American Horror Story

Tick

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Nov 26 2011, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 26 2011, 10:54 PM)
Hayden and Violet are turning me off of this show. I've fast forwarded through almost every single scene with Violet and found myself forwarding through Hayden's scenes during this recent episode.

HOWEVER! I really love the doctor's wife. The first doctor. His wife... the one her lost her baby.

Hey, wait a minute. The first owners were a doctor and housewife. The current owners are a doctor and housewife pair.

Interesting.

Really? Because I think Hayden is bringing the only comedic aspect to the show. Seeing her argue with the others is hilarious....well not hilarious but amusing!

***SPOILER***

I don't like how she was a minor character who we rarely saw and all of a sudden she was portrayed as having a major influence on the other ghosts in the house. She seemed insecure in life but is being shown as vindictive in death.

I want to see more of the first wife. What is her name again? And the doctor. The first couple started everything so I wish we saw more of them in the show.

This show is endlessly fascinating with some truly suspenseful scary moments and "horror". Great writing and excellent cast, however at times I wonder and hope the producers have a concrete idea were all of this heading.

They throw so much stuff in there with building up plots and explaining certain story lines by going back in time, things get confusing and trying to figure out who the hell is a ghost or not! laugh.gif Reminds me of another series I liked but overwhelmed itself and ended up cut short by HBO "Carnivale"

Possible Spoilers Ahead....hopefully everyone knows that by now!

laugh.gif

I'm terrible with character names too.

I wouldn't consider the housekeeper a minor character. She's been in some crazy scenes (like the poor guy who wanted to buy the house...ouch!)

I too hope there's a plan here. So much is going on, there's always a risk of losing structure for atmosphere.

Now we know the two guys were not a murder-suicide. Tate continues to act out. We also have good evidence he's the father of the twins.

And it's all about babies. From the abortion doctor, to the gay couple trying to adopt, to Constance and her lost children, to the dead pregnant mistress, to the current family.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Nov 27 2011, 09:07 AM)
And it's all about babies. From the abortion doctor, to the gay couple trying to adopt, to Constance and her lost children, to the dead pregnant mistress, to the current family.

***SPOILER***

One thing interesting about the gay couple is that Tate killed them because they were adopting. So, apparently, a baby needs to actually be created in the house??

How can a ghost get someone pregnant? Are they going to explain this? Does a ghost make a ghost baby?

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 27 2011, 03:09 PM)

***SPOILER***

One thing interesting about the gay couple is that Tate killed them because they were adopting. So, apparently, a baby needs to actually be created in the house??

How can a ghost get someone pregnant? Are they going to explain this? Does a ghost make a ghost baby?

It would be half-ghost.

They actually prefer "Ghost-American".

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Nov 27 2011, 06:11 PM)

***SPOILER***

It would be half-ghost.

Life Challenged-American is more appropriate.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 27 2011, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Nov 27 2011, 06:11 PM)

***SPOILER***

It would be half-ghost.

Life Challenged-American is more appropriate.

rofl3.gif

Ok, ok!

"Life Challenged."

laugh.gif

SPOILERS!!!

I just watched the last episode and I hate to say it, but I might be losing interest in the show. I like all of the characters and the story but (just like Lost) there are so many directions the story is going and I'm sure there are gonna be a ton of unanswered questions.

One scene I hated was the whole business after Vivian shot her husband. A security guard shows up and starts spewing personal info on the doc. The cops don't ask a single question of who the hell this security guard is. The security guard helps subdue a hysterical Viv and not to mention the guy is shot and all they do is slap a band aid on it???!!! That whole business sucked.

And then the whole preview of up coming event in the show. I said it before, I really hope it doesn't take a religious turn and wind up with some son of satan crap and the end of the world and all that garbage which seems top be the direction it's going to turn in.

Oh yeah...and when did dead girlfriend become such a powerful ghost? She's all of a sudden calling all the shots and Tate has become her bitch....WTF?

