last movie you watched

sonicjams

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Oct 24 2012, 06:24 AM)
Aliens on Blu-ray last night. I've seen it about 5,000 times and it never gets old. In the age-old Alien vs. Aliens debate I've always maintained that I love them almost equally, but if I was really forced to choose.....Aliens.

Game over man!

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 24 2012, 05:56 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 24 2012, 03:51 PM)
http://sharetv.org/images/posters/white_noise_2005.jpg

What'd you think of it?

Well like you said it was slightly weird. I think that in the end it didn't really work, a lot didn't add up. The three ghosts killed people, they killed the fat dude, I assume, and they definitely killed Mike so why did they need the construction guy to kill people for them? Why did the woman jump out of the window? He could see the future so why didn't he see himself getting killed? Or did he?And what was Keaton's wife warning him about anyway? In the end she got him killed! If he'd not listened to her in the beginning none of that shit would have happened, he'd have been fine! And that's the moral of the story don't listen to your dead wife if she warns you about anything through your broken down TV!

ohmy.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (condemned2bfree @ Oct 24 2012, 03:39 PM)
parenthood laugh.gif

Paranormal activity 4, more like waiting for activity schla03.gif

Should have bought a ticket for Sinister instead. I haven't seen it yet but it has a 7.2 rating on IMDB compared to 4.7 for Paranormal 4.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 24 2012, 11:03 AM)
Saw Gran Torino this weekend, I didn't know what to think going in, but I really enjoyed the movie.

A real range of emotions...but a very solid movie!

The Rifftrax guys (formerly the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys) took a shot at this one tonight in Nashville (it was broadcast to theaters around the country).

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/Birdemic.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z437/drbirdsong/NashvillePostcard-BIRDEMIC.jpg

This movie easily takes the title for worst movie of the 21st Century (so far). The Rifftrax guys tore into it and had the entire theater rolling in the aisles. I have met them each time they come to Nashville to do the show and this time they all hugged me and demanded I take a photo with them. A fun time was had by all.

http://www.rifftrax.com/

The official trailer:

Spoofed on The Soup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfsZ8NS03g0&feature=related

And finally the featured song. It was hard to find to a good clip, but you'll get the idea (if you don't claw your eyes out).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/04/Crown_A.jpg/220px-Crown_A.jpg

Stylish and nicely shot but the plot makes no sense and the whole thing is just not believable. The way Faye Dunaway's character figures the whole thing out in about 5 minutes after she takes the case and knows it was Crown as soon as she sees his picture, I just can't buy it. And there's not much added to the story after that just a pretty unlikely love affair and an even more unlikely, under the circumstances, second heist...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Man_from_the_Future.jpg

It's not bad at all. The actress is sexy and convincing, while the lead male is just so over the top you get to hate him after 5 minutes. Becomes clunky towards the end, but if you like time travel stories you might give it a try.

http://ilovewerewolves.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/never_cry_wolf_movie_poster2_scifi.jpg

An almost frame by frame rip-off of Fright Night, only a werewolf instead of a vampire and a big game hunter actor instead of a vampire hunter actor. Low budget, cheap, hackneyed, nowhere near as well acted or in the same league as the original film, but funny in places especially Kevin Sorbo as the cowardly big game hunter.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8f/Hider_in_the_House_FilmPoster.jpeg

Gary Busey stars as a maniac released from a hospital who breaks into a family's new home and hides in the attic. Somehow the owners, Mimi Rogers and Michael McKean, don't notice that he's living up there, clumsily trudging about, climbing through windows, raiding the fridge at night and listening in on the intercom. Only the dog seems to know he's there...until he kills it...and then the exterminator... When Busey hears through the intercom that McKean is planning an extra-marital liaison he sets him up by giving the info to Mimi, thus leaving the way clear for Busey to step in and take over! ohmy.gif laugh.gif Crispin Glover's dad (the villain in Diamonds are Forever) is good in this as he tries to out-weird Busey as a nosy neighbour.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 25 2012, 04:02 AM)

What'd you think of it?

Well like you said it was slightly weird. I think that in the end it didn't really work, a lot didn't add up. The three ghosts killed people, they killed the fat dude, I assume, and they definitely killed Mike so why did they need the construction guy to kill people for them? Why did the woman jump out of the window? He could see the future so why didn't he see himself getting killed? Or did he?And what was Keaton's wife warning him about anyway? In the end she got him killed! If he'd not listened to her in the beginning none of that shit would have happened, he'd have been fine! And that's the moral of the story don't listen to your dead wife if she warns you about anything through your broken down TV!

ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, I watched the dvd commentary with Keaton and the director. The director was saying that the "Go! Go now!" balls from Keaton's wife meant "Get out of there!"....well, why the f**k didn't she say THAT instead?!!! laugh.gif

The blind medium that was BRIEFLY in there explained what the movie MEANT to do i.e. Keaton was misreading the messages and he didn't know what he was getting into. I think the construction guy was in the same position as Keaton (as a result of the messages) EXCEPT that the contruction guy was doing evil instead of good. But yeah, that angle didn't work. The idea of ghostly messages through tech is interesting but yeah, overall the movie didn't work all that well.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Oct 24 2012, 11:24 PM)
Aliens on Blu-ray last night. I've seen it about 5,000 times and it never gets old. In the age-old Alien vs. Aliens debate I've always maintained that I love them almost equally, but if I was really forced to choose.....Aliens.

Both great movies but I prefer the horror of one big scary alien over a dozen space marines blasting hundreds of those insects.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 27 2012, 03:44 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Oct 24 2012, 11:24 PM)

Both great movies but I prefer the horror of one big scary alien over a dozen space marines blasting hundreds of those insects.

Yeah I prefer the first one, but both are excellent...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 27 2012, 03:40 AM)

What'd you think of it?

ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, I watched the dvd commentary with Keaton and the director. The director was saying that the "Go! Go now!" balls from Keaton's wife meant "Get out of there!"....well, why the f**k didn't she say THAT instead?!!! laugh.gif

The blind medium that was BRIEFLY in there explained what the movie MEANT to do i.e. Keaton was misreading the messages and he didn't know what he was getting into. I think the construction guy was in the same position as Keaton (as a result of the messages) EXCEPT that the contruction guy was doing evil instead of good. But yeah, that angle didn't work. The idea of ghostly messages through tech is interesting but yeah, overall the movie didn't work all that well.

What I wanted to know was how did the fat guy know from what we heard and saw that it was Keaton's wife. It could have been anyone talking about anything and anyone. It would have taken him months to figure it out, maybe years, but he was right there about two days after they found the body.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 27 2012, 06:32 PM)

What'd you think of it?

ohmy.gif laugh.gif

What I wanted to know was how did the fat guy know from what we heard and saw that it was Keaton's wife. It could have been anyone talking about anything and anyone. It would have taken him months to figure it out, maybe years, but he was right there about two days after they found the body.

Yeah, I don't know exactly. But Keaton figured stuff out pretty damn quickly. And so did that detective at the end of the flick...hell, he figured out basically everything in about 10 minutes. One thing is certain: that fat guy had the "I'm going to die in this film" sign on his forehead from when Keaton first confronted him outside his office.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 27 2012, 04:45 AM)

What'd you think of it?

ohmy.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, I don't know exactly. But Keaton figured stuff out pretty damn quickly. And so did that detective at the end of the flick...hell, he figured out basically everything in about 10 minutes. One thing is certain: that fat guy had the "I'm going to die in this film" sign on his forehead from when Keaton first confronted him outside his office.

I thought Keaton was gonna kick his ass to death when he got across that street! laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 27 2012, 06:55 PM)

What'd you think of it?

ohmy.gif laugh.gif

I thought Keaton was gonna kick his ass to death when he got across that street! laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Speaking of Keaton and since you're on a movie kick at the moment, go watch Pacific Heights. That flick will make you wanna kick Keaton's ass. Interesting little thriller which also stars Matthew Modine & Melanie Griffith.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 27 2012, 05:11 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 27 2012, 06:55 PM)

What'd you think of it?

ohmy.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Speaking of Keaton and since you're on a movie kick at the moment, go watch Pacific Heights. That flick will make you wanna kick Keaton's ass. Interesting little thriller which also stars Matthew Modine & Melanie Griffith.

Yeah I have seen that a few times and Keaton is at his devious best as the cocky home-wrecking villain. It may be worth watching again, it's been a while, certainly since the 90s...

I have to admit I kind of sided with Keaton towards the end, I think it's Matthew Modine, he bugs the shit out of me at times...I couldn't see Mel and Modine as a couple really either...good flick though...