American Horror Story

Tick

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 7 2011, 07:57 PM)
WHOA!

Did not see that coming.

***SPOILER***

I love that Violet is now a ghost in the house and that she actually died in the previous episode.

I'm curious about the burned man's wife. She said something to the effect of his time is coming up. Is that maybe one reason why he turned himself in? To ensure he wouldn't die in the house?

***SPOILER***

Why is Moira the only ghost who has aged? How is this even possible? She should still be seen young by both men and women since she was young when she died.

Opinions: Do we still need to use "SPOILER" alerts?

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 7 2011, 11:51 PM)
WHOA!

Did not see that coming.

***SPOILER***

I love that Violet is now a ghost in the house and that she actually died in the previous episode.

I'm curious about the burned man's wife. She said something to the effect of his time is coming up. Is that maybe one reason why he turned himself in? To ensure he wouldn't die in the house?

Wasn't her overdose at least 2 episodes ago, I'm thinking even 4 episodes ago?

Yeah....how is Moira seen as aged? She told Ben he's beginning to "see things clearly"...maybe the ghosts age and waste away but even they don't know it? Kind of like a Dorian Grey thang goin' on in Devil House?

As for spoilers: if you're hopping into the 8th page of a discussion of an ongoing tv show then you're begging to be spoiled. So if you do so then sack it up and don't whine.

Yeah, we don't need the spolier alerts here anymore. The same with the Dexter thread that is 20 something pages deep now. I think it's just dumb to come into a thread about a particular show and have spoiler alerts when the thread title gives away what we're discussing.

I always figured Violet was gonna die and stay in the house to be with Tate but the way it was revealed was done very well. When we found out that she died the night she took all those pills I felt kind of stupid that I didn't see that coming. Thinking back on that episode it shoudl've been obvious to us that she overdosed and died considering how many she took. I remember saying to myself when that happened "how the hell is she still alive?" Well, i've got my answer now.

Jessica Lange has been great so far but she really stoled the episode last night. That was her best performance so far on the show.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 8 2011, 06:17 AM)
WHOA!

Did not see that coming.

***SPOILER***

As for spoilers: if you're hopping into the 8th page of a discussion of an ongoing tv show then you're begging to be spoiled. So if you do so then sack it up and don't whine.

THANK YOU! I was getting so tired of the *spoilers* thing.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 8 2011, 08:30 AM)
Yeah, we don't need the spolier alerts here anymore. The same with the Dexter thread that is 20 something pages deep now. I think it's just dumb to come into a thread about a particular show and have spoiler alerts when the thread title gives away what we're discussing.

I always figured Violet was gonna die and stay in the house to be with Tate but the way it was revealed was done very well. When we found out that she died the night she took all those pills I felt kind of stupid that I didn't see that coming. Thinking back on that episode it shoudl've been obvious to us that she overdosed and died considering how many she took. I remember saying to myself when that happened "how the hell is she still alive?" Well, i've got my answer now.

Jessica Lange has been great so far but she really stoled the episode last night. That was her best performance so far on the show.

The best part was when she excused herself from Tate in the attic so she could run a warm bath and light candles... isn't that how she died? Wait, did she take the pills in her room and then Tate took her to the bathtub? Might have to revisit that episode. I also love when she started to suspect something was wrong when she tried screaming for help outside of the house yet no one heard her and how she kept running out the front door only to enter through the back door. Brilliant! They did a great job with her death.

And yes, Jessica Lange was wonderful in this last episode. She is simply amazing.

Question: How can a ghost man get a human pregnant but a human can't get a ghost pregnant? Remember when Hayden was boning Lange's young lover in the basement? He said he came inside and her response was, "Don't worry. I can't get pregnant."

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 8 2011, 09:27 AM)
No, Violet (a few episodes back) overdosed on pills and Tate found her and dragged her into the tub and tried to revive her.

Maybe Hayden was pregnant by Ben when she died...so perhaps she's eternally knocked up?

OH! Yes. Eternally knocked up. This makes sense. Good thinking. laugh.gif

This last episode explained the issue with the boy in the attic and the fire.

Constance was indeed living in the house at the time of the boy's murder. The man was not burned in the fire that killed his children (which is where the timeline got all f'ed up). He was burned by Tate much later.