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Nov 28 2011, 11:49 AM)
Oh yeah...and when did dead girlfriend become such a powerful ghost? She's all of a sudden calling all the shots and Tate has become her bitch....WTF?

It makes sense to me why she's become so powerful given the circumstances of her death along with her unborn child. I think the reason Tate may be listening to her is because she's so angry he's afraid of what she might do to them or the house if they cross her. I like the character and the way she's been f*ckin with everyone in the house.

I really haven't been doing too much thinking about why this or that happens or what makes sense and what doesn't with this show. I'm just enjoying the insane ride it takes me on.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 28 2011, 10:32 AM)

It makes sense to me why she's become so powerful given the circumstances of her death along with her unborn child. I think the reason Tate may be listening to her is because she's so angry he's afraid of what she might do to them or the house if they cross her. I like the character and the way she's been f*ckin with everyone in the house.

I really haven't been doing too much thinking about why this or that happens or what makes sense and what doesn't with this show. I'm just enjoying the insane ride it takes me on.

Hayden did mention that Tate wanted to make the women of the house happy. He does have mommy issues. Still, I hate that she is the one who is becoming manipulative. I would have preferred Constance to take on that role.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 28 2011, 12:32 PM)

goodpost.gif Spoilers

I totally agree with everything you said. Especially loving the way the Hayden (girlfriend) is f-ing with everyone in the house. So far it's the only thing close to comedy in this thing, not that it needs any!

Unattractive Truth,

I agree...this all has to do with babies!

I just watched the last episode and I hate to say it, but I might be losing interest in the show. I like all of the characters and the story but (just like Lost) there are so many directions the story is going and I'm sure there are gonna be a ton of unanswered questions.

One scene I hated was the whole business after Vivian shot her husband. A security guard shows up and starts spewing personal info on the doc. The cops don't ask a single question of who the hell this security guard is. The security guard helps subdue a hysterical Viv and not to mention the guy is shot and all they do is slap a band aid on it???!!! That whole business sucked.

And then the whole preview of up coming event in the show. I said it before, I really hope it doesn't take a religious turn and wind up with some son of satan crap and the end of the world and all that garbage which seems top be the direction it's going to turn in.

Invisible To Telescopic Eye,

I have to disagree with too many directions...yet. I think J2112YYZ hit it on the head for me. And FX makes great tv so I don't think it will devolve into a "Lost" thing. In "Lost" it appeared they wanted to make it a one season or two season show and it devolved into adding a bunch of extra nonsense to extend it because it was popular. I can't see FX making that kind of mistake. At least I hope not!

But I do agree that whole couple scenes after Vivian shot her husband and then the cops and the security guard, that whole thing just didn't seem right. But there are not that many scenes like that in this show. The Walking Dead has at least 4 stupid scenes per episode. I can live with them pushing the story along like they do there.

And lastly, I have to think that this can't be an Omen type story line. I hope not. I want something new. I hope they don't go that way either.

And to everyone above the post above me and below my last post...great posts! Especially the whole

"Ghost-American"

"Life Challenged-American"

laugh.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 28 2011, 12:32 PM)

This... yes.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Nov 30 2011, 07:11 PM)
I am all caught up on just about all my shows so getting ready for some AHS tonight!!!! 49mins away! Of course I won't watch it then! DVR!!!

***SPOILER***

I have it on pause right now so I can build up commercial time. Just dinking around on the computer for a bit longer. Although I did watch the first few minutes and was disappointed to see Mena Suvari startin the first scene.

Just finished the episode.

It was good.

***SPOILER***

Why does Dr. Harmon not question seeing Hayden's ghost?

Is the burned man a ghost or not?

Did not like the Black Dahlia spin.

I was glad that Moira revealed herself as an old woman at the end.

The previews for next week look really good.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 30 2011, 11:11 PM)

It was good.

