American Horror Story

Tick

AMERICAN HORROR STORY MARATHON ON OCT 31ST @ 10PM!

Just wanted to let anyone who has heard about American Horror Story but hasn't been able to watch it, they are showing the first 4 episodes on Halloween, Monday Oct 31st starting at 10pm on FX. If you are at all interested, here is your chance to catch up on the first 4 episodes, then be all ready for this Wed's new episode.

So get those DVR's set. Trust me, if you love horror you HAVE to watch this series. And even if horror isn't your favorite, but you don't mind it, it is just a really good show that will keep you guessing.

scared.gif

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Oct 30 2011, 05:52 AM)

Just wanted to let anyone who has heard about American Horror Story but hasn't been able to watch it, they are showing the first 4 episodes on Halloween, Monday Oct 31st starting at 10pm on FX. If you are at all interested, here is your chance to catch up on the first 4 episodes, then be all ready for this Wed's new episode.

So get those DVR's set. Trust me, if you love horror you HAVE to watch this series. And even if horror isn't your favorite, but you don't mind it, it is just a really good show that will keep you guessing.

scared.gif

My cable system has it free on demand. I never watch any of the episodes on the night they air.

Just throwing that out there for those who have that option and don't even know it.

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 30 2011, 09:16 AM)
QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Oct 30 2011, 05:52 AM)

scared.gif

My cable system has it free on demand. I never watch any of the episodes on the night they air.

Just throwing that out there for those who have that option and don't even know it.

me too.

I watched the first four episodes today.

Very good. Creepy, bizarre, tense.

Jessica Lange is in full Blanche DuBois mode...

laugh.gif

Lots of interesting questions out there. I hope they don't get too convoluted with it all.

Now let's just hope DirecTV and Fox get their collective heads out of their asses....

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Oct 31 2011, 05:29 PM)
Now let's just hope DirecTV and Fox get their collective heads out of their asses....

They have. I figured they make a deal of some kind before the deadline. No station wants to take the veiwers and advertising hit that suspending the broadcast of a channel would bring.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Oct 30 2011, 04:52 AM)

scared.gif

I heard about the marathon last night and DVR'd the four episodes. Don't know when I'll be able to watch them all and get "caught up," but I've heard good things about the show. Horror really isn't my thing anymore, but I don't mind it. Besides, how gory could television horror be?

And I've also got DirecTV, so we'll see if FX is even still on the air next week. comp26.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 1 2011, 09:40 AM)

Horror really isn't my thing anymore, but I don't mind it. Besides, how gory could television horror be?

It could be as gory as FX wants it to be. They have no restrictions so this show goes wherever it wants to. Sex, violence, language, gore. Its all in there. Its not network TV.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 1 2011, 07:10 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 1 2011, 09:40 AM)

Horror really isn't my thing anymore, but I don't mind it.  Besides, how gory could television horror be?

It could be as gory as FX wants it to be. They have no restrictions so this show goes wherever it wants to. Sex, violence, language, gore. Its all in there. Its not network TV.

Correct.

It's rated TVMA, with extensive viewer warnings. There is nothing left out.

But it's more the bizarreness/creepiness/anxiety factor than the violence/gore. Many scenes are so tense you can actually feel it in your body.

And it's got more than its fair share of WTF? moments as well...

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Nov 1 2011, 12:15 PM)
But it's more the bizarreness/creepiness/anxiety factor than the violence/gore. Many scenes are so tense you can actually feel it in your body.

That's what I was hoping for. I'd rather have tension and suspense than gore.

And it's got more than its fair share of WTF? moments as well...

That's what I've heard. One FB friend just says, "It's messed up! This show rocks!"

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Nov 1 2011, 01:36 PM)
The show is totally messed up.

In a good way.

laugh.gif

Yeah, that's what my friend meant. wink.gif

WOW...People who argue that The Walking Dead is so great should see this show. I like TWD but American Horror Story is just plain awesome.

People are saying that TWD had good character development which is why a zombie show is boring but it's still great. Well if you talk about character development, AHS has been on for 5 episodes and they have about 20 characters, some living, some dead, some who the hell knows, and the character development is just awesome and at the same time, you are RIVETED to your seat not knowing what's gonna happen next.

It's official for me, I LOVE THIS SHOW. Breaking Bad is my all time favorite and probably always will be, because it offers laughs, thrills, wtf moments, just everything.

AHS is the same in that it's amazingly written, acted and directed, but it has no humor AT ALL. Just bizarre, scary, strange, edge of your seat scenes all stacked together. I think in 5 episodes of AHS has provided 10x's the thrills of TWD did in it's full first season.

This is what you get when great writing, acting, directing, basically everything you want in a show, comes together.

I can't wait for more!!!

yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif wacko.gif ohmy.gif admin.gif wtf.gif beathorse.gif pokey.gif scared.gif

Tried to start with the first DVR'd episode, the pilot, last night after everyone went to bed. I watched three or four minutes and stopped. Yikes! I think I'll need to watch this show in the daytime! laugh.gif

I'm sometimes scared in my big old house on a GOOD night; I don't think watching a ghost story helps.

smile.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZqCelgUIwT8/To2X873kfUI/AAAAAAAAAQA/H1iMSAclQao/s320/American-Horror-Story.png

EDIT: I just read some blogger's write-up of the basic plotlines/characters, and Jesus Christ, it gets so much worse than a creepy little girl saying "If you go in there, you're gonna die." Maybe this isn't for me. scared.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz

Last nights episode was good. Now I have no idea about the blond haired kid.

So... he died about 17 years ago? And was Lange's son? If he's a ghost, why is he afraid of and kept running away from the dead teenagers he shot and did he even really shoot them??

Next weeks episode is going to be great because Halloween's over and the ghosts have to return to the house.

The show keeps getting better. I've been able to figure out over the last couple weeks what's been going on a lot better. As opposed to the cluster f**k that the first two episodes were. But then again maybe i'm getting used to the show now and the first two episodes weren't really that confusing laugh.gif

I'll have to go back and watch them again.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Nov 3 2011, 04:51 PM)
This show is crazy!

Is there anyone actually alive here?

Oh shit, you've got me thinking about a whole other possibility with this show now ohmy.gif

I thought at the very least the family in the house was alive but who really knows confused13.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 3 2011, 08:02 AM)
I just read some blogger's write-up of the basic plotlines/characters, and Jesus Christ, it gets so much worse than a creepy little girl saying "If you go in there, you're gonna die." Maybe this isn't for me. scared.gif

Yeah, the little girl with down syndrome telling people "they're gonna die" is very creepy but that's just the start to how creepy it gets firedevil.gif