He's dying of cancer, so he has little to lose by going to prison, and paying for his crimes (in his own mind, anyway). We'll see if that's all there is. He seemed pretty intent on getting even with Constance.

That tea party scene with the little girls are burned...yikes. This show is seriously messed up!

laugh.gif

Love that the daughter has been dead this whole time. Now what's dad going to do once he wakes up (and smells the dead bodies under the floor)?

So many things happening. Such a fun show!

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 8 2011, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 8 2011, 06:17 AM)
WHOA!

Did not see that coming.

***SPOILER***

THANK YOU! I was getting so tired of the *spoilers* thing.

ranton.gif

I think you MUST have the spoiler warning 'Cuz I got spoiled this morning!!!

Nice spacing between the spoiler warning and what was new on the show....whopping one line...Think you could have the energy to press enter a couple more times?

The spoiler warning is necessary to people like me who don't see every episode the day it airs but still want to check up on topics they may have already commented on. And YES I know we are many pages into the thread and I know what the show is about, and the topic blah blah blah so how about for the sake of us who arent glued to our TV's but would still like to comment on the show we use the spoiler warning...oh yeah...and then make some space between your warning and the body of your post....sorry.

rantoff.gif

I see the point of not using the spoilers, but Invisible to Invisible To Telescopic Eye makes a good point. The thing for me is it only takes one second to do it. I personally will do it, but I don't care if no one else does. I never even go into a thread unless I am caught up.

Spoiler (damn that was hard) wink.gif

Yeah, this past episode was great. I wondered were Violet was the last episode and why she never seemed to be going to school. Well now we have that answer. There are so many moving pieces to this show and I love it. I LOVE the flashback scenes and I think we spoke about Addie not being on the show anymore, but with all the flashbacks, she isn't going anywhere soon. You can tell the writers really know the story, the timeline and everything that goes with it. That is why this show is so great. A great story. Amazing acting and I totally agree with Jessica Lange dominating!

As far as a ghost getting someone pregnant, in that house, it looks like anything goes. The ghosts can appear to anyone, which is really cool. Like when Hayden came out and told her sister and the cop she was fine.

I loved how Violet found out about herself. And like someone said, can't believe that went over my head. The thing I love is I have not one iota how this thing is gonna play out. Honestly, this show could go on forever. They could do entire episodes that occurred in the past. There are so many things they could do and so many possibilities.

Just a great show all around. This show has been on the same amount of episodes, actually I think one or two less, than The Walking Dead and they have developed about 20 or more characters and the show has been edge of your seat madness. I wish TWD had half as much drama as this show.

Oh and I agree with whoever said that the burned face guy wanted to not die in the house. That was his motivation for going to prison. But I gotta feeling he is gonna be back. The other funny thing was we were presented with 3 different reasons his face was burnt! First it was, he did it himself when he killed his family, then it was his wife, then it turns out ole Tate did it! You can't trust what you see on this show! I love it!

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 1 2011, 10:57 AM)
I liked last nights episode and thought it was interesting that they did their own take about how the black dahlia murder happened. Nobody really knows what happened so that case is always opened for interpritation. I wonder if she's gonna be a regular character now. I wouldn't mind another scene with her and the hot redhead on the couch again new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dr. Harmon doesn't know that Hayden's dead so that's why he's not questioning her about anything. What Moria said to him at the end about him now seeing things the way they are is the reason I think Hayden has become such a powerful spirit in a short time. She knew she was dead right away and saw things as the are in the house. For some reason I think that's what's made her so strong even though she hasn't been dead as long as the others. Hell, the black dahlia didn't even realize she was dead yet and she's been gone over 60 years.

The burned man isn't a ghost. We've seen him around other places besides the house. Is anyone else expecting the ghost of Constance's daughter to show up at some point? I know she wasn't killed in the house but it was right outside of it. So does that still count?

Yeah it's like there's more ghosts than people now. wacko.gif

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Dec 10 2011, 11:16 PM)
I liked last nights episode and thought it was interesting that they did their own take about how the black dahlia murder happened. Nobody really knows what happened so that case is always opened for interpritation. I wonder if she's gonna be a regular character now. I wouldn't mind another scene with her and the hot redhead on the couch again new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dr. Harmon doesn't know that Hayden's dead so that's why he's not questioning her about anything. What Moria said to him at the end about him now seeing things the way they are is the reason I think Hayden has become such a powerful spirit in a short time. She knew she was dead right away and saw things as the are in the house. For some reason I think that's what's made her so strong even though she hasn't been dead as long as the others. Hell, the black dahlia didn't even realize she was dead yet and she's been gone over 60 years.

