American Horror Story

Tick

I just read through the whole thread and all the spoilers did was make the show seem intriguing. I have the first season saved on the DVR and almost deleted them, but I think I'll at least give them a try. Halloween is almost here and if I can watch a decent series instead of those lame movies on Chiller I may survive the scary season.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 20 2012, 03:23 AM)
I just read through the whole thread and all the spoilers did was make the show seem intriguing. I have the first season saved on the DVR and almost deleted them, but I think I'll at least give them a try. Halloween is almost here and if I can watch a decent series instead of those lame movies on Chiller I may survive the scary season.

The first season is beyond epic! You must watch it!!!! 1022.gif

Last years series was totally different . This year looks even better.

I do recognize a few faces that came back.

BUT i may not be able to watch this year. I use to watch them on HULU

but i havent found them there yet. I saw the first episode somewhere else at 1 A.M. Cant do that all the time.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Oct 20 2012, 09:03 AM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Oct 20 2012, 03:23 AM)
I just read through the whole thread and all the spoilers did was make the show seem intriguing.  I have the first season saved on the DVR and almost deleted them, but I think I'll at least give them a try.  Halloween is almost here and if I can watch a decent series instead of those lame movies on Chiller I may survive the scary season.

The first season is beyond epic! You must watch it!!!! 1022.gif

yes.gif

Definitely.

I'm a little envious knowing that you have the option to sit, late at night and watch the entire first series back-to-back, not knowing what this show is about.

Wow.

You must do this and report back. With the new series *just* starting, you HAVE to watch this with us. yes.gif

QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Oct 20 2012, 11:24 AM)
Last years series was totally different . This year looks even better.
I do recognize a few faces that came back.

BUT i may not be able to watch this year. I use to watch them on HULU
but i havent found them there yet. I saw the first episode somewhere else at 1 A.M. Cant do that all the time.

smile.gif

There's this thing called a DVR. You should look into it laugh.gif

Finally got a chnace to see the season premier last night, and what a great show!!!!

Really like all the story lines even the time warp with what's his face from Maroon 5 in the opening...like to see what happens there.

I didn't recognize the younger nun as the wife of the crazy doctor from the first series, whoever pointed that out, thanks. And Jessica Lange is great in every scene although I thought she lost her accent a couple of times.

Everyone does a great job with that show!!! So many questions though. Thank goodness the writers are good at explaining and answering questions we might have...unlike Lost.

Can't wait for episode 2.

Last night's show (episode 2) was amazing. I love this show!! The young nun (Sister Mary Eunice) is fast becoming my favorite character. I cannot wait to see what happens now that she's possessed.

The good doctor (played by James Cromwell) is really creepy.

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 26 2012, 12:35 AM)
Last night's show (episode 2) was amazing. I love this show!! The young nun (Sister Mary Eunice) is fast becoming my favorite character. I cannot wait to see what happens now that she's possessed.

Yes...the new possession will be very cool to watch. This season is certainly not at all like the first season. It's like two different shows.

QUOTE (Khan @ Oct 26 2012, 10:23 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 26 2012, 12:35 AM)

Yes...the new possession will be very cool to watch. This season is certainly not at all like the first season. It's like two different shows.

That's exactly what the writers were going for. It's actually a brilliant idea when you think about it. A lot of people are hesitant to start watching shows in the middle of their runs since they haven't seen them from the begining. With this show it doesn't matter if it lasts ten seasons, you can start watching it then and never have to worry about being lost because you didn't see the previous seasons.

So i'm guessing that "creature" that attacked the honeymoon couple might be one of the things in the woods that the doctor and Sister Eunice took care of? It kind of looks like Evan Peters so I wonder if he is turned into one of them? The possession of Sister Eunice should be good to. Sister Jude seems to have good intentions when it comes to wanting to help the inmates with their troubles, but her methods are questionable.

I watched the entire first season this past weekend. I was only going to watch a few episodes, but my wife and I got hooked quickly. All of it was great except for the oddly disjointed last episode. Even with a bit of a weak ending it was better than almost any scary show I ever saw on TV. It was a very original way to do a haunted house/ghost story. Looking forward to season two.

