GBE Round 1, Match 3

Union 5-3992

Who shall advanc to the next round?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who shall advanc to the next round?

• Thin Lizzy
    • Deep Purple

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love both, truly, madly, deeply. And Philo was a shining light in my country when all was dark. Currently reading My Boy, by Phil's mum.

But, Purple. From the day I put In Rock on the turntable 25+ years ago, it's been some ride.

Purple it is.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Oct 23 2011, 02:20 PM)
I love both, truly, madly, deeply. And Philo was a shining light in my country when all was dark. Currently reading My Boy, by Phil's mum.

But, Purple. From the day I put In Rock on the turntable 25+ years ago, it's been some ride.

Purple it is.

Yeah I'm going to have to go with Purple too, overall there's just more stuff there to like...

trink38.gif

To me, this is a very interesting matchup as the bands are somewhat similar (in regards/comparison to all of the bands in this contest)

DP for me.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Oct 23 2011, 02:12 PM)
Purple, in any of its incarnations. Thin Lizzy is, IMO, one of the most overrated acts, ever.

You just lost all credibility. Nothing you say will mean anything to me for now on. I understand if you don't like Thin Lizzy but to call them "over rated"? you need to get your head checked buddy. Thin Lizzy is easily the most UNDER rated band there is. Here in USA everyone knows them as that band who plays "The Boys are Back in Town" and nothing more.

I think my vote is pretty obvious.

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Oct 23 2011, 10:05 PM)
Purple, in any of its incarnations.  Thin Lizzy is, IMO, one of the most overrated acts, ever.

You just lost all credibility. Nothing you say will mean anything to me for now on. I understand if you don't like Thin Lizzy but to call them "over rated"? you need to get your head checked buddy. Thin Lizzy is easily the most UNDER rated band there is. Here in USA everyone knows them as that band who plays "The Boys are Back in Town" and nothing more.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Xanadude69 @ Oct 23 2011, 08:05 PM)
Purple, in any of its incarnations.  Thin Lizzy is, IMO, one of the most overrated acts, ever.

69!

I love your fire and passion for Lizzy!! Damn it's 18-3 now. Lizzy is going to die yet another premature death.

Even the Yellow Pearl won't be able to save this poll.

I just got done listening to "Night Life." What a record! Talk about underrated!!

I think Deep Purple has become quite overrated and I love the Steve Morse MK version.

I saw DP a few years ago headline here in Concord and I was totally bored.

I get to see Thin Lizzy for my fifth time this Thursday. I am PUMPED!!!

It will never be the same without Phil, yet I get to tear up a bit watching the new Thin Lizzy MK.

Watching any Thin Lizzy in 2011 is better than NO Thin Lizzy!

I hope this MK of Lizzy will actually make a new record!

Deep Purple is old and stale now. Sorry, but it's Lizzy for me all the way to the grave.

Saw, you have broken my heart tonight.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Oct 23 2011, 06:07 PM)
To me, this is a very interesting matchup as the bands are somewhat similar (in regards/comparison to all of the bands in this contest)

DP for me.

It is a good match up. Lizzy is IT! Just because Deep Purple has a more extensive catalog doesn't mean they are better.

I have every DP album ever like most of you I bet, but man some of those records are terrible.

Signed,

"Slaves And Masters" and "The Battle Rages On"

Give me "Chinatown" and Renegade" instead!!

"Thunder And Lightning" blows away every Deep Purple album except for "Burn."

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 23 2011, 11:34 PM)

DP for me.

It is a good match up. Lizzy is IT! Just because Deep Purple has a more extensive catalog doesn't mean they are better.

I have every DP album ever like most of you I bet, but man some of those records are terrible.

Signed,

Naaa I can't agree with that Earl. Thunder and Lightning is a solid outing for Lizzy but better than In Rock, Machine Head, Fireball, Stormbringer? No chance.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 24 2011, 12:19 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 23 2011, 11:34 PM)

DP for me.

Signed,

Naaa I can't agree with that Earl. Thunder and Lightning is a solid outing for Lizzy but better than In Rock, Machine Head, Fireball, Stormbringer? No chance.

Wow buddy!

You and I usually agree on everything in music!

What a twist!

"Thunder And Lightning" blows away all Deep Purple albums!!

Thin Lizzy blows Deep Purple away period!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif