Exit... Stage Right

Steel Rat

It's a string quartet tribute to some of Rush's best song.

Check it out at http://www.rusharchives.com/news/string_tribute.shtml

• Like 1

biggrin.gif I listened to the previews... it made me smile

Guest St. Thomas Aquinas
I bought this when it came out. It is not too bad actually. I have to be in a certain listening mood for it though.

QUOTE (rushnutz @ May 23 2005, 10:28 AM)
2112? Mine doesn't have 2112 on it!

I've heard the 2112 one and i was genuinly impressed. As am I by this group cool.gif

I love that 'Tom Sawyer' clip! I never imagined an awesome guitar solo working so well on a violin biggrin.gif

I have this also , pretty good overall "YYZ" sounds like Itzhak Perllman doing a yiddish hoe down! Highly enjoyable, Also i always thought "Jacobs Ladder" would be good set to a classical arrangement. Like others on the forum i would like to see the music of RUSH with full orchestration. smile.gif

Ya... I found this at the mall here as I was getting ready to see "Star Wars; Revenge of the Sith" last night with my cousins and uncle. My uncle told me not to get it, 'cus it was too expensive there at $18 >_>

I was debating between four different albums I needed to get from there; Hold Your Fire ($13), Caress of Steel ($13), Hemispheres ($13) and this album. Which one do you think I shoulda bought? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ May 23 2005, 01:22 PM)
Ya... I found this at the mall here as I was getting ready to see "Star Wars; Revenge of the Sith" last night with my cousins and uncle. My uncle told me not to get it, 'cus it was too expensive there at $18 >_>

I was debating between four different albums I needed to get from there; Hold Your Fire ($13), Caress of Steel ($13), Hemispheres ($13) and this album. Which one do you think I shoulda bought? biggrin.gif

If you still have more studio albums to get (especially their best one, Caress), then f**k the string tribute. Get the albums and THEN maybe get the tribute stuff.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 23 2005, 05:47 PM)

If you still have more studio albums to get (especially their best one, Caress), then f**k the string tribute. Get the albums and THEN maybe get the tribute stuff.

Well, I've already heard every song enough to sing along. My brothers have all the albums...

So I figured I wanted to hear something more interesting.

It's interesting allright!

Maybe not as odd as "CoS"(incidentally, my third fave album)but as tribute albums go at least there is a bit of thought gone into it.

Go out and buy it now-you'll cream when you hear "The Trees". cat.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 23 2005, 05:47 PM)

Indeed. Definetely get all of their studio albums first. You're missing out. trink39.gif

QUOTE (callmejim @ May 23 2005, 10:25 AM)
I love this, i mean,who'd have thought it?
I'm so tempted by the 2112 thing as well-does anyone know if it's done by the same chap? icon_alienjig.gif

Those albums are by Todd Mark Rubinstein, who's a huge Rush fan and a really nice guy. In addition to Exit...Stage Right (ESL lineup) and 2112, he has a piano tribute on the way. And he plays most of the instruments on the albums.

http://www.tmrpro.com

great to play drums to no percussion on this album

I'll check it out for this reason!