last movie you watched

sonicjams

Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind.

So much live for this film!

Manga is amazing as well.

It has been a couple of years since I last sat down to watch this...

• Like 1

I'm doing a Miyazaki marathon. I've watched Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, and now Nausicaa. Tonight I think I'll do Howl's Moving Castle.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Kilo Two Bravo - OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Afghan Flick just released on netflix. It's frikin harrowing. Caught myself holding my breath many times. Almost to tense 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/images_zpsism0j4js.jpg

Edited by alphseeker

I'm doing a Miyazaki marathon. I've watched Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, and now Nausicaa. Tonight I think I'll do Howl's Moving Castle.

All excellent! I love almost everything he has done. But the four you have chosen are the best of the best! Add Spirited Away and Laputa and you have my top six!

All excellent! I love almost everything he has done. But the four you have chosen are the best of the best! Add Spirited Away and Laputa and you have my top six!

Same here. :) Spirited Away will be next. I don't own Laputa (but I've rented it) so I need to go pick that up.

Same here. :) Spirited Away will be next. I don't own Laputa (but I've rented it) so I need to go pick that up.

Laputa is my favourite. It reminds me of golden age Hollywood adventure movies and the likes of Indian Jones...as retold through the crazy mind of Miyazaki.

His vision is just beautiful. The film means a lot to me.

• Like 1

Laputa is my favourite. It reminds me of golden age Hollywood adventure movies and the likes of Indian Jones...as retold through the crazy mind of Miyazaki.

Only thing I wish is that they had shown more of the castle once they got there. Of what it was like when it was up and running. It was so sad to see it all in ruins.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Only thing I wish is that they had shown more of the castle once they got there. Of what it was like when it was up and running. It was so sad to see it all in ruins.

I never felt disatisfied with the length of time...but I wouldn't say I disagree that more time old have been spent.

It is one of his most beautiful and human movies. I adore Nausicaa to death as well. The manga improved things! The film doesn't lose appeal when compared to the book either. It stands perfectly on its own without the Manga.

I do often think Spirited Away is overrated. But then again, for most western fans it was their first taste. And what a treat it was!

• Like 1

Eddie The Eagle

Saw this at the cinema today. Outstanding British sports comedy, in the same vein as Billy Elliott and many other nineties classics.

A rare 10/10 for me. Not given one of these out to a modern, non-animated film for a very long time.

• Like 1

The 5th Wave

Sci fi film with a good idea that went nowhere.

Think Hunger Games meets Divergent meets Independence Day with a hot teenage blonde chick trying to save the earth.

42 minutes of pretty good film, and 1 hour and 10 minutes of, come on dudes, we have seen this before

On the bright side Ray Donovan and Peter from Office Space are in it

Rating is 2 pieces of :pizza: :pizza: out of 5