The burned man isn't a ghost. We've seen him around other places besides the house. Is anyone else expecting the ghost of Constance's daughter to show up at some point? I know she wasn't killed in the house but it was right outside of it. So does that still count?

Yeah....next thing you know that's all the show is gonna be about. I hope it doesn't go the way of Hero's where everybody had a special power which killed the show and in AHS's case everyone becomes a ghost. Or at least there are so many ghosts you lose track of who is who.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Dec 11 2011, 03:31 PM)

Yeah....next thing you know that's all the show is gonna be about. I hope it doesn't go the way of Hero's where everybody had a special power which killed the show and in AHS's case everyone becomes a ghost. Or at least there are so many ghosts you lose track of who is who.

What if, in a few episodes down the road, we find out that the husband is a ghost? What if he really died when his wife shot him?

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 12 2011, 12:55 AM)

What if, in a few episodes down the road, we find out that the husband is a ghost? What if he really died when his wife shot him?

He has been able to leave the house after the shooting.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Dec 12 2011, 05:51 AM)

Has he? I don't recall if he left since the shooting or not. But then, wouldn't Tate know if he's dead or not?

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 12 2011, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Dec 12 2011, 05:51 AM)

Has he? I don't recall if he left since the shooting or not. But then, wouldn't Tate know if he's dead or not?

He visited his wife twice in the mental hospital after he was shot.

***SPOILER***

Why was Dr. Harmon huddled in the corner screaming about all these people in his house *while* standing over his wife, helping her during labor? I still say he may be dead, but does not know it and possibly his visits to the pysch ward are a figment of his imagination.

If he is alive, how in the world could he so easily blow off the disappearance of Violet from his car!? Saying she slipped out at a stopped light!? WTF!? I don't know. I say he's dead. Plus, after having been shot, Hayden seems to be leaving him alone. Of course, this doesn't explain anything involving Vivien.

I think it was fantastic that Violet banished Tate at the end. Wonder though if this will just make him even more violent.

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 15 2011, 12:56 AM)
***SPOILER***

Why was Dr. Harmon huddled in the corner screaming about all these people in his house *while* standing over his wife, helping her during labor? I still say he may be dead, but does not know it and possibly his visits to the pysch ward are a figment of his imagination.

If he is alive, how in the world could he so easily blow off the disappearance of Violet from his car!? Saying she slipped out at a stopped light!? WTF!? I don't know. I say he's dead. Plus, after having been shot, Hayden seems to be leaving him alone. Of course, this doesn't explain anything involving Vivien.

I think it was fantastic that Violet banished Tate at the end. Wonder though if this will just make him even more violent.

Spoiler:

Holy shit! First Violet and now Viv's dead too! I can't get enough of this show. I wonder where it's gonna go now that the whole family is pretty much dead( I'm with you in thinking that Ben's dead too). confused13.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 15 2011, 01:56 AM)
***SPOILER***

THAAAANK YOUUUU!!! hug2.gif

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Dec 15 2011, 01:07 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 15 2011, 12:56 AM)
***SPOILER***

Spoiler:

Holy shit! First Violet and now Viv's dead too! I can't get enough of this show. I wonder where it's gonna go now that the whole family is pretty much dead( I'm with you in thinking that Ben's dead too). confused13.gif

Yeah, after last night i'm certian that Ben is dead and he doesn't know it yet. In next weeks preview it showed Constance saying something to him about not seeing what's in front of him. That's probably what she's talking about. We saw that the annoying lady who was crying about her baby all the time get one of them so at least it looks like she'll stop crying about it now. It looks like there's gonna be a stuggle between Hayden and Constance as to who gets the other baby. That will certianly make for some good TV.

With Vivian, Violet and by the looks of it, Ben all being dead this will allow another family to move in next year I would think. I like that because it can keep the show fresh by adding in some new cast members while the old ones remain as ghosts. The show has just got to be careful about not overloading the cast because some characters will no doubt get lost in the shuffle if they add in too many.

Tate will find a way back in to the house. I don't believe you can ever get banished from there once you die in it. Plus, he's the reason for most of the chaos anyways so it wouldn't be the same without him.