I watched the entire first season this past weekend. I was only going to watch a few episodes, but my wife and I got hooked quickly. All of it was great except for the oddly disjointed last episode. Even with a bit of a weak ending it was better than almost any scary show I ever saw on TV. It was a very original way to do a haunted house/ghost story. Looking forward to season two.

You do know that each season tells a completely different story, right? The story they told in the first season is over and done now.

You do know that each season tells a completely different story, right? The story they told in the first season is over and done now.

Yep, that's why I'm gonna probably wait until the whole thing is done to watch it unless I run out of other things to watch.

Yep, that's why I'm gonna probably wait until the whole thing is done to watch it unless I run out of other things to watch.

NOOO!! We need to discuss the awesome scariness of each episode every week.

While season 2 has started off with lots of intrigue, season 1 was CREEPY. This one seems more interested in gore/blood while the first season was more supenseful, and it's humour also worked well. (How can you not love a closet full of mirrors?)

Based on that "closet full of mirrors" remark I'm going to have to watch it.

While season 2 has started off with lots of intrigue, season 1 was CREEPY. This one seems more interested in gore/blood while the first season was more supenseful, and it's humour also worked well. (How can you not love a closet full of mirrors?)

Yes, I agree.

Season 1 was way more creepy and suspenseful and down right scary, while this season, although good so far, is more about blood and gross stuff. I understand you can't just rehash season 1 and like I said, the second season has been really good so far, but from the point which is more scary, I'm going season 1.

Based on that "closet full of mirrors" remark I'm going to have to watch it.

It's a quick scene, can't remember which episode, but pretty sure it was within the first 2 or 3. Not sure if it was filmed to be funny although the way the rest of the season played out I'm pretty sure it was.

This week's episode was ok.

Thought it was funny that the doctor cut off the lower portion of the nimphos legs. Was it supposed to be some sort of pun, like, now she'll always be on her knees?

I think it's interesting that they start each episode showing a little more about the current day situation with the couple in the now-abandoned asylum.

I can't help but wonder what is up with the girl who be-friended alien abduction guy. I bet there's more to her story than we've been told.

I can only watch it if im at work and noone else has the tv on. ive seen episode 1 and 3 so far. Watched every episode last season. I picked this as my favorite sho on another thread. This one wasnt on the list but i did mention it. I picked Nashville off the list.

This season of American Horrpr is better than the first!

Yes, I agree.

Season 1 was way more creepy and suspenseful and down right scary, while this season, although good so far, is more about blood and gross stuff. I understand you can't just rehash season 1 and like I said, the second season has been really good so far, but from the point which is more scary, I'm going season 1.

I agree as well. I think season one was creepier and I found it scarier. Part of it may be my cringe at the MA accent on screen (very, very few examples of the authentic accent performed well) and some of it my lingering letdown from the ending of season one.

For me, season two so far....meh.

After such a wonderful first season, I can't even comprehend how some are saying season two is better since there's only been three episodes so far. The story this season has yet to be completed, let's not jump the gun here until we see how the whole story plays out. Once the seasons over it's up for debate on which one is better, but right now it's rediculously too soon to make that call.

I liked this week's episode. Sister Eunice is getting more interesting now that she's possessed and turning into a slutty nun. Also, when the doctor was trying to attack the nimpho patient, why couldn't she just knock him over or kick him in the balss to get away? The dude is like 70, it shouldn't be that hard for a young women like her to escape.

After such a wonderful first season, I can't even comprehend how some are saying season two is better since there's only been three episodes so far. The story this season has yet to be completed, let's not jump the gun here until we see how the whole story plays out. Once the seasons over it's up for debate on which one is better, but right now it's rediculously too soon to make that call.

I liked this week's episode. Sister Eunice is getting more interesting now that she's possessed and turning into a slutty nun. Also, when the doctor was trying to attack the nimpho patient, why couldn't she just knock him over or kick him in the balss to get away? The dude is like 70, it shouldn't be that hard for a young women like her to escape.

Well I wasn't a huge fan of season 1, so it's not taking much.

Good episode....There is some real f'ed up shit happening this time around...That scene at the school with the little girl was great, but it would have given the girl/creature the chance to tell the cops what's up in the nut house there.

Don't find this season to be as scary, or intriguing as last time around, but still am anxious to see what happens next.