Grimm on NBC

Presto-a RUSH fan!

Grimm just started on NBC on Friday. They are replaying the pilot on Tuesday, Nov 1st on SyFy channel @ 7pm. The sad thing is it's normal night is on Friday against Fringe so it NBC will probably cancel it like they do every show that doesn't perform immediatly, but it is an amazing show. I love the premise.

Here is a link to get the low down on it: Grimm Homepage on NBC

Finally watched it last night after I DVR'd it from last week.

It wasn't bad...need to see a couple more episodes to see if I will stick with it.

I gotta tell you...personally, I am getting very spoiled on the high quality shows from FX and AMC, etc. Network shows just really suck so if they don't live up to the same standards they're done with me.

I watched it. Too soon to say if I will stay with it but the first episode was pretty good.

I was meaning to DVR it but I forogt. The promos did make it look interesting. I'll record the replay of the pilot and see if it's worth watching or not.

The replay being shown on SyFy might be a good thing if NBC decided to cancel it. They could always move it over there where all the geeks will watch it no matter what day and time it's on biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Khan @ Oct 31 2011, 07:32 AM)
Finally watched it last night after I DVR'd it from last week.
It wasn't bad...need to see a couple more episodes to see if I will stick with it.
I gotta tell you...personally, I am getting very spoiled on the high quality shows from FX and AMC, etc. Network shows just really suck so if they don't live up to the same standards they're done with me.

I couldn't agree more about the networks sucking. I hope Grimm lives up to the first episode and more so that they stick with it. But that whole thing about it being re-aired on syfy is cool so maybe if NBC cancels it they will move it there.

But come on...give it a chance...putting it up against Fringe on Fridays? Same demo. Grimm is doomed to stay on NBC.

banghead.gif

We watched it because it is filmed in Portland, and thought it was a lot of fun. But yeah it's up against Fringe. Will just have to watch one later.

Well I just caught up to the current episode and they are saying it's coming back in December.

That said, this show is ok. As far as Network shows go, it's great. But that is just because the networks suck balls. It's a decent little show with a nice little story line. Sometimes it's cheesy, but the premise keeps me watching. I compare this show to Terra Nova. A decent network show. Sometimes you see something interesting. I like this show because it's plot. If this show was on AMC or FX with the same plot, but their writers, directors and actors, it would be a great show. But with network tv, it is what it is.

I'll keep watching, but it's one of those shows that usually piles up on my dvr and not because I want to see 2 episodes in one night, but because I just haven't gotten the time or the interest to watch it right away.

I would like to see what it's building to but I doubt this is gonna make a season 2 so like all network shows, I go into it with low expectations and even if I think it's amazing, I don't get to attached because most likely they will cancel it.

I loved Combat Hospital. It was such a good show with a great view of what not just the US soldiers go thru in Afganistan but all the coalition forces. Of course, because some of the main characters were Canadian, it didn't fly in the US. Not only did they cancel it, the just skipped an episode right toward the end so your like...wtf is going on? What did I miss. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen to this one and it's just half as good as Combat Hospital was.

Anyone still watching this?

I just watched the last 2 episodes after the mid-season break and I have to say I am still enjoying this show. It's not the quality of Fringe, what I feel is the best NETWORK show on TV, but it's pretty decent. I compare it to Terra Nova. Another network show with an interesting premise, sometimes it can be great, most the time cheesy, but still entertaining.

Each week it's interesting to learn about the different "Grimm" creatures and the lore behind them.

Funny thing about this show is it's the littlest things that bother me about it. Like the Asian cop who is at EVERY single crime scene. Day or night it doesn't matter. Evidentially the city of Portland, Oregon (at least in Grimm) has one regular cop who handles every case. There are bigger things wrong with the show but funny enough, they don't bother me as much as the little things like this.

Anyway, so anyone still watching and like this show?

I still have to watch this weeks episode but i'm enjoying the show so far. Like I said earlier in thread, I like that they're putting a new twist on the "creatures of the night" thing.

My favorite character is the "gone straight" warewolf played by Silas Weir Mitchell who helps out the Grimm with his knowledge of the various creatures and what they're like. I don't think it will be long before the Grimm has to reveal to his partner what he truely is. There's too many weird things going on for him to keep it under wraps for too much longer.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jan 23 2012, 10:50 AM)
I still have to watch this weeks episode but i'm enjoying the show so far. Like I said earlier in thread, I like that they're putting a new twist on the "creatures of the night" thing.

My favorite character is the "gone straight" warewolf played by Silas Weir Mitchell who helps out the Grimm with his knowledge of the various creatures and what they're like. I don't think it will be long before the Grimm has to reveal to his partner what he truely is. There's too many weird things going on for him to keep it under wraps for too much longer.

Yep, I agree, he is my favorite too. And the episode you are about to watch...well, your prediction may come true...or maybe not? I don't want to ruin it for you!!!