last movie you watched

sonicjams

Chinatown - It is such an excellent movie; I get something different from it every time I see it. Really well directed by Roman Polanski and awesome performance by Jack Nicholson before he started being a parody of himself.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/51rT9lQ-GUL._AA160_.jpg

I've seen it many times. Did you like the follow up, The Two Jakes?
  • Like 1

Chinatown - It is such an excellent movie; I get something different from it every time I see it. Really well directed by Roman Polanski and awesome performance by Jack Nicholson before he started being a parody of himself.

I have actually never seen it. After seeing this again, I was thinking I might watch it since the script is by the same screenwriter. Is it worth a look? I know critics were disappointed that it took so long and then wasn't as good but I was thinking it still might be interesting.

• Like 1

I have actually never seen it. After seeing this again, I was thinking I might watch it since the script is by the same screenwriter. Is it worth a look? I know critics were disappointed that it took so long and then wasn't as good but I was thinking it still might be interesting.

Worth a watch, I think. Very deliberate pace, but I like that kind of thing.
  • Like 1

Worth a watch, I think. Very deliberate pace, but I like that kind of thing.

Sounds like a good one!

Just saw "Limitless" with Robert de Niro and Bradley Cooper. Great movie!

I love this film! Seen it several times now!

Just saw "Limitless" with Robert de Niro and Bradley Cooper. Great movie!

I love this film! Seen it several times now!

Not sure why I decided to quote from a five year old post..

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/curriculum/Martian-movie-matt-damon-blog.jpg

4 previous Ridley Scott flicks I'd put somewhere between "below average" to "awful".

Not this time.

The Martian was a very good, entertaining movie. Good pacing.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Saw Deadpool today. I loved the self aware humor of it and how it's kind of a playful middle finger to typical Disney Marvel.

That's kind of funny considering 20th Century Fox hasn't made more than 2 or 3 good X-Men films + all 3 terrible Fantastic Four flicks.

Ah well, I'm not much of a Deadpool fan anyway. Everything about him is a derivative from other characters: personality, powers, breaking through the 4th wall self-awareness, & even the costume.

This'll be a DVD rental at most. :blaze:

• Like 2

Saw Deadpool today. I loved the self aware humor of it and how it's kind of a playful middle finger to typical Disney Marvel.

That's kind of funny considering 20th Century Fox hasn't made more than 2 or 3 good X-Men films + all 3 terrible Fantastic Four flicks.

Ah well, I'm not much of a Deadpool fan anyway. Everything about him is a derivative from other characters: personality, powers, breaking through the 4th wall self-awareness, & even the costume.

This'll be a DVD rental at most. :blaze:

Agreed.

"Let's mock Disney! People will love this and then forget the embarrassing mistakes me put out!"

• Like 1

The_Revenant_2015_film_poster.jpg

Amazing! Went to see it last night and I highly recommend it. The bear scene will blow your mind. Beautiful cinematography. Great acting, sets, costumes. Epic!

I couldn't agree with you more Cowtothesky. After my co-intern motivated me into finally watching it, I went to see it Friday night and I'm still in awe over it. I'm going to be very upset if it doesn't win at least a few Oscars this year.

• Like 1

Ring (2002)

Ring 2 (2005)

Interesting thought that I only just realized: Naomi Watts, the lead actress in both the movies is the daughter of the late Peter Watts, former roadie of Pink Floyd.

Edited by Babycat
  • Like 1

Ring (2002)

Ring 2 (2005)

Interesting thought that I only just realized: Naomi Watts, the lead actress in bot the movies is the daughter of the late Peter Watts, former roadie of Pink Floyd.

"Roadie" sounds less than what he did. But yeah, he was Floyd's road manager for a time. Among other things, he also provided his voice on several occasions...one being that laughter in Brain Damage. Depressing way he passed.

The_Revenant_2015_film_poster.jpg

Amazing! Went to see it last night and I highly recommend it. The bear scene will blow your mind. Beautiful cinematography. Great acting, sets, costumes. Epic!

Really difficult watch at times but, my god, it's a tour de force. Di Caprio is fantastic in it. Cinematography is stunning. Couldn't understand a word Tom Hardy said ������

Good thing I watched it with subtitles!

Ring (2002)

Ring 2 (2005)

Interesting thought that I only just realized: Naomi Watts, the lead actress in both the movies is the daughter of the late Peter Watts, former roadie of Pink Floyd.

"Roadie" sounds less than what he did. But yeah, he was Floyd's road manager for a time. Among other things, he also provided his voice on several occasions...one being that laughter in Brain Damage. Depressing way he passed.

I knew there was something I missed out there... yeah, road manager. What a way to go at the age of 30... :(