***SPOILER***

I liked the episode and I agree on some things. I didn't mind the black dahlia spin - I just can't really figure out why it was even in there? Now that Moira revealed herself to be an old women are we done seeing her as that smokin' hot redhead? I hope not! drool1.gif Anyways, to me this is still the best show on the tube right now. Jessica Lange is beyond awesome on the show.

QUOTE (Janie @ Nov 30 2011, 11:11 PM)

It was good.

***SPOILER***

Just finished this weeks episode. Loved it!

Spoilers

My answers to your questions (at least what I think)

Dr Harmon thinks that Hayden is alive. He thinks that the burned faced guy and her played a trick on him the night she was killed.

I don't believe the burned guy is ghost because when all the ghosts were talking about getting rid of Jessica Langes (Constance) boyfriend's body, Hayden said to Dr Montgomery(abortion Dr), "What...are you gonna drag him out of here Casper?" and then she said she knew someone who owed her a favor. The burned guy owed Hayden for killing her, and if I remember he even told her he owed her one. Then they show him out where the body was found. So my answer is no, the burned guy is not a ghost. Again, at least I think!

As far as the Black Dahlia spin, I freaking loved that! I love when any show inter-twines real history with fiction. As soon as she said "it's a Dahlia" in the beginning, I was like...heck yeah!

And lastly, I don't think Moira necessarily revealed herself, as much as Dr Harmon finally is seeing things the correct way, which is probably what you meant anyway.

All that said, I don't know about the whole anti-christ thing yet. I was against it going down that road, but what that "medium" said about when a new pope is chosen, he finds out how the world will end was a cool spin to it.

I am still into this show and I love the little things they throw in every week that surprise me. I loved that they incorporated the Black Dahlia. And now a Mr. Black Dahlia...I should have seen that coming when he kept saying he wanted to be famous.

What gets me is that the ghosts can kill and have sex, but it evidentially has to happen in the house. The funniest thing was that it seemed like Constance just wanted Dr Harmon there to help her son, Tate. I figured she was trying to help the house...er evil..whatever! But she just wanted to help Tate?? They are getting a little crazy on the number of ghosts in that house, but the way it looks there will be more!

And my other question is, why some ghosts seem to know what is going on, like Hayden, and some, Black Dahlia, don't have a clue. That I have no idea why.

What a gruesome episode!

Edited to add:

Oh and twins...with different fathers? I forgot about that! Jeesh...alot for one episode (and one post!)

Edited by Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 1 2011, 12:11 AM)

It was good.

***SPOILER***

I don't think the burned guy is a ghost 'cuz he has been seen and encountered many times outside of and away from the house. In the Halloween episode it was revealed that only on that night are ghosts allowed to roam freely away from the house until midnight or dawn of the next day or whatever it was.

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Dec 1 2011, 12:13 AM)
Now that Moira revealed herself to be an old women are we done seeing her as that smokin' hot redhead? I hope not! drool1.gif

Jessica Lange is beyond awesome on the show.

Words are not enough to express my admiration for Jessica Lange.

I think we'll see young Moira again... if a new man who comes around. Maybe the security cop will start showing up more and she'll have to seduce him. But then if she killed him and his ghost started inhabiting the house what a bummer that would be! Having a ghost cop busting all your haunting fun.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Dec 1 2011, 02:23 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 1 2011, 12:11 AM)

It was good.

***SPOILER***

I don't think the burned guy is a ghost 'cuz he has been seen and encountered many times outside of and away from the house. In the Halloween episode it was revealed that only on that night are ghosts allowed to roam freely away from the house until midnight or dawn of the next day or whatever it was.

***SPOILERS***

That's right which also answers PaRf's (parf... a giggled a little) question about why are the ghosts killing in the house. I forgot that they weren't allowed to leave the house except only on Halloween.

I almost wish the show would stop introducing new ghosts. I want to learn more about the twins and less about the story of a new ghost.

