last movie you watched

sonicjams

Django Unchained. Pretty entertaining but not a "must see". Over the top as expected. Not for the squeamish. 3 stars

i just can't take Leo seriously in roles where he plays an actual grown man. I'd cast him as a cabin boy in every film if he worked for my film company. :hail:

Django Unchained. Pretty entertaining but not a "must see". Over the top as expected. Not for the squeamish. 3 stars

i just can't take Leo seriously in roles where he plays an actual grown man. I'd cast him as a cabin boy in every film if he worked for my film company. :hail:

:LOL:

There aren't ANY movies with him in it that you liked? Gilbert Grape? Basketball Diaries? Departed?

Maybe DiCaprio to you is like Brad Pitt to me. I like Tarantino and Inglourious Basterds got tons of praise but I dislike Pitt so much that I skipped it entirely. Oh well.

There aren't ANY movies with him in it that you liked? Gilbert Grape? Basketball Diaries? Departed?

Maybe DiCaprio to you is like Brad Pitt to me. I like Tarantino and Inglourious Basterds got tons of praise but I dislike Pitt so much that I skipped it entirely. Oh well.

The Quick and the Dead, I thought he was fine as the cocky gunslinger and brat of Gene Hackman.

I'm not so big on Brad Pitt either, I think he's either wooden as a rocking horse or overacts Nick cage style, but there are a few films where he plays a part that suits him. Usually though I like Brad Pitt films because of someone else. Se7en is film where Brad Pitt fits and contributes to a good film, but the best performances come from Spacey and Morgan Freeman. Fight club was ok, Ed Norton made the film though. Inglourious Basterds I didn't like at all and Brad Pitt's character was like an annoying cartoon character.

Poor Leo, I recently saw Letterman ragging on him.

What was he saying?

What was he saying?

With SLJ on, just saying or inferring how LD wasn't convincing in that role. Funny. It's prob up on YT, you should check it out :D

What was he saying?

With SLJ on, just saying or inferring how LD wasn't convincing in that role. Funny. It's prob up on YT, you should check it out :D

"You could snap that guy like a twig"?

He should rag on him for the announcement of Jay Z scoring that Great Gatsby today. I wish I was joking about this terrible news. That movie looks like a trainwreck anyways.

Jay Z, you are no Rza.

He should rag on him for the announcement of Jay Z scoring that Great Gatsby today. I wish I was joking about this terrible news. That movie looks like a trainwreck anyways.

Jay Z, you are no Rza.

Right. I know I won't be seeing it.

Jay Z, you are no Rza.

Is he scoring the entire film? Are you upset that it's Jay Z or that it's that style of music?

The Quick and the Dead, I thought he was fine as the cocky gunslinger and brat of Gene Hackman.

I'm not so big on Brad Pitt either, I think he's either wooden as a rocking horse or overacts Nick cage style, but there are a few films where he plays a part that suits him. Usually though I like Brad Pitt films because of someone else. Se7en is film where Brad Pitt fits and contributes to a good film, but the best performances come from Spacey and Morgan Freeman. Fight club was ok, Ed Norton made the film though. Inglourious Basterds I didn't like at all and Brad Pitt's character was like an annoying cartoon character.

Hit the nail on the head with the Pitt & rocking horse and Cage comments.

Pitt's in the upcoming World War Z flick (a very fun and interesting book) but I just might have to skip it because of him.

Hit the nail on the head with the Pitt & rocking horse and Cage comments.

Pitt's in the upcoming World War Z flick (a very fun and interesting book) but I just might have to skip it because of him.

Talk of the devil...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8f/Drive_Angry_Poster.jpg

This is the kind of film Cage does well; he basically shoots and punches his way through the whole thing and there's no place in the script for any of his ridiculous outbursts. Not bad.

Jay Z, you are no Rza.

Is he scoring the entire film? Are you upset that it's Jay Z or that it's that style of music?

Not a fan of his music but my problem is that it doesn't fit the style of period setting for Gatsby and he is scoring the film.

Ted

"You can sing any 90s song with just vowels." :LOL:

The Cabin in the Woods. :D

My daughter and her boyfriend watched it last night. She was hiding under the blanket most of the time. Great idea for a movie, and a nice nod to some of the classic Twilight Zone plotlines. The movie script was pretty clever a lot of the time, and it was complex effects-wise. Check the end credits for the number of stuntmen used. :o