last movie you watched

sonicjams

Minions. 5 minutes in it was overkill.

I love animaton.

I hate that whole entire franchise.

I thought the first movie was kind of cute. Second was not nearly as good as the first. This was just too much.

Its odd because I love the equally trashy Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs films (honestly I have no idea why but they are on my hyperactive wavelength), but Despicable Me just...annoys the hell out of me.

I preferred Megamind from Dreamworks.

I am such a big kid haha!

I've seen Megamind. Not bad but kind of forgettable. Everyone needs to keep their internal child alive. Keeps you young.

I really liked Megamind because it felt a bit like a throwback to those cheesy 80's kiddy sci-fi films like Flight Of The Navigator and others...just silly harmless fun.

Speaking of cheesy 80s films, I hated everyone in Neverending Story. Everyone. Atreyu, Bastion, the little Empress, the Luck Dragon, the Rock Giant, that midget on the racing snail, that giant turtle looking thing that sneezes on Atreyu...all of them. But I like to hate it. That's apparent.

I love animaton.

I thought the first movie was kind of cute. Second was not nearly as good as the first. This was just too much.

Its odd because I love the equally trashy Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs films (honestly I have no idea why but they are on my hyperactive wavelength), but Despicable Me just...annoys the hell out of me.

I've seen Megamind. Not bad but kind of forgettable. Everyone needs to keep their internal child alive. Keeps you young.

I really liked Megamind because it felt a bit like a throwback to those cheesy 80's kiddy sci-fi films like Flight Of The Navigator and others...just silly harmless fun.

Speaking of cheesy 80s films, I hated everyone in Neverending Story. Everyone. Atreyu, Bastion, the little Empress, the Luck Dragon, the Rock Giant, that midget on the racing snail, that giant turtle looking thing that sneezes on Atreyu...all of them. But I like to hate it. That's apparent.

How old were you when you first saw it?

I was enchanted by it as a youngster. I even loved the book, which recently had an updated English translation.

• Like 1

"What's Eating Gilbert Grape"

I hate being young and not up to date in media because I've lived my whole life without knowing gems like this. It was brilliant and almost brought me to tears. Why it took me so long to find, I'll never know.

• Like 1

I hate being young and not up to date in media because I've lived my whole life without knowing gems like this. It was brilliant and almost brought me to tears. Why it took me so long to find, I'll never know.

We had to watch this film in an English class. We had to watch a film with deep emotions and then rewrite key scenes in as much detail and emotion as possible.

I love animaton.

It came out in '84 and I saw it on HBO shortly after so I was 12. To be fair though, I didn't hate it that first viewing. I was curious enough to know how it'd end...but even that first time I didn't like that whole bit of "Say my name! Bastian! Say my name!" I started to hate it after the 2nd viewing (still age 12). It just always seemed to be on at friends' houses.

I love animaton.

It came out in '84 and I saw it on HBO shortly after so I was 12. To be fair though, I didn't hate it that first viewing. I was curious enough to know how it'd end...but even that first time I didn't like that whole bit of "Say my name! Bastian! Say my name!" I started to hate it after the 2nd viewing (still age 12). It just always seemed to be on at friends' houses.

Aww...I like it but like so many nostalgic movies I can admit if I hadn't seen them when I was aged four and over I could imagine hating them.

I saw Hook again last year and was amazed by how terrible it was...not the classic kids movie I remember!

I love animaton.

Aww...I like it but like so many nostalgic movies I can admit if I hadn't seen them when I was aged four and over I could imagine hating them.

I saw Hook again last year and was amazed by how terrible it was...not the classic kids movie I remember!

Ahhh Hook...I was already in college by then so I skipped it and have kept on skipping it.

I'm trying to think of some movies I saw when I was 5 or so (in the late 70s) that I loved/liked but thought was rubbish years later. Nothing is coming to mind immediately but there must be something I'm forgetting.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

We had to watch this film in an English class. We had to watch a film with deep emotions and then rewrite key scenes in as much detail and emotion as possible.

Sounds like it would ruin the impact. Similar to the effect of liking books a lot less when you have to read them as an assignment than if you read them on your own volition.

• Like 1

Sounds like it would ruin the impact. Similar to the effect of liking books a lot less when you have to read them as an assignment than if you read them on your own volition.

I actually liked the film. Oddly enough...the entire class of 13 year old were gripped, I think mostly because it was odd seeing Johnny Depp and Leonardo DiCaprio in early roles (this was around the time of the first Pirates film, and I think most kids around that time still revered Titanic as we were around 8 when it came out).

Odd but it went down a treat. I remember even our teacher being surprised by that.

• Like 1

I love animaton.

Not sure it's an age thing. I was probably 26 or 27 before I saw it. I thought it was cute and unique. I liked the style of it.

I love animaton.

I was 11 when that came out so I saw it. Like the previously mentioned Neverending on HBO, I taped Hook off Showtime a year later and watched it after 6th grade class every day.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/masonry/000/616/605/697.jpg

Bull..........ock

Haha! I thought she was a really odd choice for the part.

Bull..........ock

Didn't see it. I thought the first one was ok. But the second one was such a big drop (though not a complete fail) that I skipped Minions.

Bull..........ock

Didn't see it. I thought the first one was ok. But the second one was such a big drop (though not a complete fail) that I skipped Minions.

Trust me, it's really tedious. I watched the whole thing just to see what happened. It wasn't horrible, it was just too much of the same thing.

• Like 1

Bull..........ock

Trust me, it's really tedious. I watched the whole thing just to see what happened. It wasn't horrible, it was just too much of the same thing.

Sounds like part 2. Yeah, I'm skipping it.

• Like 1

Bull..........ock

Sounds like part 2. Yeah, I'm skipping it.

Good idea. I only watched it because it just got added to Netflix.

http://media.cleveland.com/ent_impact_movies/photo/the-master-24edvdmaster-14306365jpg-8dde28e2cb0f1310.jpg

Phoenix and Hoffman are the only things that matter here. Joaquin's body and face even seem contorted when he's standing and walking which make you feel he's on the verge of losing it. Righteous performances.

• Like 2

http://media.cleveland.com/ent_impact_movies/photo/the-master-24edvdmaster-14306365jpg-8dde28e2cb0f1310.jpg

Phoenix and Hoffman are the only things that matter here. Joaquin's body and face even seem contorted when he's standing and walking which make you feel he's on the verge of losing it. Righteous performances.

That poster is giving me life right now.

What a gorgeous image! I almost mistook it for a much older film with the same name!

What a gorgeous image! I almost mistook it for a much older film with the same name!

Oh, you like Amy Adams, right? She's good in this too.

• Like 1

Oh, you like Amy Adams, right? She's good in this too.

I do!

I will so this soon.

• Like 1

Interstellar

I can't decide if this was genius or piffle. It's either a 10 or a 0. It blew me away but wow is it overblown...

Either way, it was a slow and absorbing film with great performances and stunning production. I loved it but I sort of think maybe it was too preposterous for its own good.

Genius and pretentious. A great mix.

But...you need to see it for yourself. I can't work out what I feel about it...strange.

I will be seeing this one again, either way.

(I had nothing else to do as I am currently all shades of sick).