I liked last nights episode and thought it was interesting that they did their own take about how the black dahlia murder happened. Nobody really knows what happened so that case is always opened for interpritation. I wonder if she's gonna be a regular character now. I wouldn't mind another scene with her and the hot redhead on the couch again new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dr. Harmon doesn't know that Hayden's dead so that's why he's not questioning her about anything. What Moria said to him at the end about him now seeing things the way they are is the reason I think Hayden has become such a powerful spirit in a short time. She knew she was dead right away and saw things as the are in the house. For some reason I think that's what's made her so strong even though she hasn't been dead as long as the others. Hell, the black dahlia didn't even realize she was dead yet and she's been gone over 60 years.

The burned man isn't a ghost. We've seen him around other places besides the house. Is anyone else expecting the ghost of Constance's daughter to show up at some point? I know she wasn't killed in the house but it was right outside of it. So does that still count?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 1 2011, 07:57 AM)
I liked last nights episode and thought it was interesting that they did their own take about how the black dahlia murder happened. Nobody really knows what happened so that case is always opened for interpritation. I wonder if she's gonna be a regular character now. I wouldn't mind another scene with her and the hot redhead on the couch again new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Dr. Harmon doesn't know that Hayden's dead so that's why he's not questioning her about anything. What Moria said to him at the end about him now seeing things the way they are is the reason I think Hayden has become such a powerful spirit in a short time. She knew she was dead right away and saw things as the are in the house. For some reason I think that's what's made her so strong even though she hasn't been dead as long as the others. Hell, the black dahlia didn't even realize she was dead yet and she's been gone over 60 years.

The burned man isn't a ghost. We've seen him around other places besides the house. Is anyone else expecting the ghost of Constance's daughter to show up at some point? I know she wasn't killed in the house but it was right outside of it. So does that still count?

***SPOILERS***

I don't believe we'll see Adelaide again. When Addy was speaking through the medium, she said she was in a better place and that she's glad her mom didn't drag her to the house's lot because then she wouldn't have able to cross over.

We're still missing a fourth child from Constance, right? We've seen Tate, Beau and Addy but didn't she say she had four children? Or is this new baby supposed to be baby #4?

Re: Dr. Harmon and Hayden's ghost... didn't he witness the burned man striking her in the head and burying her?

QUOTE (Janie @ Dec 1 2011, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 1 2011, 07:57 AM)

***SPOILERS***

I don't believe we'll see Adelaide again. When Addy was speaking through the medium, she said she was in a better place and that she's glad her mom didn't drag her to the house's lot because then she wouldn't have able to cross over.

We're still missing a fourth child from Constance, right? We've seen Tate, Beau and Addy but didn't she say she had four children? Or is this new baby supposed to be baby #4?

Re: Dr. Harmon and Hayden's ghost... didn't he witness the burned man striking her in the head and burying her?

Spoilers

Janie,

You can laugh about PARF! Ghostworks (I think) called me that the first time being a smart ass and I couldn't stop laughing about it! I was actually thinking of changing my screen name to it. Go from the longest to the shortest!

As far as not seeing Addy again, I think you're right and that sucks. She was a great character and a great actress. Her scenes could be heart warming or freaking chilling! BUT...just as am typing this it just occurred to me that we will probably see her again because of all the flashbacks. So even though she probably won't be part of the plot going forward, I think we haven't seen the last of her on the show. Remember the first scene her character was in (younger version) when she warned those 2 little boys about going into the house, that was so creepy!

Invisible To Telescopic Eye,

Top notch! It went right over my head that they could leave on Halloween only! I remember the end of that episode when the sun is coming up and they are all walking back down the street to the house. That scene always stuck in my mind, meaning that they could leave the house, and it didn't dawn (pun intended!) on me that was because it was Halloween.

I remember that scene so clearly and it would confuse me from time to time thinking about the ghosts being able to leave the house. I was thinking they could leave, they just couldn't be seen or touch anyone, but in the house they could, all because of that scene. Top notch paying attention to detail...of course your screen name is Invisible To Telescopic Eye! applaudit.gif