last movie you watched

sonicjams

Theoretically it´s not a movie, but heres´what I´ve been watching:

http://www.cinemadetalhado.com.br/wp-content/uploads/51am9iIA0TL._SX500_.jpg

And I saw this one today:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Cloudy_with_a_chance_of_meatballs_theataposter.jpg

Columbo - Murder By The Book

Who plays the villain in that one?

It's Jack Cassidy (sp?).

It's the one where there is a pair of mystery writers who collaborate in writing whodunnits. Long story short, one (talented, does all the writing) wants to break out on his own so the other (lazy, hack writer) kills him off.

It's a good early one.

Jack Cassidy! Yeah he was good at playing a sneaky bad guy!

I think he did two of those, the hack mystery writer one and the hack magician one...

He was actually the baddie in 3 Columbo films. Murder By The Book, Now You See Him (in which he was The Great Santini, a magician who was a Nazi war criminal, that's the one you mentioned above) and Publish or Perish, in which he played another author. He kills Mickey Spillane (sp?) in that one.

He really is a good movie villain is our Jack.

Yeah he's also very good in The Eiger Sanction, the mountain climbing spy thriller with Clint Eastwood and George Kennedy, as a slightly camp sneaky bad guy.

• Like 1

Rango. Watched Django Unchained just a couple of weeks ago. :LOL: Both about as entertaining and very similar. Edited by EagleMoon

http://www.movieposterstudio.com/pimg/CarryOnMatron_GB1.jpg

That one is the best 70's Carry on Film I'd say, and the second best is the other one with Kenneth Cope in, Carry on at Your Convenience.

That one is the best 70's Carry on Film I'd say, and the second best is the other one with Kenneth Cope in, Carry on at Your Convenience.

Is that the one with the strike at the toilet factory?

Yeah, it was good seeing Kenneth Cope.

Columbo Goes To College.

I love that one. At first I was unsure about the two killers, but I think it works, because no other killers in the history of the show underestimate Columbo as much as these college kids... and it's great watching them realise they've been outsmarted.

Also, it's great to see three-time Columbo killer Robert Culp show up again.

• Like 2

Columbo Goes To College.

I love that one. At first I was unsure about the two killers, but I think it works, because no other killers in the history of the show underestimate Columbo as much as these college kids... and it's great watching them realise they've been outsmarted.

Absolutely agree. This is possibly my favourite "later" Columbo film (the other that runs it close is Murder,Smoke & Shadows). The two killers are very good at pretending to be All American kids whilst really being thoroughly nasty & amoral underneath.

Great to see Robert Culp in there too, that was his 4th Columbo in total as you say. One of my favourite baddies.

Also a great opening theme song by Ambrosia called Poor Rich Boy which sets the scene well. I think it was on the Arthur soundtrack originally.

Edited by Turbine Freight

Is that the one with the strike at the toilet factory?

Yeah, it was good seeing Kenneth Cope.

Yeah that's the one. I used to really like him in Randall and Hopkirk.

Columbo Goes To College.

I like Robert Culp in that football one where he's like in the director's box watching the game and scheming to set up murder.

• Like 1

Just finished watching this. Giant Robots vs Giant Monsters. What's not to like?

http://www.pacificrimmovie.net/wp-content/uploads/Pacific-Rim-Movie-Poster-Gipsy-Danger1.jpg

• Like 1

Columbo Goes To College.

I like Robert Culp in that football one where he's like in the director's box watching the game and scheming to set up murder.

Yeah, that's a good one.

I think the first Columbo I ever saw was the one with Robert Culp where he puts the subliminal pictures in the movie to make the guy thirsty...then Columbo uses the same trick on him at the end, so that he leads him to the evidence.

• Like 3

Scrooged. Hahahahahahahaha! Brilliant fun!
  • Like 1

Columbo Goes To College.

Yeah, that's a good one.

I think the first Columbo I ever saw was the one with Robert Culp where he puts the subliminal pictures in the movie to make the guy thirsty...then Columbo uses the same trick on him at the end, so that he leads him to the evidence.

Two of my favourite Columbo movies. The football one is The Most Crucial Game & the subliminal cuts one is Double Exposure. Robert Culp is my fave Columbo baddie. Great stuff.

• Like 1