometimes I forget how good Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger both were in that!

Both fantastic performances. :yes:
  • Like 2

Sometimes I forget how good Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger both were in that! Saw him in "To Sir With Love" last month and was telling my daughter he was the original Denzel.

About half an hour into watching this I thought how Denzel must've been deeply influenced by Poitier

• Like 1

Sometimes I forget how good Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger both were in that!

Both fantastic performances. :yes:

Poitier's a cool dude as usual but Steiger's on fire in this!

• Like 1

About half an hour into watching this I thought how Denzel must've been deeply influenced by Poitier

Yeah, I was thinking that also during To Sir With Love, although it's a somewhat lighter movie.

• Like 2

Yeah, I was thinking that also during To Sir With Love, although it's a somewhat lighter movie.

I've never seen that.

I just found out that he directed Stir Crazy and Hanky Panky. I was so young when I saw those two flicks 30 or whatever years ago that it wouldn't have crossed my mind that Poitier was the director. Seems weird knowing that after having just finished In The Heat of the Night.

• Like 1

I liked Oldboy, but Lady Vengeance takes it to a whole new level. I need to watch it again...and what was the name of the third film off that trilogy?

The Spike Lee one is awful, I can't believe the studio let it be released. Just awful.

And I've had a digital copy of I saw the Devil for years, but still haven't seen it!

Yep, Lady Vengeance was the third installment .. And I didn't even know there was an Oldboy remake

.. and Rod, definitely watch I Saw The Devil ... It is an incredible film - it is right up there with Lady Vengeance, maybe even better

This is all a bit "chick flick" "Arty Farty" "High Brow" stuff for me. Like saying....

"Oh yes I have a real appreciation of the work of Jean Luc Goddard and soo love European films in black and white with subtitles that make NOO sense at all"

Can we please get back to some normal blue collar more "manly" films that us guys can go to a bar to watch and drink beer and talk about muscle cars together about.

Of course you have to realise I am being provocative and ironic and satirical and just trying to provoke a reaction.

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Please no insults involving 4 letter words. Any other insults are most welcome and thoroughly deserved :hail: :hail:

Love

Steve, examples please

In the meantime, watch I Saw The Devil and get back to me .. We'll discuss this one man-to-man

• Like 1

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Love

Steve, examples please

In the meantime, watch I Saw The Devil and get back to me .. We'll discuss this one man-to-man

Well Lucas I was being ironic (slightly) it just seems that a lot of the posts on this thread are like "Well I know more obscure and more intelligent films than you!"

Anyway that is just my inferiority complex coming through and the fact that I am so uncultured and not sophisticated (no irony or sarcasm meant)

Ok I will stick up for the blue collar lads

Firstly I am not a fan of anything involving Sly or Segal or Brucey W

Arnie is well.... he is just Arnie an has a certain charm.

I like blokes films, but good ones OK.

Great Escape

Magnificent 7

Cool Hand Luke

Butch and Sundance

The Sting

Shawshank

Bullit

All the Dirty Harry stuff

High Plains Drifter

Coogans Run and Bluff

Gran Torino

Get Carter (the original)

Italian Job (the original)

Lock Stock and two smoking

Whicker Man (the original)

Local Hero

All the Sergio Leone stuf

Duel

Jaws

The Bounty (with Gibson and Hopkins)

Deerhunter (bit cheesy at times but OK)

Godfather 1 and 2

Is that enough to be going along with?

Steve

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Love

Steve, examples please

I would ask that you don't use the term "Man to Man"

Perhaps "Steve I will give you a good slap" might be better

• Like 1

(Or am I?)

You decide?

Love

Steve, examples please

Well Lucas I was being ironic (slightly) it just seems that a lot of the posts on this thread are like "Well I know more obscure and more intelligent films than you!"

Anyway that is just my inferiority complex coming through and the fact that I am so uncultured and not sophisticated (no irony or sarcasm meant)

Ok I will stick up for the blue collar lads

Firstly I am not a fan of anything involving Sly or Segal or Brucey W

Arnie is well.... he is just Arnie an has a certain charm.

I like blokes films, but good ones OK.

Great Escape

Magnificent 7

Cool Hand Luke

Butch and Sundance

The Sting

Shawshank

Bullit

All the Dirty Harry stuff

High Plains Drifter

Coogans Run and Bluff

Gran Torino

Get Carter (the original)

Italian Job (the original)

Lock Stock and two smoking

Whicker Man (the original)

Local Hero

All the Sergio Leone stuf

Duel

Jaws

The Bounty (with Gibson and Hopkins)

Deerhunter (bit cheesy at times but OK)

Godfather 1 and 2

Is that enough to be going along with?

Steve

These were the movies people talked about on the page in which you were originally being ironic and mentioning "arty farty", "chick flicks", and "high brow":

Trainspotting

Moana

Scream

Nightmare on Elm Street

Friday the 13th

Psycho

Hellraiser

Carrie

Oldboy

Beauty and the Beast

Lady Vengeance

I Saw the Devil

The Devil Wears Prada

Oldboy (Spike Lee remake)

There's only one possible chick flick in there but I don't see anything arty farty or high brow. Nearly all of those are mainstream movies. Or, at least, they grew to become super popular over the decades.

[Disclaimer: There's nothing to be offended by in my post. There's also nothing to apologize for just in case the thought crossed your mind.]

• Like 1

At the risk of being called an "artsy film fan", I´ll post what I watched yesterday:

The_Great_Beauty_poster.jpg

This one won the Oscar for best foreign film in 2014, and talks about a man in his mid to late 60´s trying to find some sense in life after years of a debauchery and indulgence in Rome. Stallone and Segal, beware!!!

• Like 4

At the risk of being called an "artsy film fan", I´ll post what I watched yesterday:

The_Great_Beauty_poster.jpg

This one won the Oscar for best foreign film in 2014, and talks about a man in his mid to late 60´s trying to find some sense in life after years of a debauchery and indulgence in Rome. Stallone and Segal, beware!!!

Please do not be sarcastic Rod

I respect that you intelligent and like this film xxx

What the hell Steve?

What do you mean by "what the hell!"

I just explain myself Segue

Please explain????

This thread is simple: last movie you watched. And...I don't get your tangent it's annoying. We all just enjoy what we enjoy.