TMT Theatre Attendance?

FountainOfSyrinx

The attendance for the Documentary was insane. Two theatres in Hurst, Texas that were sold to the brim, with people spilling out and lining up to get a good seat, however, that was last summer. Now it's a Wednesday night, very late (8 PM), and it's a concert DVD, which they have very many of. What will the attendance (average, of course) be like around the country and all of the theatres? I can't imagine that it'll be great..

QUOTE (rushman321 @ Oct 26 2011, 11:21 PM)
20 in Hurst Texas. sad.gif

hey man, i was there! at Rave.. jamming in the very back.. ahhh. i was glad to see some people there smile.gif i didn't expect as many.

QUOTE (rushman321 @ Oct 26 2011, 11:36 PM)
Yep, you were right behind me. It's good to see younger kids that like RUSH.

i've got every song they've ever written known by heart! ever since i head "What You're Doing" when i was 3.. it's grown. But yeah i was lucky i got to go! I wouldn't have gone if the Rangers didn't get PPD.. because they might've won the whole thing tonight! and i saw the show 3 times.. but i got done with a round of golf at 7 and said what the hell, so i called my buddy and we decided to go, and it was time and money well spent. i love that setlist and the sound is good. i can't wait for the CD on November 8th!

Only about 30 on hand tonight in Birmingham (the Bama one, not UK). Considering the full house for the doc showing we attended, expected more would be there. But the doc was a very anticipated thing and something totally new for Rush...and, as someone else mentioned earlier, they've done several concert films. (although none as good as this one) Lot of fun, though. Good sushi & live Rush on the big screen made for a pretty good date with the wife...even with the semi-long drive.

The audience at my showing was very small, no more than fifteen people. But they were all Rush fans, the whole spectrum of ages, and they shared my enthusiasm for the movie (and the band). Quality over quantity. wink.gif

It may have been a tiny group, but they were part of one of the most epic nights I've had in a long while. I would have watched the premier of the concert film if it had not been on so late, and on a school night. This was my first time seeing the movie -- and now I want the DVD even more! laugh.gif

There were maybe 20-25 people who saw it here in Lincoln.

May have been more up in Omaha; not a whole lot of Lincolnites I know who went up there for the TMT - aside, of course, from the guy I sat next to.

But he and I rocked out with air drumming the WHOLE NIGHT. 1022.gif Eeeeepiiiiiiic!

About 20-25 in Auburn, NY, which isn't bad for outside of a small city (Syracuse). Like elsewhere, the fans were VERY intense - a bunch of guys were reminiscing back to the 70's, quoting song lyrics, and talking about having gone to Lakeside Park. Lots of audience participation during the movie - clapping, shouts of "awesome!", nodding and singing along. I even brought my 72-year-old mom along - she said "they're obviously all really talented, but what makes them special is how they play off each other". Indeed!

Met up with some fellow Rushgirls from here on the forum - I've been to a pre-show meetup before, but never here in my home town, so it was cool in that respect.

Did anyone else's showing have like a DVD menu before the movie started? We thought that was kinda funny wink.gif

Everyone kept saying they can't wait for the next concert! If I needed a reminder of why I'd give a lot to see these guys (which I hardly do), last night was a huge one! 2.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 27 2011, 09:19 PM)
About 20-25 in Auburn, NY, which isn't bad for outside of a small city (Syracuse). Like elsewhere, the fans were VERY intense - a bunch of guys were reminiscing back to the 70's, quoting song lyrics, and talking about having gone to Lakeside Park. Lots of audience participation during the movie - clapping, shouts of "awesome!", nodding and singing along. I even brought my 72-year-old mom along - she said "they're obviously all really talented, but what makes them special is how they play off each other". Indeed!

Met up with some fellow Rushgirls from here on the forum - I've been to a pre-show meetup before, but never here in my home town, so it was cool in that respect.

Did anyone else's showing have like a DVD menu before the movie started? We thought that was kinda funny wink.gif

Everyone kept saying they can't wait for the next concert! If I needed a reminder of why I'd give a lot to see these guys (which I hardly do), last night was a huge one! 2.gif

A nice pic of you ladies on the night of the movie, 1 of the 7; some BEAUTIFUL RUSH attire you're wearing, too!!!!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif I wish I could have been at your movie location, as I had to see the movie alone in Lincoln, Nebraska. sad.gif sad.gif It's okay, though; 'cause I had a RUSHING AWESOME TIME, anyway!!!!!!!!! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cheer.gif common001.gif common001.gif I LOVED the movie and can't wait for the DVD and CD!!!!!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Oct 27 2011, 02:36 PM)
There were maybe 20-25 people who saw it here in Lincoln.
May have been more up in Omaha; not a whole lot of Lincolnites I know who went up there for the TMT - aside, of course, from the guy I sat next to.

But he and I rocked out with air drumming the WHOLE NIGHT. 1022.gif Eeeeepiiiiiiic!

Christine, I'm so thrilled we both were at the movie Wednesday night!!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif trink39.gif I wish I would have known who you were, 'cause I would have come over to say "hello" to you, before or after the movie. yes.gif trink39.gif BTW, I was the short woman wearing a black leather jacket and a RUSH "EXPLOSION" T-shirt, sitting in the first row of Rush fans, on "Geddy's side". wink.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Oct 28 2011, 02:08 AM)

Acidently took one of the TM posters off the wall.

Accidentally on purpose !

Here in Phoenix , last Wednesday Oct 26th , attendance 55 ( out of 275 )

I decided to go see a Rock concert instead this night only cause I figured I would go the next week,

This Wednesday Nov 2nd ? ? ? ? ? ( we'll know in a few hours ! ) 653.gif

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (GotRush @ Nov 2 2011, 04:14 PM)

Here in Phoenix , last Wednesday Oct 26th , attendance 55 ( out of 275 )
I decided to go see a Rock concert instead this night only cause I figured I would go the next week,

This Wednesday Nov 2nd ? ? ? ? ? ( we'll know in a few hours ! )  653.gif

bekloppt.gif

OK, update

Phoenix area rocks ! ! ! ! 1022.gif

Another 55 or so Rush fans for 2nd week

I WON one of the prize's that KDKB 93.3 fm was giving out ( TM CD ) applaudit.gif

1 note,

Mens bathroom was just across from theater & they left the theater door open so you could hear the concert in the hallways,

And in the bathroom,

for a moment I thought I was at a Rush Concert ! ! !

So glad I took the night off & went, for die hard RUSH fans this was an EXCELLENT event yes.gif

bekloppt.gif

Just got back from the encore screening. Wow! The guys really were on full form in Cleveland. We didn't have 5.1 though, just the front and back speakers. Did anyone else happen to notice some issues with audio/video syncing? They were about a second or so, but there was some in the first half of the concert. Other than that, no complaints!

Just to add a figure in late, on the original showing date here in Redmond (suburb of Seattle) there was about 60 people. Great crowd; all hardcore Rush fans. Singing along, air drumming, constant cries to theatre management to "Turn it up!," which they ultimately did after Presto. Good times smile.gif