Time Machine Theatre Problems

Drummerrobin

I saw the Time Machine film in my local cinema (Reading, UK) a couple of days ago. I thought the film was fantastic, possibly Rush's best live coverage yet - the crowd is great and the band is absolutely on fire!

The only problem was that for the whole second half, the audio and video were completely out of sync with the picture being around 2 seconds ahead of the audio - particularly evident when Neil played the big drum fills! We all got refunds and the cinema staff said that it was a fault with the film and there was nothing they could do to prevent it. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I also went to see it in Reading on Tuesday, the lack of synch was really annoying, didn't realise they gave out refunds afterwards.

The other odd thing i noticed was that throughout the show there was one particular camera angle that was always blurred, i'm assuming it was to do wth the projection system and not the dvd

Was still a great night and very impressed with the production, I think it will prove to be one of the best live dvds ever captured

I'm curious - Why are people complaining about syncing issue with audio and video?

This seemed to be an issue with the Snakes & Arrows DVD as well for some.

How does audio and video go out of sync on a concert film?

Is the other older Rush concert videos this way as well?

I think a lot of it comes down to the machines playing the concert, not the actually movie or DVD itself.

If the guys in Rush view/hear the final result and they cannot detect syncing problems with audio and video, what's up with that?

Edited by RushFanForever

The showing I saw on the 26th had that problem, though it was only really bad during the introduction piece and was only a few frames off every now and then during the concert itself. The showing last night, at a different theatre, was perfect. Looked and sounded great!